Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:11 AM

17,415 posts, read 12,046,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
He is the most powerful man in the world. Of course he travels.

If W had traveled a little more and bombed a little less, we might be in a better position.

This is a nonissue.
Travelling for his job is VERY different than vacationing and living it up. Funny, Obama's bombing quite a bit, as well as travelling. Yet, as always, he gets a pass....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 10:11 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,997,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Facts in the article when its the Washington Examiner don't fit in the same sentence. Fact is Bush and Reagan took FAR more vacation days than Obama.
Prove it. I don't recall Laura Bush taking Barbara and Jenna all over the globe.

I *do* recall the Obamas globetrotting to France, South America, and Mexico and Hawaii numerous times.

They're out of touch.

I also remember when Barry and Michelle flew to New York City for a DINNER DATE. W never pulled that crap.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:13 AM

17,415 posts, read 12,046,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, if he loses, Michelle will be glad they saw the world!

Sorry, I just don't think the President needs to eat bologne sandwiches in the cafeteria because we are in a recession. He has very important reasons to travel, and he works hard enough to deserve short vacations. Next?
He doesn't need to, but when many Americans do, it makes him look out of touch. Deserves short vacations? 17, I believe, at last count. Most Americans haven't taken one in YEARS.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:14 AM

31 posts, read 33,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finernfrogfur View Post
it should be the entire country who is fed up with obama!! What leader of any country, especially the united states of america, would publically verbally bash and deny those who he is sworn to protect??

"we the people" need to take a stand!!

make november 2012 nobama month.

one
big
a**
mistake
america!!
love it!!!!!!!!!:d

Old 04-27-2012, 10:16 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,620,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The facts and the article prove otherwise.

Obama's flagrant globetrotting in the midst of his failed presidency is an albatross around his neck. It disproves his talking point that he is more in tune with the concerns of everyday voters.

I'm happy that Michelle and the kids have had a chance to see the world. Their gravy train is coming to an end in November.
How about giving us evidence that his vacations are more excessive than any other modern president?

Bet you can't.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 AM

22,266 posts, read 19,588,942 times
Quote:
Prove it. I don't recall Laura Bush taking Barbara and Jenna all over the globe.

I *do* recall the Obamas globetrotting to France, South America, and Mexico and Hawaii numerous times.

They're out of touch.

I also remember when Barry and Michelle flew to New York City for a DINNER DATE. W never pulled that crap.
Obama was born in Hawaii, going to the state he was born in and spent most of his childhood in is hardly globetrotting.

I will link an article when I get home tonight (using my cell at work so can't link it now). Article was from last yar, but at a little beyond the 2 an a half year mark in his Presiency Obama had spent 60 days away from the White House. At the same time period Reagan was over 110 and W was around 180, basically triple the amount of days away from the White House. Clinton had the least slightly under 30, about 1/2 of Obama's 1/4 of Reagan's and 1/6 of Bush.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
How about giving us evidence that his vacations are more excessive than any other modern president?

Bet you can't.
Well, here's a list of the 16 vacations the Oblamas have taken in one term:

Quote:
President's Day 2012, Michelle and the girls go to Aspen to ski.
-- Christmas 2011, the first family goes to Hawaii for an extended vacation.
-- Summer 2011, the family visits Martha's Vineyard, Mass., for the annual beach break.
-- June 2011, the first lady, her mother and daughters travel to South Africa and Botswana.
-- President's Day 2011, the first lady and first daughters travel to Vail to ski.
-- Christmas 2010, the first family goes to Hawaii.
-- August 2010, post-BP oil spill beach trip to Panama City Beach, Fla.
-- August 2010, Obama travels to Chicago alone for a weekend 49th birthday bash (and fundraiser).
-- August 2010, the first lady and daughter Sasha travel to Spain for a mother-daughter vacation.
-- August 2010, the family spends summer vacation in Martha's Vineyard.
-- July 2010, the first family goes to Mount Desert Island, Maine.
-- May 2010, the first family takes a four-day trip to Chicago.
-- March 2010, first lady and daughters spend spring break in New York City.
-- Christmas 2009, the family goes to Hawaii for the winter break.
-- August 2009, everyone heads to Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon for a short vacation.
-- August 2009, the first family takes its first vacation from the White House at Martha's Vineyard.
Read more: First lady's Aspen trip marks 16th vacation in 3 years for Obama family | Fox News

Let's see your list showing the Bush family took 32 vacations in 8 years. Bet you can't produce one.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 AM

22,266 posts, read 19,588,942 times
Quote:
Well, here's a list of the 16 vacations the Oblamas have taken in one term:

Read more: First lady's Aspen trip marks 16th vacation in 3 years for Obama family | Fox News

Let's see your list showing the Bush family took 32 vacations in 8 years. Bet you can't produce one.
The article I have doesn't list the amount of vacations, but days spent on vacation and it listed the days for Bush, Reagan, Clinton and Obama at the same point in their Presidency. I will link it when I get home.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The article I have doesn't list the amount of vacations, but days spent on vacation and it listed the days for Bush, Reagan, Clinton and Obama at the same point in their Presidency. I will link it when I get home.
Save your time. The "days on vacation" the left wing media (DNC propaganda wing) calculated for Bush included trips to Crawford, Texas on the ranch. Those were all working vacations, and even if you consider them actual vacations, they didn't cost nearly as much as the Oblama clan's globetrotting expeditions.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,246,625 times
Quote:

They're out of touch.

Good grief, have you been under a rock? The stats for GWB's vacation days have been posted over and over, and over again! He took far more vacation than Obama. His daughters traveled to S. America, Africa, and other locales, sometimes with their mother.

Presidential vacations: How does Obama compare? - CBS News

Michelle Obama joins list of First Ladies going abroad on taxpayers' dime - New York Daily News
***Laura Bush was also a frequent flier who often brought her daughters along for the ride.

Her first foreign foray was a ten-day trip to Paris, Budapest and Prague in 2002 with daughter Jenna, who was then 20.

The White House made sure Laura Bush had at least one "official" event in each city, but she and Jenna spent the bulk of their time at each locale shopping and taking in the sights.

During her husband's second term, Laura Bush also made five goodwill trips to Africa to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS and malaria. But on an African trip in 2007, Laura Bush took Jenna and her other daughter, Barbara, on a safari.

First Lady's Middle East Trip Focuses on Breast Cancer - ABC News
***First lady Laura Bush has visited 68 countries during her husband's presidency, but in some ways, her trip to Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates, may be her most urgent and personal trip yet.

U.S. Embassy Asks Bush Twins to Leave Country - ABC News
***Amid a growing barrage of front-page headlines, U.S. embassy officials "strongly suggested" President Bush’s twin daughters, Jenna and Barbara Bush, cut short their trip to Buenos Aires because of security issues, U.S. diplomatic and security sources tell ABC News. But the girls have stayed on, celebrating their 25th birthday over the weekend and producing even more headlines about their activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections