Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 04:38 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,792,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Who is Dr. Paul?

Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Interesting that he still tries to lecture you on education while making spelling errors throughout his reply.

Have you anything to offer other than nihilistic comments and criticisms of others clerical errors and typos? If so please feel free to do so ... Though i truly don't expect any nihilistic provocateur to have anything to say of real substance.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:08 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,238,633 times
Well you gotta admit Ironmaw, when you are blasting someone about their lack of education things like grammar and spelling errors in the content of the post you are doing it with are fair game for nitpicking by the uneducated blastees.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Well you gotta admit Ironmaw, when you are blasting someone about their lack of education things like grammar and spelling errors in the content of the post you are doing it with are fair game for nitpicking by the uneducated blastees.

I don't have to admit anything other than the fact that i was posting from my android and didn't take the time to edit the post because i was at work. I think it is pretty obvious if you go back through all of my posts in the past that i usually make every effort to be sure that i edit my posts for clerical errors, and it is even more obvious the tactics used by some people in order to belittle their political adversaries and muddy the water on the issues at hand. Not only is it immature, it is also utterly trite and petty ... Certain people should grow up and deal with the issues.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:17 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,929,436 times
Simply put, when other countries get fed up with us, they will dump the dollar as the reserve currency. When that happens this nation is doomed. The entire fabric of our nation hangs by a thread on the premise that the dollar is still the international reserve currency.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
the tactics used by some people in order to belittle their political adversaries and muddy the water on the issues at hand. Not only is it immature, it is also utterly trite and petty ... Certain people should grow up and deal with the issues.
We wouldn't want any belittling now would we...

Quote:
have read more than you on the subject, and I'm smart enough and educated enough to recognize the lack of education and ignorance/naivety of your statement above.
Quote:
Most people are too stuck in "the cave", staring "shadows on the wall", for me to expect them to be able to appreciate many things that are happening "behind the curtain" ... Just like i don't expect most people to even know the references im making in as many words.
Quote:
Go have another drink or pop your prescription candy with the other tyrannical cronies
Quote:
Wow, gun control and moon base connoisseurs ... yes i am disappointed, and you deserve to loose everything! You silly freaks! I hope every ***** and drunk and gambler loses everyone one of their rights. I hope they serve time in a secret prison camp, and are tortured ...

Old 03-06-2012, 05:25 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,219,755 times
Quote:
I was just curious how many people here who believe Dr. Paul is a loony will be sorry and regret that they did not listen to him when the dollar collapses. I will revisit this thread when it finally happens and see how people responded before the fact, and compare it to how they respond after it happens.

So what do you think, will you regret having ignored Dr. Paul when the dolla collapses?
Nope, I've been sorry since we allowed reagun's starve the beast trickle down policies which have screwed up this country. Really regret living thru this failed policy.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
We wouldn't want any belittling now would we...
Excuse me Slackjaw, why don't you go back and read the posts to which i was responding and see where the belittling began. Or doesn't nmnita's attack at my age and implied lack of experience count?

I am flattered by you remembering and keeping track of my posting, yet everyone of those posts you quoted of mine where in reference to someone who had already attacked me or were general statements without any specific target and though i am not proud of allowing my emotions to get the better of me at times, i am not necessarily ashamed of it either ... It can be very frustrating dealing with the people on these forums sometimes and I'm only human, and i tend to take things more seriously than most of you seem to.

And when i make critical comments i either generalize or attack peoples arguments and or positions, and not their spelling or grammar, though i have had plenty of opportunity to do so.

So now if we can get back to the OP, i would appreciate it if everyone would at least attempt to stay on topic ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 03-06-2012 at 06:03 PM..

Old 03-06-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
So now if we can get back to the OP, i would appreciate it if everyone would at least attempt to stay on topic ...
Good call, let's do that.

On topic = I've been hearing people calling for hyperinflation and dollar collapse "right around the corner" for at least four years now, and many of them do indeed use comments by Ron Paul and that guy Celente (sp?) as the foundation of their argument, so this thread isn't anything new.

What I'm curious is do any of the people who are constantly making these claims do anything to profit from their wisdom? Like set their investment positions to take advantage of the coming dollar collapse or rampant inflation and high interest rates that will be here any day now, or is it just from the sidelines telling others who do invest and make decisions based on market future what is coming?

Old 03-06-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Good call, let's do that.

On topic = I've been hearing people calling for hyperinflation and dollar collapse "right around the corner" for at least four years now, and many of them do indeed use comments by Ron Paul and that guy Celente (sp?) as the foundation of their argument, so this thread isn't anything new.

What I'm curious is do any of the people who are constantly making these claims do anything to profit from their wisdom? Like set their investment positions to take advantage of the coming dollar collapse or rampant inflation and high interest rates that will be here any day now, or is it just from the sidelines telling others who do invest and make decisions based on market future what is coming?

Yes, and Dr. Paul, among others, was warning about the housing bubble bursting for five years before it finally happened ...

And to answer your question, yes i fully intend to take advantage of the information and have been doing so by preparing for just such a collapse(no i don't have any guns or gold or weeks of food stashed away, though i am storing some seed, and am learning about advanced gardening and farming techniques and survival techniques as well including self defense), and hope to have more time to do so, and there are plenty of people getting rich off of the gold that they bought years ago as the dollar devalues year after year.

For me it is not about getting rich, because i have a feeling when this thing goes down, the playing field is going to be leveled - at least for those of us not protected by the special interests. It is more about survival than it is about capitalizing ... Because it wont be just the dollar that goes belly up when all is said and done. I am hoping that they wont opt immediately for a global cashless/electronic monetary system, but with the whole police and surveillance state emerging so quickly all over the world, that seems to be what they have in mind ... in which case it wont matter how much gold and silver you have stashed away ... at least not until that system collapses as well, which it inevitably will.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 03-06-2012 at 06:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections