Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 03:25 PM

1,332 posts, read 996,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I see none of the righies here have been able to tells us what Mitts grand plans for the Nation are, you cannot blame them, it is hard to hold your nose and barf in a bag while trying to explain the wonders Mitt would bring America.
Yet you praise the complete ineptitude of barrack obama....the complete lack of accomplishments...the inability to turn the economy around...the inability to manage government spending....the inability to come up with a plan of ANY kind relating to a balanced budget at some time in the future or paying down the debt.

If you want to see what Mitt Romney is proposing then go to his website and look for yourself.....but the fact is that you aren't interested in what anyone from the Republican party has to say, so you won't bother. Instead, you'll sit here and try to make the election about something OTHER than the proven failure of barrack obama. We've had 3 + years of his lack of leadership and never ending attempts to divide the country along lines of race, economics, wealth, and any other means he can. he has proven to be the most devisive president in modern history, and you supporting him makes you look ignorant. So congrats on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 03:29 PM

46,373 posts, read 27,192,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Yet you praise the complete ineptitude of barrack obama....the complete lack of accomplishments...the inability to turn the economy around...the inability to manage government spending....the inability to come up with a plan of ANY kind relating to a balanced budget at some time in the future or paying down the debt.

If you want to see what Mitt Romney is proposing then go to his website and look for yourself.....but the fact is that you aren't interested in what anyone from the Republican party has to say, so you won't bother. Instead, you'll sit here and try to make the election about something OTHER than the proven failure of barrack obama. We've had 3 + years of his lack of leadership and never ending attempts to divide the country along lines of race, economics, wealth, and any other means he can. he has proven to be the most devisive president in modern history, and you supporting him makes you look ignorant. So congrats on that.
Ouch....

Old 04-18-2012, 03:42 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,347,290 times
He supports drilling and stopping stupid regulations that make drilling unprofitable, like the fracking regulation Obama pushed through today. Oil jobs are high paying jobs that bring tax revenue. More oil, gas and coal lead to lower gas and electricity prices. Just this one item will lead to more consumer spending.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:02 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,199,875 times
Tax cuts for the wealthy, budget cuts for everyone else. SSDD

Old 04-18-2012, 05:24 PM

16,766 posts, read 8,239,624 times
His plan is to follow the failed conservative economic theory that had its worst days in 2008 only 9 years after the end of Glass-stegall. To get rid of SS and medicare so your parents will be forced to come and take from there children instead of being able to live independently and to much other stuff to comment on.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:30 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,090,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I see none of the righies here have been able to tells us what Mitts grand plans for the Nation are, you cannot blame them, it is hard to hold your nose and barf in a bag while trying to explain the wonders Mitt would bring America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm
Romney's supporters have no idea what he will do. Their only saving grace is they know which section of the population he seeks to benefit, and it's not most Americans.
I know you guys can read, so I'm left to assume you just neglected to in this thread.

Admittedly the section of his website where he lists his views is largely rhetorical, but that's the point. Most people going to a candidate's site want a basic idea of what kind of candidate they are, not the specifics of their policy proposals. But of course, there are people who are interested in the details (which is good), so his website also includes this 156-page plan for America, complete with policiy proposals, data, and sources.
http://www.mittromney.com/sites/defa...rowth-Full.pdf

Don't complain until you've read it. Honors system here, don't cheat!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:48 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,779,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Are you kidding? I've observed just the opposite. Obama has done nothing but tear down Mitt Romney. Did you bother to check Mitt's website before asking? His budget plan is similar to the Ryan plan, and it looks as if the two will be a unified team. So he wants to make Medicare and Social Security solvent through major necessary reforms. He wants to balance the budget sooner rather than later as he recognizes our debt as our number one threat to national security. He even supports adding a balanced budget amendment to the constitution. He hopes to maintain the same conservative perspective on the Supreme Court. He wants to block grant medicare funds to states so they can reform Health Care in ways that works best for each individual state, the way he had the freedom to do so in MA. Going along with that, he will grant every state an Obamacare waiver on day one then work to repeal it legislatively. Finally, he hopes to reduce not only the size but the scope of government. As a businessman himself, he understands how regulations actually affect the people trying to create jobs. So by reducing marginal tax rates, simplifying the tax code, shrinking government, and eliminating regulations, Romney will make it easier for the private sector to create jobs.
I went to his website, and I read it. He wants to take military action against Iran. He wants to raise the cap on visas for "highly skilled" (aka cheap) foreign workers. He wants to build "star wars" over Poland and the Czech Republic. His spending cuts are meager. He doesn't want to make defense cuts. You cannot balance the budget without cutting defense. Why didn't you mention all that?

I don't want the pack of corrupt morons in my state to mess with my healthcare.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I went to his website, and I read it. He wants to take military action against Iran. He wants to raise the cap on visas for "highly skilled" (aka cheap) foreign workers. He wants to build "star wars" over Poland and the Czech Republic. His spending cuts are meager. He doesn't want to make defense cuts. You cannot balance the budget without cutting defense. Why didn't you mention all that?

I don't want the pack of corrupt morons in my state to mess with my healthcare.
Do you have a problem with immigrants? It sounds like the left loves illegal immigrants, but God forbid we should allow more to come in legally!

You can't balance the budget without military cuts? Oh, but you can, my friend, you can. Have at it. Budget Puzzle: You Fix the Budget - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

If Iran becomes a direct threat to the US, and it is increasingly becoming so, I want a president who's going to take action. Heck, I even have that president in Obama already. We genuinely disagree on defense spending, and that's fine. I didn't mention it because it's frankly not a whole lot different than the foreign policy doctrine we've been following for the last 30 years. A doctrine I am fine with. I mentioned allt he other things because that's where we really need reform and where Romney is really going to shake things up.

I'm sorry about your state - move to another one. That's why the founding fathers created our federalist system. So each state could do what they think works best and if you don't like it you can move to another one, but at the same time you won't have to leave the country as a whole the way they were forced out of their homeland. Personally, I don't want to the corrupt federal pack of morons handling my health care.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:51 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,779,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I know you guys can read, so I'm left to assume you just neglected to in this thread.

Admittedly the section of his website where he lists his views is largely rhetorical, but that's the point. Most people going to a candidate's site want a basic idea of what kind of candidate they are, not the specifics of their policy proposals. But of course, there are people who are interested in the details (which is good), so his website also includes this 156-page plan for America, complete with policiy proposals, data, and sources.
http://www.mittromney.com/sites/defa...rowth-Full.pdf

Don't complain until you've read it. Honors system here, don't cheat!
OMG. I just read the full PDF version. The first 33 pages is nothing but rhetoric.

In page 41, Romney mentions "President Bush" twice. Romney wants to continue Bush's policies. Oh, yeah boy, more of Bush, that's really enticing Please. Lord have mercy.

Then he goes on to praise the Bowles-Simpson commission proposal which the GOP just refused to pass. I guess it's OK to pass it after the elections when they hope to be in charge and take credit for it. Mitt and the rest of the GOPers in Congress must really believe that the entire electorate is stupid.

Then, he wants to sign more "Free Trade Agreements" with the likes of Columbia, Panama and Korea. Doesn't Columbia send us enough of their #1 product already (cocaine)? How is NAFTA working for everybody?

The document is not even a turd; it is a mind boggling pool of rehashed Bush "policies" mixed with a whole lot of diarrhea.

Last edited by EDnurse; 04-18-2012 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-19-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
OMG. I just read the full PDF version. The first 33 pages is nothing but rhetoric.

In page 41, Romney mentions "President Bush" twice. Romney wants to continue Bush's policies. Oh, yeah boy, more of Bush, that's really enticing Please. Lord have mercy.

Then he goes on to praise the Bowles-Simpson commission proposal which the GOP just refused to pass. I guess it's OK to pass it after the elections when they hope to be in charge and take credit for it. Mitt and the rest of the GOPers in Congress must really believe that the entire electorate is stupid.

Then, he wants to sign more "Free Trade Agreements" with the likes of Columbia, Panama and Korea. Doesn't Columbia send us enough of their #1 product already (cocaine)? How is NAFTA working for everybody?

The document is not even a turd; it is a mind boggling pool of rehashed Bush "policies" mixed with a whole lot of diarrhea.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion. The point of this thread though is that Romney doesn't have a plan - which is completely untrue. He does have a plan, he has many plans. You don't like them. Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I'd be glad to debate each of those issues singularly with you, but this thread is not a good place to debate every single one of them.
The only point I'm trying to make here is that Mitt Romney does offer something for this country. I've spent many other threads arguing about why what he offers is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections