Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 07:00 PM

18 posts, read 24,887 times

Advertisements

Just in.. video of GOP fixing the delegate meating, so that Ron Paul would not win the delegates.

Bryan Spencer Speaks about Rigging St. Charles Caucus - YouTube

And do you still dont belive this is going on all over the country??
They are afraid of him! I wish I could vote in the US!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 PM

37,953 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarko View Post
Just in.. video of GOP fixing the delegate meating, so that Ron Paul would not win the delegates.

Bryan Spencer Speaks about Rigging St. Charles Caucus - YouTube

And do you still dont belive this is going on all over the country??
They are afraid of him! I wish I could vote in the US!!
It has come to this. Either arrogance or stupidity or both. people like this think they can get away with anything. Any wonder why these skeeves didn't want recording devices in place in order to stop others from seeing them use force and coercion.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:59 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,940,422 times
Yeah I saw this on another thread. Something else. And seriously the most alarming thing is the guy seems to think it's all good.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:41 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,814,465 times
You are talking to the wall here.

GOPers in this forum thinks election fraud in the GOP primaries is a "hoax" - like big foot, climate change, evolution, yeti, Loch Ness monster etc. In their world of reality, a Satanic Communist black Muslim from Kenya has illegally taken over their country, and they are the holy warriors ordained by Jesus Christ, fighting to regain their Churches back from Obama before he paints them over with yellow hammers and sickles. Stymieing their progress is a kooky frail old man lamenting about some things called "Constitution", "Liberty" etc. Who cares? They are following Saint Santorum of the Holy Order of Condom Police to victory, and can't be bothered by nuisances like these.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:22 AM

447 posts, read 496,574 times
This serious rigging of election would catch fires in all over our Western main news media had it happen to one of those world adversaries. Now see what happens here. It's a shame beyond scale.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:35 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,400,905 times
... and that's when the fight started.

The Missouri caucus was the sterling example of how to completely ruin a caucus. I have not heard if the Missourians have come to any agreement yet. If not, does anyone know what will happen? Will they re-convene all the caucuses, only some of them, or what?

If they do, I hope they put a Parliamentarian up to run the show. No chairman with such an ignorance of Robert's Rules of Order should have ever been elected to that position in the first place.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:41 AM

One has to wonder what you aren't seeing.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:47 AM

The most troubling thing to me was Bryan Spencer. He felt a great need to support the guy who wrecked the caucus. If he was true to his party, Spencer should have been all in for replacing him immediately, rather than trying to cook up a way for him to save face.

That kind of thinking- gotta save my buddy's butt above all else- always leads to corruption. Once corruption starts, it always spreads.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The most troubling thing to me was Bryan Spencer. He felt a great need to support the guy who wrecked the caucus. If he was true to his party, Spencer should have been all in for replacing him immediately, rather than trying to cook up a way for him to save face.

That kind of thinking- gotta save my buddy's butt above all else- always leads to corruption. Once corruption starts, it always spreads.
Yeah, the whole thing about protecting his buddy who was only looking out for "you" and how he can't do it because it will seem "improper".

Meanwhile he admits to not wanting people to see what really happens at the caucuses.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Yeah, the whole thing about protecting his buddy who was only looking out for "you" and how he can't do it because it will seem "improper".

Meanwhile he admits to not wanting people to see what really happens at the caucuses.
His mention of sausage making is true enough. Most people would be squeamish if they were to idly view the process. But it's a vital and necessary part of our system, and a caucus done well is roots democracy in it's most pure form.
All it needs is people who are willing to put their hands into the guts of our system and start mixing it up. It's not that hard to do after you accustom yourself to the matter at hand and go to it. It's always tastier when you do it well in the end, win or lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections