Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 12:54 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,428,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No, the discussion of the devaluation of our dollar and economic collapse has become mainstream, even amongst financial analysts and financial news venues.

Likely the euro will precede the demise of the US dollar. It is a near certainty that the dollar will not remain the world's reserve currency per Obama's own Treasury Sec. Tim Geithner.

I guess a person can smack himself in the head, or read up and get up to speed. YMMV
Oh, BTW - You DO know don't you that the US Dollar Index (where the US dollar stands compared to an index of major foreign currencies) is ALMOST EXACTLY where it stood on Jan 1, 1980 right?

All this talk about the "collapse" of the US dollar is just fear-mongering BS.
Take a look for YOURSELF:

United States Dollar Index (DXY)

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 01:01 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,793,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Doomsday prepper much????

Silly person, i was raised a survivalist. I learned how to hunt and fish and trap when i was very young. I don't need the pretense of potential collapse to be a interested in survivalism. If it happened, would you be ready? Something tells me you probably wouldn't last very long.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:02 PM

13,875 posts, read 9,815,024 times
Ron Paul is clueless when it comes to economics.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:04 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,428,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I guess it would be going too far to actually expect someone with the moderator star to follow the TOS and refrain from personal attacks on posters.
Oh, and I rest my case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Silly person, i was raised a survivalist. I learned how to hunt and fish and trap when i was very young. I don't need the pretense of potential collapse to be a interested in survivalism. If it happened, would you be ready? Something tells me you probably wouldn't last very long.

Ken

Old 03-09-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Ron Paul is clueless when it comes to economics.
So clueless that he was one of the only people warning of the impending housing bubble collapse for years before it actually happened.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Oh, and I rest my case:

Ken

Do you have a problem with with survivalism?

Old 03-09-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
So clueless that he was one of the only people warning of the impending housing bubble collapse for years before it actually happened.
No. That has nothing to do with monetary policy. Many people on the left and right could see that train wreck from a mile away. Paul's entire Austrian philosophy of economics is the problem. It's a lot like communism. It looks good on paper and sounds nice, but doesn't work in the real world.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,872,390 times
The federal reserve is a private company and should be abolished......... every Dollar printed costs America over a Dollar to buy.
One of the most ungodly and fraudulent institutions ever perpetrated on the American people and the world, is the Federal Reserve System which through deceit became the central bank of the United States in 1913. The idea came about on a meeting in Jekyll Island off the coast of Georgia in 1910. The bankers in this country, especially J.P. Morgan, created a currency panic in 1907 in order to get the American people to accept the idea of a central bank.
The idea of a central bank is to so enslave the people of the country to a debt money system that you continue to collect taxes continuously which just covers the interest. The duped people of the United States are paying about $400 billion dollars per year to the IRS which is the collection agency for the Federal Reserve. By the way, the Federal Reserve is a privately owned bank with 10 private members. The Chase Manhattan Bank is a member which is owned by the Rockefellers who are Rothschild Agents.
Here are the ten member banks of the Federal Reserve (all owned by the Rothschilds)

Rothschild Bank of London
Warburg Bank of Hamburg
Rothschild Bank of Berlin
Lehman Brothers of New York*
Lazard Brothers of Paris
Kuhn Loeb Bank of New York*
Israel Moses Seif Banks of Italy
Goldman, Sachs of New York
Warburg Bank of Amsterdam
Chase Manhattan Bank of New York
*In 1977 Kuhn Loeb and Lehman Brothers merged to create Kuhn Loeb, Lehman Brothers, Inc.
Collapse of the Dollar?????? As long as it is in their interests.... yes....................

Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
No. That has nothing to do with monetary policy. Many people on the left and right could see that train wreck from a mile away. Paul's entire Austrian philosophy of economics is the problem. It's a lot like communism. It looks good on paper and sounds nice, but doesn't work in the real world.
In case you were not aware of it ... Economics is not only concerned with monetary policy.

Right, Ron Paul is such a moron he was dubbed "the prophet" by time magazine for all of his erroneous predictions that never came true ... Keep living in moron land, it seems to suit you.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
In case you were not aware of it ... Economics is not only concerned with monetary policy.

Right, Ron Paul is such a moron he was dubbed "the prophet" by time magazine for all of his erroneous predictions that never came true ... Keep living in moron land, it seems to suit you.
Explain to me how laying off hundred of thousands of public employees and gutting and eliminating programs that improve the economy is sound economic policy? When has weakening demand for goods and services ever increased higher economic activity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections