Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:34 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times

Advertisements

Repugs: If they scream and whine about others "playing the race card" they think people will get shy of pointing out their RACISM.

The louder they whine and scream about it the more guilty of racism they sound.

If they weren't racist , they would have nothing to worry about......they would have their reputatin to support how non-racist they are....

Where's Herman Cain, the cheating scumbag?

Where's Newt, the cheating scumbag?

And what is the difference between them.....??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 07:43 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Okay. I was just trying to make sense of what you posted, since there was no truth to it the way you meant it. I guess I overestimated you.
What was untruthful about what I posted?

Old 01-31-2012, 07:55 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
When 95% of a group votes for someone because of their color that is racist.

Would people please check statistics???? Blacks vote over 90% for the Democratic candidate every election regardless of race. No one screamed when Blacks overwhelmingly supported Bill Clinton, but suddenly when Obama was supported, it was because of race...give me a freakin' break! There is so much racism and ignorance on this board

Old 01-31-2012, 11:47 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,098,001 times
Why are conservatives so obsessed with the "race card"? Why can't they stop noticing Obama is black?

Old 01-31-2012, 12:54 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Why are conservatives so obsessed with the "race card"? Why can't they stop noticing Obama is black?
Why can you not notice that Obama is white?

Old 01-31-2012, 01:12 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Way to distort.

When Gingrich is accused by the NYT of racism because he prefers jobs over food stamps, or when Bill Clinton is accused for use of the term 'fairy tale,' this does not entail conservatives unable to 'stop noticing Obama is black.' Or when lib journalist Spencer Ackermann urged colleagues to pick random conservatives and "call them racist."

Why the need to distort like that?

Old 01-31-2012, 01:17 PM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Of course obama will use the race card. Whether the GOP likes it or not, they have a perception that they don't care about minorities and they look out for rich white people. I don't know why you care about the race card because it has been used before and it will be used in the future until the GOP changes their perception.
It was used against Hillary and democrat voters in WV when Obama lost that state in the primaries.

Nothing like stirring the pot and damaging race relations to win the democratic primary eh?

And just in the last year anyone criticizing Holder? Racist.

Don't like Obama's policies? Racist.

As an independent that VOTED FOR OBAMA in 2008 I can forgive some of the primary garbage since elections are always scummy. However, I am utterly sick and tired of the race card being played.

It's played ALL THE TIME in threads around here and it's insulting to real cases of racism. In fact, it's becoming like a sinister form of bullying usually by people that don't have a rational argument and so reach for their shield of racism to hide behind.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:20 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Here is the quote I was looking for yesterday from Game Change. It happened in July 2008, after Hillary had decided to drop out, in a conversation between Hillary & high-ranking advisor Mark Penn.

(p.265)

Here is another bonus quote of interest from just after the 08 SC primary:

(p. 227)
I've read the passage. It is just sour grapes. Just because she believes it doesn't make it true.

To me the whole passage frankly speaks to why she lost. Until it was too late she just couldn't comprehend that she would not win the nomination. Her campaign was run as if they only had to perform well in a few key states. Of course the polls leading up to the primaries would reenforced her mistaken belief.

Clinton Maintains Large Lead Over Obama Nationally

The Obama team simply out campaigned and out organized the Clinton team. The Obama team did have the advantage that the Clinton team didn't see them as a real threat, again until it was too late. Obama also had the advantage that the first contest was in Iowa, a neighboring state.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Great circular logic.

Bob: I don't like Obamacare!
Joe: Why don't you like black people Bob?
Bob: Say what? What does my feelings about Obamacare have to do with race?
Joe: Truth hurts huh Bob?
Bob: Playing the race card like that is really scummy and unfair.
Joe: Why are you so obsessed with the race card? Racist.
Bob: <sigh>

Rauxcism is awesome, it unites us.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I've read the passage. It is just sour grapes. Just because she believes it doesn't make it true.

To me the whole passage frankly speaks to why she lost. Until it was too late she just couldn't comprehend that she would not win the nomination. Her campaign was run as if they only had to perform well in a few key states. Of course the polls leading up to the primaries would reenforced her mistaken belief.

Clinton Maintains Large Lead Over Obama Nationally

The Obama team simply out campaigned and out organized the Clinton team. The Obama team did have the advantage that the Clinton team didn't see them as a real threat, again until it was too late. Obama also had the advantage that the first contest was in Iowa, a neighboring state.
Oprah. It's really that simple....and yes, she is LOVED in Iowa and many other places too where she personally campaigned for Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections