Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 06:12 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
How could anyone who does not have blind faith bordering on delusions see this as anything but disastrous?

Ron Paul 116,776 7%
Well he didn't spend a day in or a dollar on Florida. He skipped over Florida completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 06:14 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Well he didn't spend a day in or a dollar on Florida. He skipped over Florida completely.
Is that how elections are won?

Old 02-01-2012, 06:31 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times
So people in Florida didn't have televisions to watch the endless debates or internet access to learn about the 3 zillion youtube vids about Ron Paul.......but they were able to judge who to vote for based solely on TV commercials even though they cant watch debates?

I don't think Santorum spent much money in Iowa,[although he did spend a lot of time there],and he won Iowa.

I keep asking where exactly Ron Paul is expected to 'win',if anywhere and I can't get hardly anyone to name a specific state.One person did say California,Washington ,and Oregon and even gave a logical reason why.....but mostly I get that question ignored or get told vague answers like "he will do well out west."

I will go on record again that I don't think he will win ANY states.If i'm wrong that is fine with me....I doubt I am.I do think he will likely come in second a few places.

Where is he going to win?Anywhere?Anybody?

Old 02-01-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
So people in Florida didn't have televisions to watch the endless debates or internet access to learn about the 3 zillion youtube vids about Ron Paul.......but they were able to judge who to vote for based solely on TV commercials even though they cant watch debates?

I don't think Santorum spent much money in Iowa,[although he did spend a lot of time there],and he won Iowa.

I keep asking where exactly Ron Paul is expected to 'win',if anywhere and I can't get hardly anyone to name a specific state.One person did say California,Washington ,and Oregon and even gave a logical reason why.....but mostly I get that question ignored or get told vague answers like "he will do well out west."

I will go on record again that I don't think he will win ANY states.If i'm wrong that is fine with me....I doubt I am.I do think he will likely come in second a few places.

Where is he going to win?Anywhere?Anybody?
I think his strategy is to not campaign or spend money in big states.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:41 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times
Quote:
I think his strategy is to not campaign or spend money in big states.
I can understand the money part........but not campaign??

Old 02-01-2012, 06:45 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
It is getting to look like running for President is a hobby for him. He's got enough support to hang in there for a long time.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:46 PM

740 posts, read 1,974,018 times
Sorry to burst your simple little bubbles, but Ron Paul is about fiscal responsibility. Something Romney and Gingrich know absolutely nothing about. It made no sense for him to spend the average Joe's hard earned dollars to campaign in a state he has no chance in.

Romney spent something like 13 million, and gingrich 3 million and Ron Paul 0.

A Presidential candidate who understands fiscal responsibility? No way!

Old 02-01-2012, 06:47 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
Quote:
How could anyone who does not have blind faith bordering on delusions see this as anything but disastrous?

Ron Paul 116,776 7%
Dr Paul has stated many time. He does not has the money to go head to head with the establishment where they have 10 of millions at disposal on a winner takes all state.

In other words, Dr Paul did not campaign in Florida.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Dr Paul has stated many time. He does not has the money to go head to head with the establishment where they have 10 of millions at disposal on a winner takes all state.

In other words, Dr Paul did not campaign in Florida.
So this is how you win elections?

Old 02-01-2012, 06:50 PM

441 posts, read 886,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Ron Paul didn't even campaign in Florida. Gingrich and Santorum spend millions of dollars there in total.

All three came away with zero delegates.

That's why he didn't campaign there. The numbers looked bad to start with, and since it's a winner take all, unless he thought he could win the state, there was no point in throwing much money at it.
This. He's going after the caucus states
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections