Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 02:24 PM

136 posts, read 85,630 times

Advertisements

Rick Santorum | Ron Paul | Why Santorum supporters should switch to Paul | The Daily Caller

Wonder if common sense will prevail and they will switch to Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 03:34 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
With Santorum there were just too many things I didn't agree with and way more things I agree with Paul on but I most certainly agreed with Santorum on this:

NYT Mischaracterizes Santorum Statement on Romney as 'Worst Republican' - YouTube

Not only about Mittens but that insipid reporter as well. I LOVE how he schools that reporter. One of my favorite Santorum moments ever.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:57 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,774 times
santorm is correct in that comment.

I cant believe i would say this but yes I agree with that point.

romney is the WORST republican to run against Obama on obamacare.

if ROMNEY even remotely mentions OBAMACARE he will be eaten alive.
as we all well know

ROMNEY IS basically OBAMA just on the republican side.

oh yes and he is correct the media is FORCING ROMNEY DOWN OUR THROATS whether we like it or not.
they are even attacking santorum now because he's getting in the way and has outlived his usefulness.

IMO he may have gotten a little nudge by the powers that be to get out of the way.
what that nudge is, is anyone's guess.
could be blackmail/could be bribery/could be threats

who knows. but him pulling out now doesn't make too much sense. his daughter was already sick when he ran so doesn't make sense to do it now.
but good for him that he is pulling out for his daughter as she needs him there at least.

but still does not make sense.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:15 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,195,756 times
Any GOP hack like the writers at the Daily Caller who thinks their party can capitalize on the Paul base are fooling themselves. They're beholden to the man, not the party. They already tried co-opting them once with the tea party nonsense and all they dredged up were the same bible thumping troglodytes who make up the party base.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Rick Santorum | Ron Paul | Why Santorum supporters should switch to Paul | The Daily Caller

Wonder if common sense will prevail and they will switch to Paul.
Again, you are trying to tell people what they should do. I think, adults will be able to make up thier own minds, whether you think they are right or wrong. Just because you believe in something, doesn't make you right, anymore than someone who believes differently is necessarily right and just because many Santorum supporters will or have switched to Romney or maybe Newt does not mean they do not have common sense.

Nita

Old 04-14-2012, 02:46 PM

136 posts, read 85,630 times
Actually I am not telling ANYONE what to do. I only said if common sense prevails then they will switch. Please for all us dumb folks show me where I told people what to do.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:03 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,519,462 times
even if Paul picks up some Santorum supporters, I won't take back anything I said about Frothy. Dude's crazy.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:08 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,089,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
romney is the WORST republican to run against Obama on obamacare.

if ROMNEY even remotely mentions OBAMACARE he will be eaten alive.
as we all well know
You've got to be kidding. Obamacare will be a number one issue this year. Romney is the only candidate to credibly argue against it since he has reformed his state's healthcare more successfully than any man in American history. His program is popular (unlike Obamacare), paid for (unlike Obamacare), respects and utilizes states rights and federalism (unlike Obamacare), is a posterchild for bipartisanship (unlike Obamacare), and is working (unlike Obamacare). What do the bills actually have in common? Well there's the mandate. But I think the largest objections to the mandate (at least the ones I hear) are constitutional objections, not policy ones. But the key here is that if you do have a policy-related objection, you can move to another state. That's why the Founding Fathers designed the federal system the way they did. States can do whatever crazy things they want, because people can always go to other states. The country as a whole should be protected because they didn't want citizens to feel they had to find another country as they themselves had to when they felt oppressed in England. It's a beautiful system found nowhere else in the world. And Romney wants to protect that and allow each state to do what works best for its own population, and he has been clear on that from the start.

What else do the bills have in common that make them "the same thing"? Gee, I don't know, I hope one of the many Healthcare experts here comes in and tells me. Obama's bill is almost 30 times longer so if you don't think all of that is full of burdensome regulations you're kidding yourself.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:36 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Any GOP hack like the writers at the Daily Caller who thinks their party can capitalize on the Paul base are fooling themselves. They're beholden to the man, not the party. They already tried co-opting them once with the tea party nonsense and all they dredged up were the same bible thumping troglodytes who make up the party base.
Overall I agree with this sentiment, but this is not pertinent to the topic. The article is offering arguments on why Santorum supporters switch to Paul. It's not saying anything about Paul supporters putting the party first. Not going to happen. I am Paul supporter #1 and I say the GOP can take a long walk down a short pier.

But, about the article's point, I think it may fall on deaf ears. Like I have always contented, the folks supporting Santorum and the folks supporting Romney are literally i.d.i.o.t.s, in that, their supports are easily interchangeable and is always available for the next candidate in the line. Case in point, this lady, a self-professed rabid Santorum fan in my neighborhood who was gung-ho on Santorum's moral values and pro-life position and all that. Barely before Santorum finished his speech saying that he was suspending his campaign, this lady switched her support to Romney. Now she is a "Romney fan". *facepalm*

Old 04-16-2012, 03:53 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,677 times
Why would anyone make the assumption that Santorum supporters have common sense, they're the stupidest people on the planet. Santorum supporters are the Christian Taliban, Ron Paul's "crazy" ideas of not wanting the government in people's bedrooms are repulsive to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections