Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 03:52 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Except that is 100% factually incorrect - not that you care, your objective is to smear.

2012 had a higher turnout than 2008 and 2004 and 2000 and 1996 and ......

Turnout for Romney, Republicans better than reported - Political Watch - MarketWatch

And then ...

Voters stay home - chicagotribune.com

RCP Twitter - @nationaljournal - In Illinois primary, Chicago turnout lowest in 70 years http://t.co/rBQvVzN9 - 12/31/69

Low Voter Turnout My Ass — UPDATE : NO QUARTER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 03:57 PM

26,535 posts, read 15,102,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Why do people lie about things that are so easy to fact check? I just heard Newt on Hannity's radio show say that turnout was low because of Romney and Hannity didn't even attempt to correct him. I had to promptly turn the station to keep from puking with Hannity's kissing Newt's old butt. What is wrong with these media idiots?
That is funny that Newt is saying that Romney was the reason for a low turnout of support.

Romney got more Illinois votes than McCain did in 2008.

How many people turned out to vote for Newt yesterday? 73,378 good for 4th place! And he wants to blame Romney's 430,744 votes as the reason why more people didn't show up!?!?!?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:00 PM

Thanks, so your link at the bottom proves me correct. Anyone who bothered to not read biased sources and think for themselves would realize that the Illinois Primary had its highest Republican turnout in years.

Anyone with basic election knowledge should instantly be able to tell that it was impossible for yesterday's Illinois primary to be the lowest turnout in 70 years. Even the simple fact that Bush ran unopposed in 2004 and Bush Sr. ran unopposed in 1992 and etc....should have been a tip off that....yeah those years would automatically have less votes.

Anyone who is open to multiple sources should have found that out quickly even if they had no knowledge.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 03-21-2012 at 04:08 PM..

Old 03-21-2012, 04:15 PM

39,088 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Thanks, so your link at the bottom proves me correct. Anyone who bothered to not read biased sources and think for themselves would realize that the Illinois Primary had its highest Republican turnout in years.

Anyone with basic election knowledge should instantly be able to tell that it was impossible for yesterday's Illinois primary to be the lowest turnout in 70 years. Even the simple fact that Bush ran unopposed in 2004 and Bush Sr. ran unopposed in 1992 and etc....should have been a tip off that....yeah those years would automatically have less votes.

Anyone who is open to multiple sources should have found that out quickly even if they had no knowledge.
Taken together, they show that Santo's/Ging/Paul people turned out and Romney's did not. The rural voters did their best against the superior numbers of the liberal Chicago Republicans, but they are simply outnumbered by too much to matter in Illinois. Too bad.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:24 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,821,081 times
Quote:
Huh? The chicago tribune is a right leaning paper. Otherwise you have to keep one thing in mind, Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is doing the best he's done during any of his presidential runs, and his voters come from all sides of the political spectrum, though strongly from the hard left which is his base, libertarians and independents. Most of those that do support Paul are not GOP voters, and would not support any of the GOP candidates.

Plus given Illinois has an open primary, those Paul votes come up as an (R) vote, not to mention who knows how many (D)'s were voting for Santorum for the lulz
If you take Paul out of the equation, in Illinois the total GOP vote in 2012 would be 831,132. In comparison to 2008 minus Paul, it would have been 854,367

So yes, it is factual that the GOP turnouts have been poor, especially as with the uprising of the teaparty radicals which was suppose to be some huge movement that kept getting bigger by the day, has rather completely fallen on it's face.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:28 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Taken together, they show that Santo's/Ging/Paul people turned out and Romney's did not. The rural voters did their best against the superior numbers of the liberal Chicago Republicans, but they are simply outnumbered by too much to matter in Illinois. Too bad.

Uh...but Romney won...lol? This makes less sense than lying about turnout which can be easily checked with data. Wouldn't it be funny if Romney won Illinois in the general? I shall bookmark this post, just in case. And, yes I realize that is highly improbable, but I am sensing that Illinois isn't crazy about Obama anymore...gee wonder why?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Uh...but Romney won...lol? This makes less sense than lying about turnout which can be easily checked with data. Wouldn't it be funny if Romney won Illinois in the general? I shall bookmark this post, just in case. And, yes I realize that is highly improbable, but I am sensing that Illinois isn't crazy about Obama anymore...gee wonder why?
Romney won in the largest turnout that I can find and by 12 points...and Ponderosa is telling me that Romney's supporters didn't turn out. I can't believe the insane logic. Yes some to the right Santorum supporters are upset, yes some Obama supporters are worried. But at least stick to reality.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:52 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Romney won in the largest turnout that I can find and by 12 points...and Ponderosa is telling me that Romney's supporters didn't turn out. I can't believe the insane logic. Yes some to the right Santorum supporters are upset, yes some Obama supporters are worried. But at least stick to reality.
If these people dealt in reality, they wouldn't be Democrats and they certainly wouldn't be supporting Obama, who has had a disastrous first three years in office.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:00 PM

According to the CNN Exit Poll if only Romney and Santorum were on the ballot 10% of the voters would have stayed home.

But, of those that would have voted...

Romney would have won 55 to Santorum's 45%.

You can't add up Santorum, Paul, and Gingrich and say Romney would have lost. That is being a 2nd grader and not realizing that many Gingrich voters would go to Romney and some would stay home.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:18 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,245,295 times
Romney outperformed both the polling going into the primary and also the exit poll. Yep he really had a terrible night turning out his voters...come on people this is getting ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections