Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,979,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Seeing as the caption under the photo says, "I just love how life sucks for the rest of you," I think we can safely assume that somebody's just putting words in Ann Romney's mouth. It's truly amazing how low some people are willing to stoop. Sometimes exaggerating works, but when it's overdone, it tends to backfire.
Nope, you cannot safely assume it. Because, "I love the fact that there are women out there who don't have a choice and they must go to work," is EXACTLY what Romney said.

Ann Romney's Speech : The New Yorker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 07:29 AM

14,517 posts, read 11,336,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
She really did say it. But the real question is did she mean what she said or did she mean something entirely different? If it's the latter she may turn out to be as big of a gaffe machine for the Republicans as Joe Biden is for the Democrats.

Ann Romney: 'I Love The Fact That There Are Women Out There Who Don
Of course she didn't mean it.

And no one will ever keep up with the gaffe machine that is Joke Biden.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:36 AM

23,405 posts, read 37,116,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Well, I'M a working mother and I've been working my whole life. As a result, I have no idea what it's like to be a SAHM like Ann Romney. I can't imagine living my entire adult life in a man's shadow and having people make all kinds of assumptions about me and my life. I know a lot of people who think SAHMs just sit around watching soap operas and chatting on the phone. But I don't know what it's like. I know my sister, who stays at home, is one of the busiest people I know.

Have you ever looked at the credentials of Ann Romney's five sons? It's pretty impressive. She did a good job by any measure. And don't tell me "Oh, it's easy because she was rich." Look into the fate of the Kennedy kids, or the Roosevelt kids or hundreds of other rich families. You will find many with alcohol and drug problems, many that just couldn't cope with the success of their parents. These boys all have degrees (most of them have advanced degrees), they are all married with kids and none of them seem to have any major problems (yet).

Go ahead and criticize her though. It will always look to me like class envy, which isn't classy.
My dear, you couldnt be more clueless.
I was responding to a MAN in my post, in case you hadnt noticed.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 AM

23,405 posts, read 37,116,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
This almost brought me to tears.

But, I would still rather be a working mother. I know this probably makes me a bad person to a lot of people. I just couldn't stay at home and not work. I could never feel like I am at the mercy of someone else that is bringing in all the money in the household. Also, I don't cook, sew, garden or anything domestic. What the heck would I do all day? I would be a horrible SAHM and I know it. But I respect the heck out of SAHMs.
I do all of that, along with working.
What was that you said about me having class envy?
I simply do not have the time.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I believe Ann Romney has no idea what it is like for those mothers who have no choice and must work outside the home as well as manage the household. That was the point Rosen was making and she is right. Ann Romney doesn't have a clue!
She never said she did. And that was what was wrong about what Rosen said.

If I am incorrect could you please provide links. If not, please stop lying.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
No clue unless you have experienced it first hand. Pretending to understand only makes Ann Romney look ridiculous!
President Obama never spent a minute of his life actually administering anything of consequence yet I'm sure that you were someone who believed that he could administer the most powerful and consequential political entity the world has ever known.

I don't expect you to see the insane irony of this.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:20 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,905,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Well, it shouldn't surprise anyone that Ann is like Mitt. Both have lived a life of luxury and they try to occasionally give the appearance of understanding the lives of working Americans, but they just can't pull it off.
Ann Romney's comments reminded me of a song titled "Common People" by Pulp that William Shatner remade a few years back. It's about a girl who grew up in great wealth who wants to experience what life is like for a "common person." It should be the Romney campaign theme song:

William Shatner - Common People - YouTube

Some of the lyrics:

Common People

I took her to a supermarket,
I don't know why but I had to start it somewhere,
so it started there.
I said pretend you've got no money,
she just laughed and said, "Oh you're so funny."
I said, "Yeah? Well I can't see anyone else smiling in here."

It pretty much sums up the Romneys as they attempt to convince the country that they understand the every day struggles of the average American. They don't, and they should just admit they don't.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 04-25-2012 at 09:41 AM..

Old 04-25-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
And love Ann Romney because she loved you first because you have no choice!
Do you see any threads started by Republicans extolling Ann Romney's virtues or talents on this board?

The problem is your's

Old 08-30-2012, 11:14 AM

52 posts, read 60,477 times
I don't want to vote for ither of them. I work a full time night job 3 to 4 - 12 hour nights a week as a cna. I get no child support. I get no food stamps. I get no health insurance for my child or I and we simply live on beans most of the week and I am always owing my babsitter. I make too much money to qualify for even a little help. I am the only one she has and babysitters are very expensive as well as food and bills. I never have enough time or money for her to join a soccer team or an after school program for the fact I can never afford it. I am a rich woman who makes 28k a year and do not qualify for any aid. I am sick of hearing about the health care reform it is going to screw the elderly out of more of their ss and leave us broke by the time it is our turn to retire it doesn't matter when the health care act starts its going to be another way for the government to screw one generation or the other. They all lie and live off the money they make for the lies they tell. I don't know who to believe or not to believe I am trying so hard to make sense of the lesser of the evil in the next election and I am stumped and pissed at myself because I don't want to vote. I know I will but really I have a difficult time believing my vote even matters. They can't take what I don't have that is any money or aid because I can't afford to go back to school and I make too much to qualify for any aide 28k whoa nelly!! Am I a middle class working mom??? Hell to the no I am poverty but hey at least I am in the middle there eh? I don't even care anymore about the health care I see residents inurance run out on them before they completely get the help they need to go back to a semi normal life and it doesn't matter that they are not ready !!! no insurance = no help bye bye.... even ss is running out for a lot of them what does that tell me.. I can tell you I will be a homeless elderly woman. Living in a cardboard box in a bush somewhere. I am so not caring about who to vote for ...UUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Last edited by JulieT726; 08-30-2012 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: spelling..grammar I just worked my 12 hr shift and am tired
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections