Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:19 PM

14,160 posts, read 15,214,056 times

Advertisements

in Mass. 4th Distict there will be in intresting race. This will be intresting, there is a Kennedy (yes those Kennedys) in the race, a Democrat, Kennedy in Massachusetts, not only that but with a brand new redistricted district.
Facing Bielat (R), in the General Election in Nov.
He ran within about 10 points of Barney Frank last time around which is the closest he has ever come to loseing.

any intresting races in your or surronding districts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 06:37 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,917,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
in Mass. 4th Distict there will be in intresting race. This will be intresting, there is a Kennedy (yes those Kennedys) in the race, a Democrat, Kennedy in Massachusetts, not only that but with a brand new redistricted district.
Facing Bielat (R), in the General Election in Nov.
He ran within about 10 points of Barney Frank last time around which is the closest he has ever come to loseing.

any intresting races in your or surronding districts?
It is my hope, there will be a lot of Women entering the races. Would likely be a good time to get to about a 50% representation up from 17%. What is the ranking? The number of US Women Legislators are 78th in the World. Time for women to get loud...!!!

Recent debate over contraception comes as GOP loses gains among women - The Washington Post

Old 03-10-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It is my hope, there will be a lot of Women entering the races. Would likely be a good time to get to about a 50% representation up from 17%. What is the ranking? The number of US Women Legislators are 78th in the World. Time for women to get loud...!!!

Recent debate over contraception comes as GOP loses gains among women - The Washington Post
Whats good about this year house race is more incumbants than Usual will be running agaisnt a competiter because every District was redistricted across the country.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,917,273 times
With the events in Afghanistan, the Dems will likely start running on getting us out of there, now! Not sure how the "War Party" Repub candidates could manage that type of position.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:46 PM

Any other House races that are intresting>? theres more than 500 of them poeple.
In MA
6th District
4th District
5st District

will be intresting
, 1 has a Kennedy and 2 (6 and 5) seem to have gained more republican areas of the state than Democratic areas so it could be a very close race.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:20 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,964,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Any other House races that are intresting>? theres more than 500 of them poeple.
In MA
6th District
4th District
5st District

will be intresting
, 1 has a Kennedy and 2 (6 and 5) seem to have gained more republican areas of the state than Democratic areas so it could be a very close race.
435 of them, actually.

I'm Minnesota, only one looks to be potentially interesting -- MN-8. No surprise, it's a freshman swept in on the 2010 wave. Such representatives are usually the most vulnerable. The other seven district feature Democrats who survived 2010 and Republicans who survived 2008, all incumbents who will likely coast to another term.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:17 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,430,087 times
In North Carolina it will be interesting to see if Kissell can survive in his new district. The GOP gerrymandering forced Miller and Shuler out and it is doubtful McIntyre can survive in his new district. Either way the new maps are going to pretty much oust most if not all the blue dog democrats, though I think Miller, not a blue dog, can make a comeback in 2014 if Price retires. With that said I do think the GOP got too greedy with their redistricting here and w/population growth it would not surprise me to see blue dogs start popping up in future races.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:16 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,281,887 times
I live in MA-6 - the district was reshaped and could prove to be interesting.

I will also throw in RI-1 (where I grew up) as a race to watch. David Cicilline (D) is in big trouble there - he is on a full out apology tour for his lies on how he ran Providence's finances (he was the former mayor and the city now is a complete mess financially). He is already losing to Doherty (the Republican challenger) in recent polls. Democrats are talking about a primary challenge to Cicilline to retain the seat. RI-1 has not had a Republican representative since 1995.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:07 AM

4,234 posts, read 4,228,135 times
I don't know about MA, but here in NJ-7, Lance will not get my vote. He supported the NDAA

Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I live in MA-6 - the district was reshaped and could prove to be interesting.

I will also throw in RI-1 (where I grew up) as a race to watch. David Cicilline (D) is in big trouble there - he is on a full out apology tour for his lies on how he ran Providence's finances (he was the former mayor and the city now is a complete mess financially). He is already losing to Doherty (the Republican challenger) in recent polls. Democrats are talking about a primary challenge to Cicilline to retain the seat. RI-1 has not had a Republican representative since 1995.
Yes With the addition of Tewksbury, Billrica and Andover, a region that went for Mccain in 08 and strongly for Brown in 2010 with a District that went 54-46 last time around, that would lead to a hotly contested race.
RI 1 has a chance of swing Republican but onl. Because of a horrible Democratic canidate not a strong Republican one, so if it goes Republican I would Expect it to go back Democratic in '14.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections