Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,692,694 times

Advertisements

Without reading all the replies, and without hearing Romney say what he is claimed to have said, it's clear the OP doesn't understand that I, as a taxpayer, certainly want the lazy slugs to work for what I'm paying them.

Again, it's not rocket science. Anybody who draws a paycheck, whether it's from the private sector or the taxpayer, should get off their obese, lazy slug of a butt and do something besides eat cocoapuffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,480,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I'll take that as a No. You will not send me a check so I can choose to stay home.
Your loss.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,511,585 times
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s320x320/72941_429866703706649_224319224261399_1659837_1416 188019_n.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-16-2012, 09:48 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,666,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Without reading all the replies, and without hearing Romney say what he is claimed to have said, it's clear the OP doesn't understand that I, as a taxpayer, certainly want the lazy slugs to work for what I'm paying them.

Again, it's not rocket science. Anybody who draws a paycheck, whether it's from the private sector or the taxpayer, should get off their obese, lazy slug of a butt and do something besides eat cocoapuffs.
Wow.

You admit that you are ignorant on the issue. Thanks for your honesty.

Please read ALL of Romney's quotes on the issue and then get back to us.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
We have a particular friend that chooses not to work. She has chosen not to work for years and years. She sabotages job searches to keep getting $$$. She is now furious that our governor made a 4 year rule and she either has to live on less or get a job. Yes, she has 5 kids and her husband does work and yes she still gets other government subsidies to a smaller number. However, since when did it become a government financed and guaranteed choice to just stay at home and crank out kids that you can't afford? She is a nice person, but does it not ultimately hurt us all if we allow her to make those choices?

Of course she votes Democratic.
What is it with all you conservatives and theirs friends of your on welfare? I'm a "lib" (per this forum) and I do not have any friends on welfare, nor can I think of any who ever were on welfare. But you cons have all sorts of friends on public assistance.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

I don't think you read the OP. She says she's in favor of some sort of "work for welfare" plan.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,380,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ummmm....then how is it, obama can blame everybody but himself?
The only time he's blaming some one else is when its justified.
if you like for clarification you can post some examples of him blaming others.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:02 AM

26,569 posts, read 15,136,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What is it with all you conservatives and theirs friends of your on welfare? I'm a "lib" (per this forum) and I do not have any friends on welfare, nor can I think of any who ever were on welfare. But you cons have all sorts of friends on public assistance.
Not sure if you live in a well to do area or don't have many friends.

I know over half a dozen people who cheat the system. Guess what, they vote Democrat.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:07 AM

26,569 posts, read 15,136,083 times
In Michigan the governor said that 4 years on welfare for able bodied people was the limit. If you are disabled or take care of a disabled family member you can stay on forever.

This is the difference between the 2 parties on this issue as far as I can see. The Republicans said it seems like common sense that if you are able bodied that 4 years is enough to be staying home on the public dime. While many Democrats I know like my sister in law claimed it was a violation of the constitution, a coworker who teaches our youth claimed Governor Snyder was acting like Hitler (barf), and all of the drama with Democrats saying the crime rate will now spike.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 AM

294 posts, read 192,018 times
Quote:
In Michigan the governor said that 4 years on welfare for able bodied people was the limit. If you are disabled or take care of a disabled family member you can stay on forever.

This is the difference between the 2 parties on this issue as far as I can see. The Republicans said it seems like common sense that if you are able bodied that 4 years is enough to be staying home on the public dime. While many Democrats I know like my sister in law claimed it was a violation of the constitution, a coworker who teaches our youth claimed Governor Snyder was acting like Hitler (barf), and all of the drama with Democrats saying the crime rate will now spike.

A good question is why don't the families help out? Why not band together? Does everyone need their own place? really?

@ "I Don't always tell women they need to work, but when I do they are moms below the povery line"

I can't think of a group of people who SHOULD be working moreso than poor moms. Why in the world wouldn't you want to work and take better care of your children?

That is the bigest problem I have with entitlement programs. It creates this exact mindset. I DESERVE TO HAVE EVERYONE PAY MY WAY!!! I can have 10 children if I want to and I am ENTITLED to have YOU pay for them!!! HOW DARE YOU ASK ME TO CARRY MY OWN WEIGHT!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections