Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 12:14 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,442,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Have no idea. Anything I say would be speculation.

They are a business so I am sure there is benefit related to that. Certainly, from my viewpoint I think Paul promotes a much more peaceful and prosperous world.
Well all of us speculate about things on here everyday,thats the point of a 'discussion forum'.Our speculation leads us to opinions and there is nothing wrong with opinions when stated as such.

Whether Paul promotes a more peaceful world isn't relevant to the question unless you feel that the Russian gov't owned RT Network features Ron Paul because they are a benevolent force on the world stage and they are featuring him in furtherence of their desire for world peace.

I believe that Ron Paul promotes peace too but that isn't relevant to my question about why you 'speculate' that RT TV likes to interview him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I like rt news. They report U.S. news that the U.S. won't, for whatever reason they choose not to. People in other countries know about Ron Paul, because in those countries, he makes interesting news. So, where do I learn and get my news about Ron Paul---?
Well I think people should watch media from many varied sources...including rt news.What you are watching is RT NEWS America which for the most part isn't viewed or targeted to other countries,[they also have several subsideraries that target other countries/demographics], so i'm unsure about whether anyone in russia is learning anything about Ron Paul through RT News..Its kind of like someone listening to Voice of America in Russia and thinking that people in America are listening to it too.

While I could be 100% wrong i'm still unconvinced that very many people overseas know who Ron Paul is.I believe that there are some people around the world who know and care but I think the number is extremely small.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:34 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,946,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Well all of us speculate about things on here everyday,thats the point of a 'discussion forum'.Our speculation leads us to opinions and there is nothing wrong with opinions when stated as such.

Whether Paul promotes a more peaceful world isn't relevant to the question unless you feel that the Russian gov't owned RT Network features Ron Paul because they are a benevolent force on the world stage and they are featuring him in furtherence of their desire for world peace.

I believe that Ron Paul promotes peace too but that isn't relevant to my question about why you 'speculate' that RT TV likes to interview him.
From a govt maybe a bit doubtful, but I think you are being a bit too direct with that. I mean in Canada the govt owns "everything" also.
SO to a govt I still think they could want a more balanced, less "warring" world.
I wouldn't call a govt benevolent. But it seems they could still have an interest in an environment that is healthier and more prosperous.

I don't have much to base an assessment on that is why I don't like to speculate. However, there are things I like about Putin.

As to RT, I do think there is a positive msg in many of their programs. Certainly not all. So I focus on the msg. They do cover things our media often will not.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Well I think people should watch media from many varied sources...including rt news.What you are watching is RT NEWS America which for the most part isn't viewed or targeted to other countries,[they also have several subsideraries that target other countries/demographics], so i'm unsure about whether anyone in russia is learning anything about Ron Paul through RT News..Its kind of like someone listening to Voice of America in Russia and thinking that people in America are listening to it too.

While I could be 100% wrong i'm still unconvinced that very many people overseas know who Ron Paul is.I believe that there are some people around the world who know and care but I think the number is extremely small.
I suppose this is relative, but I don't think it is small compared to somebody like Romney.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I suppose this is relative, but I don't think it is small compared to somebody like Romney.
Well using Romney as the standard isn't setting the bar very high

Old 05-11-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Well using Romney as the standard isn't setting the bar very high
Well I am saying that there are 6-7billion people on the planet. So such guesses can vary wildly, but I do hear media from all over discussing RP in an interested and usually positive light.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:54 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,618,251 times
Quote:

I think election coverage, more people overseas are most interested. Americans have always had the best drama.

Ron Paul to Obama and Romney:

The reason I linked you to Hearst and yellow journalism (previous post) was to show where throughout our history media, U.S. media has had influence over our lives and the decisions we make; dates back long time. So, why is Ron Paul not supported by the U.S. media...well, there you go.

(i have various news outlets book marked from around the world, why? because I can)

Is Russia learning about Ron Paul? Some one is.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,731,874 times
Quote:
Hmmm,interesting link.Several times in the article they talk about how Paul is no longer running for president....someone forgot to send a lot of people that memo.Oh...its from 2009....nothing more recent??

I noticed that the sources given for showing how popular Paul is overseas consisted mostly of statements by Paul or people who work for him saying he is popular overseas.It is hardly surprising that networks like 'Russia Today' would enjoy interviewing him since the Russian gov't is often at odds with U.S. foreign policy and so is Ron Paul.Of course the interviews are 'friendly'....Paul and Russia are on the same side a lot of the time.Its about like GW Bush going on Sean Hannity.Its easy to give a straight answer to a friendly audience and the Russian gov't is happy to have a TV network they own interviewing a U.S. congressman who agrees with them about what the United States 'should' be doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Unlike the other candidates in the running, Paul does not change. He knows what is right for this nation and right under the US Constitution. No changing that like all Progressives do.
Quote:
Well I won't argue about Paul not changing....I totally agree with you on that point.
Posting a three year old article about how popular Paul is around the world however is hardly evidence that he is still popular around the world....if he ever actually was to begin with.The world changes constantly,Greece is on its third or fourth gov't this year,a good percentage of those who three years ago thought Barak Obama was the messiah don't feel that way now,some music groups who could fill a stadium three years ago couldn't fill a dive bar now......when posting an article to illustrate current popularity it helps ones case to post a current article.

Ron Paul 'may' be the most popular american politician of all time and the whole world 'may' be rooting for him...I just have seen no real evidence to support that assertion.A lot of the world still seems to love Barak Obama....I wish he would go lead them,they are welcome to him.

I don't really care whether foreigners like our leaders or not anyway,I only care if myself and enough americans do to get them elected with sufficient support to accomplish something
Quote:
Showing Paul from 3 years ago is the same as 10 years ago and the same as 20 years ago and is the same today. The Constitution has not changed.
Quote:
The world isn't the same 3/10/20 years ago so whether Paul himself or the constitution have changed are irrelevent to the topic of the thread,i've already agreed with you that Paul hasn't changed...I don't understand why you keep trying to change the subject.
Quote:
Freedom, does not change.
Quote:
Which makes a fine bumper sticker but still doesn't address anything discussed in the thread.

Paul does not change his views of freedom, like you suggested he did to the Russian TV

Old 05-11-2012, 06:10 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,482,378 times
Quote:
Hmmm,interesting link.Several times in the article they talk about how Paul is no longer running for president....someone forgot to send a lot of people that memo.Oh...its from 2009....nothing more recent??

I noticed that the sources given for showing how popular Paul is overseas consisted mostly of statements by Paul or people who work for him saying he is popular overseas.It is hardly surprising that networks like 'Russia Today' would enjoy interviewing him since the Russian gov't is often at odds with U.S. foreign policy and so is Ron Paul.Of course the interviews are 'friendly'....Paul and Russia are on the same side a lot of the time.Its about like GW Bush going on Sean Hannity.Its easy to give a straight answer to a friendly audience and the Russian gov't is happy to have a TV network they own interviewing a U.S. congressman who agrees with them about what the United States 'should' be doing.
What is more recent are tons of facebook pages that have been started up i.e. "Europeans for Ron Paul" "Australians for Ron Paul" etc plus more YouTube videos produced by foreigners than you can shake a stick at not to even MENTION the Meet-up Groups all over the world. Ron Paul Meetup Groups - Ron Paul Meetups

Old 05-11-2012, 07:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,731,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
What is more recent are tons of facebook pages that have been started up i.e. "Europeans for Ron Paul" "Australians for Ron Paul" etc plus more YouTube videos produced by foreigners than you can shake a stick at not to even MENTION the Meet-up Groups all over the world. Ron Paul Meetup Groups - Ron Paul Meetups

Freedom, is highly contagious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections