Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:36 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,771,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Really? Your making an excuse? But because the rich supports themselves...You should have just stopped at yes it happens and its is wrong.
Just as you make excuses for the underclass ghetto dwellers. Why do the rich need an excuse to spend their own money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 08:37 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,715,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Was ?
He got better.

She turned me into a NEWT! - YouTube

Old 02-03-2012, 08:37 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,561,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Just as you make excuses for the underclass ghetto dwellers. Why do the rich need an excuse to spend their own money?

Now you've moved from excusing the rich for their crimes to flat out lying. Where? where did I excuse anyone. Continue to show your ignorance. Poor thing.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
again, your trying to excuse crime using zip codes and income level.
I have not made any excuse for anyone, crime is wrong period, it just happens to be much higher in poor communities. Sometimes, I wonder about your perception of things.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,561,138 times
Quote:
I have not made any excuse for anyone, crime is wrong period, it just happens to be much higher in poor communities. Sometimes, I wonder about your perception of things.

This is what you said
Quote:
Yes, it happenes and it is wrong, but the rich and middle class support themselves for the most part and the welfare class doesn't, they depend on us to support their lazy azz's.
My response to you was, you should have just left it at "yes it happens and it is wrong".

Once you included "but" you were making an excuse using zip code and income level for crime. A victim doesn't care if the person is rich or poor. You then decided to turn it personal. Yes perception is everything, crime is crime no matter the zip code, income level or who's in office at the time

Old 02-03-2012, 10:46 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,493,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Wow. Just WOW.

What a nasty, hateful, miserable person you must be.

I'm afraid to ask you what you think we should do about the poor children - who have no say or power in their lives - but who go to be hungry every night?
Nope he is right. In America being poor is really a lifestyle choice. If you graduate from high school, have your first kid when you are 18 and older and married you have a 2% chance of being poor.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:47 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,493,599 times
Quote:
Poor Black communities. There are numerous places in this country that are poor and have low rates of crime. El Paso, TX comes to mind for example.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:53 AM

504 posts, read 1,275,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Poor Black communities. There are numerous places in this country that are poor and have low rates of crime. El Paso, TX comes to mind for example.
The El Paso Miracle - Reason Magazine

Old 02-03-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
This is what you said

My response to you was, you should have just left it at "yes it happens and it is wrong".

Once you included "but" you were making an excuse using zip code and income level for crime. A victim doesn't care if the person is rich or poor. You then decided to turn it personal. Yes perception is everything, crime is crime no matter the zip code, income level or who's in office at the time
It was about drug use, which in my eyes is not a crime, and if people who earn their own money want to waste it on drugs, so be it. People who are dependent on the welfare system taking drugs, are using public money to support their habit. It is wrong because they are freeloading.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:00 AM

25,867 posts, read 20,807,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Nope he is right. In America being poor is really a lifestyle choice. If you graduate from high school, have your first kid when you are 18 and older and married you have a 2% chance of being poor.
He's been saying the same thing for months. Funny how saying it point blank is now considered to have been 'misspeaking.'

Mitt Romney Says He 'Misspoke' On 'Very Poor' Comments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections