U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:09 PM
 
13,713 posts, read 8,222,728 times
Reputation: 9816

Advertisements

In case you missed it on the Laura Ingraham show:


Quote:
Laura Ingraham: You've also noted that there are signs of improvement on the horizon in the economy.

Mitt Romney: Well, of course it's getting better. The economy always gets better after a recession. There's always recovery.

Laura: Isn't it a hard argument to make if you're saying "Ok, Obama inherited this recession, and he took a bunch of steps to try to turn the economy around, and now we're seeing some more jobs, but vote against him anyway." Isn't that a hard argument to make?

Mitt: Have you got a better one, Laura? [chuckles] It just happens to be the truth!
.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:15 PM
 
69,364 posts, read 60,407,751 times
Reputation: 9375
well it is.. But not because of government, its because as Romney said, it always gets better after a recession..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:17 PM
 
10,876 posts, read 13,012,969 times
Reputation: 4896
Willard making a damn goon point that W trashed the economy, and Obama has been fixing it. Maybe he's not that nuts after all
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
20,484 posts, read 21,071,556 times
Reputation: 12034
Recessions last on average about six months.

It's been nearly four years, and we're still sitting on an unemployment rate that's higher than he said it would never get to.

I would say that the economy is recovering in spite of Obama, not because of him.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:20 PM
 
69,364 posts, read 60,407,751 times
Reputation: 9375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Willard making a damn goon point that W trashed the economy, and Obama has been fixing it. Maybe he's not that nuts after all
No surprise you have to just make things up, because that not even close to what was said.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Inwood
552 posts, read 689,265 times
Reputation: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Recessions last on average about six months.

It's been nearly four years, and we're still sitting on an unemployment rate that's higher than he said it would never get to.

I would say that the economy is recovering in spite of Obama, not because of him.
Yea but this recession is different the dow dropped nearly 5000 points, so give credit where credit is due. Obama saved us from a second depression!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 PM
 
69,364 posts, read 60,407,751 times
Reputation: 9375
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Recessions last on average about six months.

It's been nearly four years, and we're still sitting on an unemployment rate that's higher than he said it would never get to.

I would say that the economy is recovering in spite of Obama, not because of him.
Absolutely true. Obamas policies, just like FDR's, are stalling an economic recovery that takes place naturally during every recession
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:25 PM
 
69,364 posts, read 60,407,751 times
Reputation: 9375
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
Yea but this recession is different the dow dropped nearly 5000 points, so give credit where credit is due. Obama saved us from a second depression!
Obama did no such thing, and the DOW isnt the economy. In fact its counter the economy when profits are up because of a lack of the need to hire employees.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:26 PM
 
33,414 posts, read 31,318,482 times
Reputation: 19955
romney is being honest, but he isnt telling the whole story. the fact is that we should be back to 5% unemployment NOW, rather than the 8.3%(minimum) that we have now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
20,484 posts, read 21,071,556 times
Reputation: 12034
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
Yea but this recession is different the dow dropped nearly 5000 points, so give credit where credit is due. Obama saved us from a second depression!
I disagree. I believe that he prolonged and perhaps worsened a recession.

Neither of us will ever be proven right. There are too many variables for analysts and economists to model the outcome of "what would have happened if..." You have your opinion and I have mine, and I doubt that either of those opinions will ever change.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top