Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:17 PM

14,041 posts, read 15,073,711 times

Advertisements

Rhode Island could go either way its economy is much worse than Connecticut or Massachusetts and there Democratic Congressman with a 15% approval rating could hurt Obama in November.
MA, CT, ME (it could split), NY, IL, MN, WA, HI and CA will certianally go Democraticc
MS ,AL ,AK ,TX ,AR, KS, NE (could split), OK, GA will go Republican
anyother state seems like a guess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 08:34 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,507,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Rhode Island could go either way its economy is much worse than Connecticut or Massachusetts and there Democratic Congressman with a 15% approval rating could hurt Obama in November.
MA, CT, ME (it could split), NY, IL, MN, WA, HI and CA will certianally go Democraticc
MS ,AL ,AK ,TX ,AR, KS, NE (could split), OK, GA will go Republican
anyother state seems like a guess
RHODE ISLAND????? WHAT?????????

Also as far as the unpopular Dem Congressman, you are mistaken and confused on that one. Chafee isn't that popular, which is who I think you are talking about. Chafee is the former Republican Senator who is now an Independent and the Governor.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:34 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,405,292 times
One state that the Obama campaign is kicking the tires on is Arizona:

Quote:
President Obama's re-election campaign is dispatching workers across Arizona’s college campuses and Latino neighborhoods this spring, registering as many new voters as they can in an organized, three-month effort to determine whether they can put this unlikely state into play for Democrats this November.
Keep in mind that Obama "only" lost Arizona by 9 points in 2008 to McCain, who is from Arizona. Changing demographics and anger at Governor Brewer and the legislature might also help. Again, I think it's a very long shot for the Obama campaign, but if Arizona is a swing state in the fall, then Romney is in serious trouble.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
RHODE ISLAND????? WHAT?????????

Also as far as the unpopular Dem Congressman, you are mistaken and confused on that one. Chafee isn't that popular, which is who I think you are talking about. Chafee is the former Republican Senator who is now an Independent and the Governor.
No I'm not, Dem. 1st District, Former Mayor of Providence, Rep. Cicilline.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
No I'm not, Dem. 1st District, Former Mayor of Providence, Rep. Cicilline.
Just researched it a bit, it wasn't an approve/disapprove poll it was excellent/good/fair/poor, with the largest amount rated Cicilline as fair. Regardless if anything he is more trouble in a Primary than the General. Obama sure as hell isn't losing a state he won by 28.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:49 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,962,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
One state that the Obama campaign is kicking the tires on is Arizona:

Keep in mind that Obama "only" lost Arizona by 9 points in 2008 to McCain, who is from Arizona. Changing demographics and anger at Governor Brewer and the legislature might also help. Again, I think it's a very long shot for the Obama campaign, but if Arizona is a swing state in the fall, then Romney is in serious trouble.
I think that AZ will be fascinating to watch, considering everything that has gone down there over the past 4 years. If BO managed to pull off a win there, it would be a major accomplishment.

Some of the predictions here are laughable - states that Obama won by 10-15+ percent are suddenly going to go for Romney? People, please. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:24 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,199,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
There are five states that are going to be critical in this election Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Virginia. President Obama can probably stand to lose one or two of those states. For Mitt Romney to win the presidency he's got to win at least three of those states.
Romney has to win 4/5 of those states, assuming NV stays in the team blue column.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Just researched it a bit, it wasn't an approve/disapprove poll it was excellent/good/fair/poor, with the largest amount rated Cicilline as fair. Regardless if anything he is more trouble in a Primary than the General. Obama sure as hell isn't losing a state he won by 28.
Because there are no Presidental polls out for RI, I would base it off the congressional polls which shows the Democrat losing by 16 points and Cicilline at 34%, I would assume Obama is doing better there but is Probably losing that Distict ( Which is the more populous and Democratic one) which spells bad news For Obama in that state
In New England Romney could get 9 delegates, 4 from. RI, 4 from NH and 1 from a split in Maine, Ideally for the Republicans, but realistically he could get between 1-5 delegates.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Because there are no Presidental polls out for RI, I would base it off the congressional polls which shows the Democrat losing by 16 points and Cicilline at 34%, I would assume Obama is doing better there but is Probably losing that Distict ( Which is the more populous and Democratic one) which spells bad news For Obama in that state
In New England Romney could get 9 delegates, 4 from. RI, 4 from NH and 1 from a split in Maine, Ideally for the Republicans, but realistically he could get between 1-5 delegates.
I think you mean EV's, not delegates. This truly is an astonishing post. Its absolutely nuts. Romney doesn't have a chance in hell of getting any EV's out of Maine. He has ZERO chance ZILCH NADA NONE at all of winning Rhode Island. Its one of the most Democratic states in the entire country. This would be as absurd as suggesting Obama would win Kansas (which by the way was much closer than Rhode Island was in 08)

Old 04-18-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I think you mean EV's, not delegates. This truly is an astonishing post. Its absolutely nuts. Romney doesn't have a chance in hell of getting any EV's out of Maine. He has ZERO chance ZILCH NADA NONE at all of winning Rhode Island. Its one of the most Democratic states in the entire country. This would be as absurd as suggesting Obama would win Kansas (which by the way was much closer than Rhode Island was in 08)
Northern Maine (ME-1) is more Republican, but he has a slim chance of Winning Maine he could get a EV from the Split, RI has a sputtering economy (~10% Unemployment) and a populous fed up with the Democratic Party, they even elected an Independant for Governor over a semi-popular Democrat in 2010.
Now MAssachusetts has nearly 0 chance of going (R) this year because it economy came back strong, and the Democrats sweeping victories in 2010 don't bode well for Republicans this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections