Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:08 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Romney will face Obama in the campaign. What's the primary issue the Repubs have? Repeal Obamacare! Obama will continuously thank Romney for helping him create his signature objective, which he might actually start calling, "Obomneycare". Yep, should be an interest race this fall.
The magic moment will come when the moderator asks each of them about the individual mandate.

Romney will of course say he's against...until Obama says he's for it.

Then Romney will beg - "just let me answer what he said"...

"I'm now for it."

And the audience will be in awe.

~crickets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 05:13 PM

308 posts, read 517,941 times
If Vermont goes Paul it could be a major blow to Romney. With the high turnout of independents and Paul getting approximately 41% of them he has a chance to get Vermont.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Romney will face Obama in the campaign. What's the primary issue the Repubs have? Repeal Obamacare! Obama will continuously thank Romney for helping him create his signature objective, which he might actually start calling, "Obomneycare". Yep, should be an interest race this fall.
Obomnycare--I love this. I think Obama and the Democrats should definitely start using this. They should thank Romney for his contribution to the law every time the issue is brought up during the general election campaign. You can bet the GOP would stop talking about it when it becomes the talking point that reminds their base of why they didn't want Romney in the first place.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:20 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
It will be interesting to see who the Anti-Women Party chooses. You have to wonder about the long term viability of that Party.
I think the GOP has a solid "reinvent the party" ready to go and that option is to pursue some or all of Ron Paul's ideologies. I don't think Neocons like the idea one bit, but if the party starts to tank then they'll be looking for options.

At this point, the GOP would need to suffer a few humiliating defeats before the need to change the message sinks in. The best possible scenario for them this cycle would be for Santorum to nosedive right now. Romney and Gingrich don't seem quite so extreme on the birth control issue. They are willing to agree that you have to allow certain employers to opt out -- and by "certain employers" we all know they mean Catholicism and all Catholic affiliated organizations. No other religion that I know of takes a hard line on birth control and contraception. But Romney doesn't personally oppose contraception and I don't think Newt is overly interested in pressing the matter much despite being Catholic himself. Santorum is the only one that wants to go any further with the issue.

Some may believe that Pro-Choice vs Pro-Life is a women vs men issue, but the numbers have never supported that generalization. I think the GOP only truly solidifies their place as anti-woman if they nominate Santorum. Romney especially can backpedal and point out that he is absolutely not against contraception. His religion does not specifically oppose contraception as I understand it so he is under no moral obligation to support any sort of broad attack on contraception. Newt and Rick would have a fine line to walk on the issue since their religion officially opposes all contraception.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:22 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,518,405 times
VA goes to Romney at 3% reporting

57/43

Old 03-06-2012, 05:27 PM

308 posts, read 517,941 times
And as soon as I thought Paul had a shot at Vermont it has been called for Romney.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 PM

This is going to be a long night.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Default Exit Poll sounds good for Romney Ohio

They didn't release it all, but the tidbits sounded like Romney won.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:31 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Just fully released the Exit Poll -- it projects a 4 point Romney win over Santorum.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:42 PM

2,000+ people in Fargo for Ron Paul on CNN right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections