Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 06:39 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
My statement isn't false. When was the last time republicans got the black vote. The don't give a damn about us. You 0.25% of the black population on your side. That won't change my opinion. You don't want us. Newt is telling us we should ask for jobs instead of food stamps and ron paul had racist newsletters. Yea, they definitely want us on their side.
Harry Reid would probably be impressed with your writing abilties and dialect. Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 06:51 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
From past democratic presidential candidates.....

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house".

“White folks was [sic] in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.”

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation." (Of course this is more religious bigotry than racial)

Al Sharpton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You really want more?

Ok....

Among Jackson's other remarks were that Richard Nixon was less attentive to poverty in the U.S. because "four out of five [of Nixon's top advisors] are German Jews and their priorities are on Europe and Asia"; that he was "sick and tired of hearing about the Holocaust";

"Hymie town"

Jesse Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FOR GODS SAKE>>>>>> Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid less than 4 years ago said....

"He [Reid] was wowed by Obama's oratorical gifts and believed that the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama -- a 'light-skinned' African American 'with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one,'

Reid apologizes for racial remarks about Obama during campaign - CNN

I mean seriously, WTH?

Oh, so you wanna go to the quotes. Ok, I'll play along

Quote:
It’s like touching a tar baby and you get it, you’re stuck, and you’re a part of the problem now and you can’t get away,”
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ng-a-tar-baby/

Quote:
Incoming Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott issued a written apology Monday evening over his comment that the United States would have avoided "all these problems" if then-segregationist Strom Thurmond had been elected president in 1948.
Lott apologizes for Thurmond comment - CNN

Quote:
The California Republican who e-mailed a racist "family photo" of President Obama because she thought it was funny offered up a second, less defiant apology Monday.
GOPer Marilyn Davenport 'sorry' again for racist Obama e-mail; Rev. Al Sharpton demands she resign - New York Daily News

Quote:
Republican legislative aide fired for sending out a "reprehensible" e-mail depicting President Obama as two cartoonish white eyes peering from a black background.
Racist e-mail aimed at Obama raises hackles in Tennessee - CNN

And it goes on and on. So again this fantasy that the Democrats are racists and hate black people but the Republicans are the champions of blacks is BS. Both parties have their ignorance, posters on these boards head is too far up their partisan rumps to acknowledge it.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:43 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
"Race card"?

You mean like the racists who lie about President Obama's citizenship and religion?

You mean the racist innuendoes about Food Stamps and black people having no work ethic?

You mean the racist posters and caricatures that have appeared at Tea Party rallies?

I guess you're right: whatever Republican is running, he will continue to use race, and racist tactics, to try to defeat our President.
FAIL!! DELUSIONAL!! MISGUIDED!! All words to describe your weak and pathetic position AND the 3 years this country has suffered under the rule of the most misguided failure of a president since jimbo carter....and if you are confused...YES, I mean obama.

That ain't racist son...them is da' facts.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:01 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,171,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
And I thought Powell was quite the darling of the GOP! After a stellar career (and one which he acknowledges was aided by AA) he was sent before the world to lie unknowingly for Rummy and 5-Deferment Dick. That was wrong. Powell made a wise decision in backing President Obama, and no doubt will do so again. Why back the people who sullied your honor?
Lies, sullied honor........what drama. Good grief. I have nothing against mr powell. I'm certain he's a nice guy. He's served his country well. That doesn't mean I have to agree with his political choices. In point of fact I disagree with him. It's just as simple as that.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:01 PM

106 posts, read 157,611 times
Over the past few years I've noticed this "Race Card" has really been flipped by both the the far right/left to handpick the most ignorant situations to make black issues seem less credible than they really are, while ignoring true race issues (disproportionate unemployment, singled out crime, etc).

The white media controls what is and isn't considered a race issue. Ron Paul has more support among blacks than any of the other GOP candidates. They have tried to pin him as a racist for months but it doesn't stick because the audience they're trying to claim is a victim doesn't even believe it. Meanwhile Rick Santorum's ignorant stereotypes, Newt Gingrich's race baiting tactics, and Mitt Romneys Elitism/Mormon past rarely gets addressed.

And as far as Obama goes, I will not vote for him this time but with the Tea Party movement I see that many conservatives clearly are more concerned about getting "the black man" out of the White House rather than actually choosing a candidate who will change policies for the better.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
When 95% of a group votes for someone because the other choice is of the party that continually insults them, that is understandable.
Insults?

Do you have facts and proof of these so called insults?

Or are you doing the Obama thing and changing the truth and deflecting.

When any group votes 95% for one person because of color that is racist period.

Can you imagine is 95% of all whites voted for the GOP nominee and a landslide win occurred you would see a completely different way of how one would handle a true racist. But you wont see that and you know it.

Whites voted for Obama in large numbers, he could not have won without that vote but now we are seeing the race card again.

Gets old after a while.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:27 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
FAIL!! DELUSIONAL!! MISGUIDED!! All words to describe your weak and pathetic position AND the 3 years this country has suffered under the rule of the most misguided failure of a president since jimbo carter....and if you are confused...YES, I mean obama.

That ain't racist son...them is da' facts.

They cannot handle the facts and know this idiot has nearly destroyed America.

All those posted above are facts, nothing with race at all.

Record welfare
Record foreclosures
Record bankruptcies
Record job losses

Those are facts period.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:38 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,553 times
Hey republicans, I have a crazy idea that just might work for you, if you want stop the race card. Why don't you actually trying going out there and getting the black vote instead of just complaining that blacks always vote democrat and that democrats use the race card. If you actually give us a legit reason to join, we might consider it. Just simply telling us we are brainwashed and that the democrats kepp us down isn't doing the job.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:27 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Hey republicans, I have a crazy idea that just might work for you, if you want stop the race card. Why don't you actually trying going out there and getting the black vote instead of just complaining that blacks always vote democrat and that democrats use the race card. If you actually give us a legit reason to join, we might consider it. Just simply telling us we are brainwashed and that the democrats kepp us down isn't doing the job.
Some people are doing just that

Dallas Tea Party Invites Olbermann look-a-likes at MSNBC - YouTube

Old 02-01-2012, 01:42 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Lies, sullied honor........what drama. Good grief. I have nothing against mr powell. I'm certain he's a nice guy. He's served his country well. That doesn't mean I have to agree with his political choices. In point of fact I disagree with him. It's just as simple as that.

I'd say it's not an overstatement or drama when a man as respected by both sides of the aisle as Powell is sent to unknowingly lie to the world. What Powell did is against the military code of ethics, and it certainly
left a blight on his career. He wasn't appreciative of having been used.
I don't care if you disagree...just pointing out that someone as highly
respected and intelligent as Powell isn't afraid to acknowledge that AA was instrumental to his success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections