Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,346,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You have negated to give Bush the credit he deserves in Obama's success' you mention.

I said: benefited America in it's ENTIRITY.
See, I didn't vote for the Iraq War.
I'm only paying for it.

The withdrawal from Iraq was already determined under the Bush
administration. I'm sure intelligence going back to the Bush administration
also contributed to the kill of Bin Laden.

The government spent $79.3 billion assisting General Motors and Chrysler, and the first aid was approved by the
Bush administration as part of TARP. Obama only continued it.
Sure, it saved companies and some jobs in the process.

But, your #1 #2, #3 is no feather in anyone's individual cap, let alone
Obama's.

We all know Government IS the number one employer, but I'm not fond of public union jobs Obama may have saved/kept, using my tax payer dollars.
Now you are just being silly and playing a childish "I have my fingers in my ears so I can't hear what you are saying" game - which REALLY makes me doubt the "I didn't vote for Bush" claim you just made.

The guy in charge over the last 3 years was NOT Bush. Bush didn't pull us OUT of Iraq - though he DID get us IN. Bush didn't find and kill Bin Laden - though he DID let him slip through his fingers in Afghanistan. Bush didn't inherit an economy shedding 700,000+ jobs/month and turn it into one creating 200,000+ jobs/month - though he DID leave his successor to clean up his messes.

NO ONE with any common sense can possibly buy your silly argument. Bush was an unmitigated disaster - one sooooo bad that by the end of his term even his own party was ashamed to be associated with him. He left the country a mess - which Obama has had to clean up.

Ken

Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You think a guy who has people assassinated including children and American citizens without charge or trial is kind and gentle? Sick ...
Care to elaborate? Are you referring to Obama's continuation of Bush's War on Terra? Or are you upset, Usama and Gadhafi are dead?

Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You think a guy who has people assassinated including children and American citizens without charge or trial is kind and gentle? Sick ...
So are you going to put Bush on trial?????????????

Old 03-08-2012, 10:13 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Why would you put Bush on trial???? Bush and Rummy were true compassionate humanitarians.

How quick some forget...

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 01:28 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 10:54 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,480,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I`m not but if one state AG were to file charges,this man would prosecute for no fee. He`s been successful in 105 of the 106 felony cases he`s prosecuted.He locked up Charlie Manson and the Bush case would likely be easier.

The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

Old 03-08-2012, 12:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
I voted Libertarian Until the Dems/Repubs get their **** together,
they are not worthy of a vote at the Presidential level.
But you are supporting a Republican

Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
REALLY makes me doubt the "I didn't vote for Bush" claim you just made.

NO ONE with any common sense can possibly buy your silly argument. Bush was an unmitigated disaster - one sooooo bad that by the end of his term even his own party was ashamed to be associated with him. He left the country a mess - which Obama has had to clean up.

Ken
I have not repeatedly called Obama Bush III for nothing on CD
Obama has continued most of Bush Jr policies, in fact, doubling
down on some. And there's nothing silly about that.

It would be laughable that I'd vote for Bush, let alone Obama.
I've been a Libertarian my whole life, with the exception of voting
Paul in Republican primaries.

I don't detest Obama the way I did, let's say, Cheney, but
for Obama supporters to ignore his failings and/or
lack of successes is sad and silly

I have not met one Obama supporter from '08 in person, that
is not thoroughly disappointed in what Obama promised and what he
delivered. Seriously, not one.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Don't like those teachers, or firefighters, or police in your community, huh? I guess you'd prefer 50 kids in a classroom, neighborhoods burning to the ground, and criminals roaming your streets. Those "first responders" pulling people from the wreckage of the tornadoes are probably union employees some of whom have jobs today because of the stimulus bill.
Actually I'm against one teacher per 16 pupil ratio in a classroom.
I'm also for getting rid of the federal Department of Education.
That's a promise Ronald Reagan made and every Republican since
has made, but never delivered on....but all this is a thread all it's own.

Seriously, are you going to have stimulus bills at the federal level indefinitely,
to maintain jobs at the local level. How long do you think you can sustain that.
A tax dollar at the local level should determine what a municipality can, and
can not afford in that regard.
For the record, government and union employees should never exist in
the same sentence

A larger government at the federal level has never contributed to a safer
local community. The notion that a leaner federal government results in chaos on the streets is nothing but fear mongering.
Try ending the War on drugs if you want "less criminals" on the streets.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
But you are supporting a Republican
Guilty as charged (Paul supporter). Oh how I can't wait until this election is OVER.
I'm so not comfortable in the "present day" Republican booth

Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,346,065 times
Quote:
I have not repeatedly called Obama Bush III for nothing on CD
Obama has continued most of Bush Jr policies, in fact, doubling
down on some. And there's nothing silly about that.

It would be laughable that I'd vote for Bush, let alone Obama.
I've been a Libertarian my whole life, with the exception of voting
Paul in Republican primaries.

I don't detest Obama the way I did, let's say, Cheney, but
for Obama supporters to ignore his failings and/or
lack of successes is sad and silly

I have not met one Obama supporter from '08 in person, that
is not thoroughly disappointed in what Obama promised and what he
delivered. Seriously, not one.
Sure, no one is happy that it's taken so long to turn things around - but that's the way it is. The economy was pretty messed up & isn't going to be completely fixed overnight - and it IS true that the more Left-leaning members of the Democratic Party are not happy that Obama hasn't pushed a more Left-leaning agenda. That's their problem. Despite the way the Right painted him he was NEVER a Radical Left-Leaning candidate to be begin with - but rather was a Left-Leaning Moderate - which is WHY I LIKED HIM. Neither extreme - either Right or Left is ever happy with their candidate for the very reason that NO ONE has ever been elected who is very extreme. This is a good thing in my opinion. I don't want radical swings to the Left or Right I want someone more or less in the middle who's a pragmatist instead of dogmatist. The Far Left wanted "socialized medicine" and they didn't get it so they are unhappy about that. That's too bad. It was never a realistic expectation to begin with - no President is King and he always has to work in conjunction with Congress and Congress will only go so far. That's just the way it is. All things considered, Obama has done remarkably well - despite an open hostile GOP he's managed to get quite a few of his goals accomplished. Would I have liked more? Sure - I'll take what I can get - and for the most part I'm as satisfied with Obama as I've been with any other new President - and moreso than with most.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections