Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,093,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Anyway, you white males have been in charge long enough, and look where you've gotten us.
Well Obama hasn't helped. So maybe it's males in general, white or otherwise. Either way, you make an empirically sound argument, though I certainly hope there is no actual causal link there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55
there is nothing to talk about. Like blacks follow democrats, white males go republican. Its been like that for decades. Nobody ever talks about blacks voting democrat (well except for the past election) because its widely excepted that we will vote democrat. Its the same for white males, obama will get crushed in that demographic.
Ok, those of you who responded to my post have made valid points. I still don't like all the identity politics we play, but still. I think you're comparison to African-Americas voting Democrat was valid because you don't ever hear the media talk about Romney's problem with blacks as that is indeed given for any Republican. I think my larger point though, is that you never hear the media talk about groups Obama is doing poorly with. Even if those groups have always been the majority or whatever, it still seems like all you hear about is how Romney is doing poorly with all these different groups while ignoring the fact that Obama is losing the largest demographic in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 12:01 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,968,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
We'll see. it seems to me that any latino who is in this coungtry LEGALLY and came here to make a better life for himself and his family would AND calls the United States his HOME, would favor a tough stance on illegal immigration. Why would ANYONE who is looking to live a better way of life in a new country want that country to be overrun by the illegals coming here to milk the system DRY? is that making a better life for him and his family? No....DECIDEDLY no.
Sure, but the rhetoric of anti-undocumenteds is often wrapped up in veiled racism. Deny it, but you know it's true. Like the screaming about revoking birthright citizenship - do you know how many legal Latinos in this country OWE their citizenship to that?

Mosey on over to the illegal immigration forum here on C-D, and you'll see exactly why Latinos do not vote Republican, and won't for the next generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections