Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote for the next President of the United States
Vote for Obama 87 49.43%
Vote for Romney 71 40.34%
Independent Vote 18 10.23%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 04:58 PM

5,319 posts, read 9,015,443 times

Advertisements

Obama will win by a LANDSLIDE !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
I have to ask, who thinks Obama is going to repeat as President of United States? Do you think Obama will win because of poor competition? I would love to see your "vote."

In my eyes, if this election were a personality contest, Obama would win in landslide. We need someone to take hold of this office besides providing funny jokes, being a crowd pleaser...acting basically like a comedian. I asked the following because I am concerned with another 4 years. Besides being a great person, what has he accomplished while in the White House? The next 4 years are poignant, his proposed cuts could send us down a road of no possible return. This country, during this period, cannot afford another 4 yrs of comic relief.

In addition to your vote, I would love to see your comments.
I love when people pretend to forget Obama's accomplishments.

Here are just a few:

• Stopped the economy from falling into another Great Depression
  • Passed new regulations to prevent this same type of economic disaster from reoccurring
  • Stock Market tanked all the way down to 6,500 in March 2009 right after Obama took office, and has since recovered back to more than 13,000. That is a 100% gain!!!
  • National unemployment has been trending downward after peaking at 10.2% in Oct 2009. It is now approximately 8.2%. See this:
National Employment Monthly Update
  • Osama Bin Laden killed. Obama accompishes in 2 years what Bush couldn't in 7.
  • Obama ends Bush's 8 year Iraqi War.
  • Obama passes significant Health Care changes, which no previous president had ever been able to accomplish.
  • Obama re-focused the military on the true enemy - Al Qaeda.
  • No terrorist attacks were successful on Obama's watch.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:46 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,661,737 times
Although I will not vote for Obama, I believe he will win by a large measure.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:07 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,817,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Here are just a few:

• Passed new regulations to prevent this same type of economic disaster from reoccurring
  • Stock Market tanked all the way down to 6,500 in March 2009 right after Obama took office, and has since recovered back to more than 13,000. That is a 100% gain!!!
  • National unemployment has been trending downward after peaking at 10.2% in Oct 2009. It is now approximately 8.2%. See this:
  • Obama passes significant Health Care changes, which no previous president had ever been able to accomplish.
Good to mention this. From this blog you would think the guy was W, driving us to hell in a bucket.

I have said this before, I was very impressed with how Obama reeled in and defeated the Clintons. The Health Care Bill, OBL, and GM,etc. are all manifestations of his strategic strengths, long-term focus, and discipline. That is precisely what we need. I will say that I think Romney has it too. He seems pretty determined and hardworking, if he would just carve out some of his own ideas and stick with them.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:09 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,817,904 times
It will be interesting to revisit this poll the day after the elections and see how this board matches with the real world.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,318,814 times
Default Wrong!

Quote:

Here are just a few:

Each one of the listed actions were initiated by a Republican. Listing those actions as his successful completion are "tongue in a cheek" statements. In terms of the economy, when the country hit rock bottom, up is the option. The military accomplishes, have no connection to Obama. He did not form a special actions team to rectify anything, he simply carried on an already created plan. Additionally, we have had terrorist attacks that were thwarted due to already in place security checks...again, Republican initiated. C'mon, man! I totally disagree!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Each one of the listed actions were initiated by a Republican. Listing those actions as his successful completion are "tongue in a cheek" statements. In terms of the economy, when the country hit rock bottom, up is the option. The military accomplishes, have no connection to Obama. He did not form a special actions team to rectify anything, he simply carried on an already created plan. Additionally, we have had terrorist attacks that were thwarted due to already in place security checks...again, Republican initiated. C'mon, man! I totally disagree!
You are free to "believe" whatever Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and the pundits at Fox News tell you, however, it doesn't make it the "truth".

Obama was IN COMMAND when all of the above events occurred, and Obama gets the credit for their successes.

Obama made the killing of Bin Laden a top priority from DAY ONE, whereas Bush could care less where Bin Laden was. THAT is why Bin Laden is dead today.

Obama made ending the war in Iraq a priority. THAT is why the 8 YEAR LONG Iraq war is finally over.

Obama changed the focus of our "war on terrorism" to Al Qaeda ... and not Iraq ... and THAT is why there have been ZERO successful attacks on the U.S. since he took command.

The Obama team was already working on the economic crisis even when he was still President-Elect back in late 2008. Obama pushed for the economic bailout, and to save the auto industry. Obama's economics team came up with ideas to improve the economy, and THAT is why our economy did not continue with the enormous RAPID DECLINE it experienced during the final months of Bush. Soon after Obama took office, the stock market reversed course and headed steadily upward, gaining 100% during the next 3 years of Obama's presidency. The auto industry has now fully recovered thanks to the efforts by the Obama administration. Unemployment has dropped slowly and steadily since Oct 2009, and is back down to 8.2% from it's high of 10.2%. Not great, but still headed in the RIGHT direction, and THAT is what matters.

In 2009, Obama stated it would take many more months to recover from the economic crisis left to him by Bush, and Obama was CORRECT.

However, Republicans pretend like there is some sort of "magical switch" which Obama could easily flip, and would correct the entire economy overnight. Sorry Republicans ... but no such magical switch exists. Full recovery from an economic crisis of this magnitude can take many months and even years. And I'm glad we have a highly intelligent man in command, who understood this from the very beginning!

One thing you can thank Republicans for initiating, is the endless "near zero" interest rates being paid by banks for many years now, which all started on Bush's watch. Your bank savings have been earning next to nothing for years now, and there is no easy way for Obama to correct this. THANK YOU Republicans !!!

Last edited by RD5050; 04-30-2012 at 07:59 AM..

Old 04-30-2012, 12:26 PM

14,160 posts, read 15,214,056 times
Quote:
You are free to "believe" whatever Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and the pundits at Fox News tell you, however, it doesn't make it the "truth".

Obama was IN COMMAND when all of the above events occurred, and Obama gets the credit for their successes.

Obama made the killing of Bin Laden a top priority from DAY ONE, whereas Bush could care less where Bin Laden was. THAT is why Bin Laden is dead today.

Obama made ending the war in Iraq a priority. THAT is why the 8 YEAR LONG Iraq war is finally over.

Obama changed the focus of our "war on terrorism" to Al Qaeda ... and not Iraq ... and THAT is why there have been ZERO successful attacks on the U.S. since he took command.

The Obama team was already working on the economic crisis even when he was still President-Elect back in late 2008. Obama pushed for the economic bailout, and to save the auto industry. Obama's economics team came up with ideas to improve the economy, and THAT is why our economy did not continue with the enormous RAPID DECLINE it experienced during the final months of Bush. Soon after Obama took office, the stock market reversed course and headed steadily upward, gaining 100% during the next 3 years of Obama's presidency. The auto industry has now fully recovered thanks to the efforts by the Obama administration. Unemployment has dropped slowly and steadily since Oct 2009, and is back down to 8.2% from it's high of 10.2%. Not great, but still headed in the RIGHT direction, and THAT is what matters.

In 2009, Obama stated it would take many more months to recover from the economic crisis left to him by Bush, and Obama was CORRECT.

However, Republicans pretend like there is some sort of "magical switch" which Obama could easily flip, and would correct the entire economy overnight. Sorry Republicans ... but no such magical switch exists. Full recovery from an economic crisis of this magnitude can take many months and even years. And I'm glad we have a highly intelligent man in command, who understood this from the very beginning!

One thing you can thank Republicans for initiating, is the endless "near zero" interest rates being paid by banks for many years now, which all started on Bush's watch. Your bank savings have been earning next to nothing for years now, and there is no easy way for Obama to correct this. THANK YOU Republicans !!!
Tell that to our friends down on Fort Hood, TX

Old 04-30-2012, 12:32 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,296,372 times
Quote:

Well said!

Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,068,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
In a battleground state I would vote for Romney. Live in Texas, will probably vote for Paul.
How would you do that? As a write in candidate? Paul has already said that he would not run as a third party candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections