Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which was your favorite moment of the GOP primary spectacle?
Willard with "I'm unemployed too!" "My friends own nascar teams!" 4 13.79%
Newt promising a moon base by 2020 2 6.90%
Perry unable to state what branches of government we would cut 11 37.93%
Cain quoting Pokemon 2 6.90%
Bachmann that you can pray away being gay 4 13.79%
The right wing media trashing Willard, now loving him that he's the nom. 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:57 PM

30,321 posts, read 23,805,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Things such as to end all the wars immediately, close down military bases around the world, stop the warmongering, slash military funding etc,..
He is correct that we should be ending these wars. Our current foreign policy does not work. He wants to stop waste by having military bases where they are not needed, example: Germany. We do not need all those military bases in Germany. He wants to slash military spending, NOT defense spending. He wants to put our troops here, which means we would build more bases HERE, which means we would have a stronger national security. Having us divided up all over the world does NOT give us a strong national security. Cutting military spending, (NOT defense spending, those are two different animals), frees up a WHOLE lot of money that would otherwise be wasted building gigantic buildings in other countries that we do NOT need and actually putting it to good use here in the USA.

Quote:
Legalize not just marijuana, but all drugs
He has said, REPEATEDLY, that he detests the use of drugs but that this is NOT a Federal issue, this is a state issue and that each state gets to decide if they want drugs to be legal in their state. Do you HONESTLY believe that citizens in your state are going to vote to have heroin legal? Really? Again, he wants the Federal government OUT of this and to leave it to the states, which means, each citizen of the state gets to vote whether or not they want to legalize a drug.

Quote:
Religion should be completely out of government, even as far as taking marriage out of the hands of government and leaving it to the church alone.
Uh...it should. The federal government should NOT be involved in the decision of a state about marriages. It is NOT a federal issue, it is a STATE issue. Again, this leaves it up to the people of that state to vote on these issues, NOT make it a federal law.

Quote:
Paul's staple bill to audit to fed was co-sponsored by the most outspoken democrat at the time, Alan Grayson.
Please explain the good that the Fed has done for the American people. Do you enjoy having your money stolen from you every April?

Quote:
Strongly against the right wing corporatist machine that is destroying america. Big business and corporate interest has no business in government.
And this is wrong because.....?????

Quote:
To end all the handouts to the rich, big oil, and other large corporations.
And this is wrong because....???? You want us to CONTINUE to give handouts to the rich and big oil and other large corporations? Because if you do, then by all means, vote for Romney or Obama. If you want this to actually stop, vote for Paul.

Quote:
And the list goes on,...
Continue

Wanting LESS government and CONSERVATIVE spending is NOT a left thing. It's a true Republican thing. TRUE Republicans do not want more government in their lives, they do not want the government to have a Fed that spits out money created from NOTHING, (making it worthless...which we are seeing happen today), to over spend. We are in serious debt because of government overspending. That is NOT a true Republican thing to do. Neo-Cons LOVE more government and more spending....so if that's what you want, more government control in your life and more out of control spending, more dollars printed off that have NOTHING to back them making them worthless, you just go right on ahead and vote who you are told to vote for. If you are a TRUE conservative/Republican, that is the LAST thing you should want.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 04-24-2012 at 10:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,003,719 times
Oh yeah, the process was so bad, so damaging...that Mitt comes out of it basically TIED with obama head to head.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,468,876 times
The biggest flip-flopper is that who is in office, The person who has failed this Country, and this economy, do not lie and say this is a booming ecnomy. Or that of what Obama promised, because that it is not.
No way as a Country we are better off,
worse housing criris and going down down down
high unemployment still,
people have los their homes, due to a lost job,
businessess closing shop or stores, People cannot save, save what!
sorry that is not what Obama promised to us in his many speeches of Hope n' Change..
The job is much to big for someone with such a big ego.
The only damaging thing to this Country, is that person who is in charge!

And the biggest clown of them all is Obama? His whaco administration, and those SECRET SERVICE AGENTS, who have more pressing things to take care of then the president, hilarious. Stupid and ignorant!

Old 04-24-2012, 11:42 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,920,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
By Far the conspiracies and tactics the Ron Paul fans have used..
Pretty much praising him like he's Jesus. Pretty hilarious..by far my favorite, sadly its not listed.
What "conspiracies" and "tactics" do you speak of?

Old 04-25-2012, 01:16 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,186,706 times
The best moment is yet to come. When Obama is out of the White House and we can get this country back on the right track.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:13 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,664,943 times
So many hilarious moments.. memories I will cherish for a lifetime. I think at the end of the day, I'll have to go with Perry being unable to count to three though. It was not only a gut-busting, p***-your-pants laughing moment, it also revealed the inanity of the modern GOP ... they don't even understand their own rhetoric for the most part ... all sizzle and no bacon... cut the government! yeah! which part? uh, uh, uh... there I go again (smirk). It wasn't even cute when Reagan did it. Thirty years later, it's downright grating. To the curb you go Perry. To the curb you go Gingrich. To the curb you go Santorum. To the curb you go Romney. Obama '12. Next time GOP, find at least ONE serious candidate to run.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:37 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,973,384 times
As long as Obama is in the White House and Harry Reid is in charge of the Senate, the clown show hasn't stopped.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,388,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
So many hilarious moments.. memories I will cherish for a lifetime. I think at the end of the day, I'll have to go with Perry being unable to count to three though. It was not only a gut-busting, p***-your-pants laughing moment, it also revealed the inanity of the modern GOP ... they don't even understand their own rhetoric for the most part ... all sizzle and no bacon... cut the government! yeah! which part? uh, uh, uh... there I go again (smirk). It wasn't even cute when Reagan did it. Thirty years later, it's downright grating. To the curb you go Perry. To the curb you go Gingrich. To the curb you go Santorum. To the curb you go Romney. Obama '12. Next time GOP, find at least ONE serious candidate to run.
Wow you must have been like a blob of jello on the floor in 08 when you heard '57 states.'

Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,778,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It is a little bit sad to see the GOP clown show, known as the republican presidential primaries come to a close. It has been nothing but a train wreck with laughs to be had on almost a daily basis. You almost want to feel bad for the "real" conservatives out there, with what the far right nutcases have done to the party.
Though with so many laughs, which was your favorite?

Lol, From your thread title, I thought you were talking about the impending Obama defeat.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,664,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I have to say that my favorite momemt was post #7 by Brentwoodgirl in the thread about the autopsy of Breitbart. You know the one, OP.

A close second is waking up today to find 9 of the top 10 threads in city data 'elections' are attacks on Mitt and/or Ann Romney. Some panic starting to build in LibLand????
Don't mistake uncontrollable laughter for a panic attack. Come 2013, you will be in on the joke too. You'll watch old footage of $hit Romney and say to yourself, WTF was I thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections