Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:17 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,801 times

Advertisements

I voted for Mitt Romney in 2008, but in 2012 I’m voting for Ron Paul | Richard K Miller

Great story and very detailed. I would request every Republican, and Romney supporters in particular, to read this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 09:21 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Great article, thanks for sharing. I'd say my path since 2008 when I voted for Romney in the primaries has been similar.

Ron Paul 2012!
Rand Paul 2016!

Old 02-04-2012, 03:26 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
I voted for Mitt Romney in 2008, but in 2012 I’m voting for Ron Paul | Richard K Miller

Great story and very detailed. I would request every Republican, and Romney supporters in particular, to read this.
Yeah right. Sure thing. LOL

Is that extremist man still around?

Old 02-04-2012, 03:56 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,893 times
Excellent article.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:08 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

sorry, but RP is not extremist unless you call a politician that wants liberty for all the citizens he represents extremist.

too many people these days are afraid of freedom and liberty to want it, they would rather have uncle sugar supply them with a check each month even if it comes out of their best friends or other familily members pocketbooks.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:40 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
sorry, but RP is not extremist unless you call a politician that wants liberty for all the citizens he represents extremist.

too many people these days are afraid of freedom and liberty to want it, they would rather have uncle sugar supply them with a check each month even if it comes out of their best friends or other familily members pocketbooks.
You are aware that plenty of people who aren't Ron Paul supporters don't receive any govt checks?Are you suggesting that most Romney or Gingrich supporters are on welfare or govt workers?

Old 02-04-2012, 04:41 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post

It is unclear to me whether the so-called "extremist" is RP or Miller? Less likely Mitt.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:48 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

Individual freedom, personal liberty and the US Constitution, are very extreme aren't they...

Old 02-04-2012, 04:50 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,774 times
Only thing that I took from that article that the author is a mushbrain with little common sense and instead of having his head filled with GOP propaganda, it's filled with libertarian Ayn Rand propaganda. Paulites never seem to figure out that the "invisible hand" with no regulation is what caused the Great Depression and the mess we are in now. People are too stupid to be left to their own vices but stupid people don't know they're stupid so it then leads to the propaganda filled head.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:00 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Paulites never seem to figure out that the "invisible hand" with no regulation is what caused the Great Depression and the mess we are in now. People are too stupid to be left to their own vices but stupid people don't know they're stupid so it then leads to the propaganda filled head.
I beg to differ. The Great Depression was caused by government intervention, not by the free market. Don't believe me, believe the experts. America's Great Depression by economist Murray N. Rothbard gives great insight into the causes of the Great Depression. The Mises Institute has a free copy online, so it would not cost you anything to read it. If you do not brush off my suggestion and happen to read it, it will open your eyes, guaranteed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections