Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 12:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,005,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Another liberal red herring. What's the matter - are your party's stances on the issues really that bad?

President Romney will be in office until 2020.

Get used to it.
President Obama will be in office until 2017.

Get used to it.

FYI, the President does not leave office right after the election, I would have thought that someone that claims to know so much would know that much, I admit I was wrong in that assumption
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 12:31 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,602,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Mittens claims he can quickly turn the economy around but he cannot even het his taxes done on time....
It has nothing to do with him....his accountants handle his taxes like they do for most people. It is very normal to need an extension, especially with business holdings, trusts, and so forth. We have filed extensions several times. Additionally, I would assume his accountants want to take their time and make sure everything is correct given the scrutiny he will receive - especially by the leftie loonies.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
It has nothing to do with him....his accountants handle his taxes like they do for most people. It is very normal to need an extension, especially with business holdings, trusts, and so forth. We have filed extensions several times. Additionally, I would assume his accountants want to take their time and make sure everything is correct given the scrutiny he will receive - especially by the leftie loonies.
Like most do? Excuse me but most people do their own taxes. I have no problem with people filing for extensions, but as a candidate for the highest office in the land you would think he would be smart enough to have them done on time, is this a habit for him, and what does it say about his ability to get business done in a timely manner, hmmm. Yes, his taxes will get a lot of scrutiny, delaying releasing them has that affect, especially when it comes to his off-shore accounts and his charities, good thing is it will happen before November.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:56 PM

756 posts, read 717,579 times
When is this p.ussy $Romney gunna release his returns for the last ten or so years?

What are ya tryin' to hide from the public, Swiss $Mitt?

Old 04-23-2012, 12:58 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,078,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Romney Files For Extension Of 2011 Tax Return | TPM Livewire

Spokesman: "He'll file sometime in the next six months... Before the election"

Who cares. Many Americans file for tax extensions. You do understand that with the extension payments must also be made on the estimates don't you? So, what is the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
When is this p.ussy $Romney gunna release his returns for the last ten or so years?

What are ya tryin' to hide from the public, Swiss $Mitt?
Why don't you ask your POTUS what he is hiding. Why hold Romney to a higher standard when Obama voters have lowered the bar so much?

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 04-23-2012 at 01:40 PM..

Old 04-23-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberFreeper View Post
Even people who file for an extension are requried to PAY all their taxes by April 15. All that is being delayed is preparing the supporting documentation. This is a non-issue.
Correct they are required by the IRS (not by law, just so ya know)
The only issue I take away from his filing an extension is the fact that he is not ready for something he knew was coming since it comes every year, does it reflect on his organizational abilities and his ability to get the job done in a timely manner, I woud say it does.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:15 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,926,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
This isn't college. Asking for an extension on your taxes isn't like begging your professor to have more time on your paper. Most times its out of necessity as all the information he needs to properly file his taxes may not be available. He's not dealing with W-2s, most of his income is from investments and other sources. I'm not going to pretend I know everything about it so I'm going to stop there, but I at least something before passing judgment.
I take it then that he does this every year?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:56 AM

756 posts, read 717,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why don't you ask your POTUS what he is hiding. Why hold Romney to a higher standard when Obama voters have lowered the bar so much?
What are you talking about?

BO released his returns dating back to 2000 several years ago.

Again, what is Swiss $Mitt trying to hide from the citizens of the United States of America?

We already know about his (laughably) low tax rate ... so that can't be it.

WHAT ARE YA TRYIN' TO HIDE FROM US, $WILLIE ?!?!?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
What are you talking about?

BO released his returns dating back to 2000 several years ago.

Again, what is Swiss $Mitt trying to hide from the citizens of the United States of America?

We already know about his (laughably) low tax rate ... so that can't be it.

WHAT ARE YA TRYIN' TO HIDE FROM US, $WILLIE ?!?!?
Gotta hide the money first, silly

Old 04-24-2012, 02:05 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,602,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Like most do? Excuse me but most people do their own taxes. I have no problem with people filing for extensions, but as a candidate for the highest office in the land you would think he would be smart enough to have them done on time, is this a habit for him, and what does it say about his ability to get business done in a timely manner, hmmm. Yes, his taxes will get a lot of scrutiny, delaying releasing them has that affect, especially when it comes to his off-shore accounts and his charities, good thing is it will happen before November.
I beg to differ....most people I know do not do their own taxes.

This has little to do with him and something he did not prepare for and more to do with his accountant and how many clients he is working with and any complications and so forth that might come up. It is not so simplistic when you own your own business (s), have trusts, any Capitol gains, deductions, etc.

just because Romney is successful and his taxes are complicated does not make him a bad person. The jealousy from the left is absolutely pathetic!!! Is shame not in the vocabulary of a leftie loonie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections