Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 03:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,237,135 times

Advertisements

I don't believe the story. First of all, if there has ever been a national politician that coughed up his milk money daily as a kid, it's Romney. You don't need an account of his actual history to see what an uptight, milquetoast chump he was. If anyone was getting bullied and teased, it was him. That dude puts the L in lame. He's cornier than a 5 section field in Nebraska. The Gay's were likely picking on him if anything.

That dude didn't pick on anyone....believe me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 03:08 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,798,275 times
This story just gont trounced. He had no clue the guy was gay and he was a teenager in high school. How many kids are jerks in high school?

He should have protected his image when he was 16!!! Give me a frikkin break.

This is really reaching into the cookie jar for crumbs.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:09 PM

868 posts, read 1,428,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Oh please...Kids did stuff like that all the time back then. A girlfriend of mine had her pony tail snipped off from behind by an angry black girl in high school and she survived just fine. Another biggie were "wedgies," which kids got all the time (nowdays, there would be a sexual harassment charge and suspension no doubt.) Oh, and lets not forget the "t*tty twisters" and bra strap snapping done by the junior high school boys. Guess what? We all survived!
Are you serious? I, too, talk about the good old days when schoolkids didn't have cell phones, and were allowed to play outside, after dark even, without helicopter parents scheduling every moment. We chose to do those things. They were fun.

But the fact kids survived being assaulted, bullied, and having their hair cut off by fellow students hardly justifies any of those UNCHOSEN actions. People can survive a lot of things they should not have to.

As for "back then," kids are still doing things like that now, and they are mostly doing them with the full approval of *******s like you who think being treated like **** by some ******** is just another part of growing up.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:10 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,896,415 times
I think these stories fit in with the narrative that can (and probably will) be told of Romney once people start really reporting on the kind of business deals he did while at Bain. From what I've heard, it takes an especially kind of heartless man to force the lay offs of so many workers for so many different companies he liquidated while at Bain.

Romney supporters like to point at his success in growing Target, but that is the exception rather than the rule. He and his co-hort made a lot of money for themselves by having companies max out their lines of credit, pay huge sums of money to Bain and their investors, and then declare bankrupcy, so none of the money had to be paid back. That is theft from creditors in my book, even if it is legal.

Although a lot of us would like to be rich, I think there are many of us who wouldn't want to make money the way he did. It might keep us up at night. But, not Mitt, he doesn't care what havoc he causes for others as long as he gets his.

Sure, he cared about his co-worker's missing daughter, that was one of his good ole boys' child. But, the rest of us are merely an irritation to him; a vote to exploit.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:11 PM

46,322 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh no...the guy that supplied the story to the WaPo was not even there.

Romney Friend Stu White Says Campaign Wants Him to Counter Prank Accusations - ABC News
huh, what, where did all the lefites go?

What's wrong, jump to conclusions again. Man, I would be embarrassed....

Old 05-10-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJazzyP View Post
Are you serious? I, too, talk about the good old days when schoolkids didn't have cell phones, and were allowed to play outside, after dark even, without helicopter parents scheduling every moment. We chose to do those things. They were fun.

But the fact kids survived being assaulted, bullied, and having their hair cut off by fellow students hardly justifies any of those UNCHOSEN actions. People can survive a lot of things they should not have to.

As for "back then," kids are still doing things like that now, and they are mostly doing them with the full approval of *******s like you who think being treated like **** by some ******** is just another part of growing up.
Who pissed in you wheaties? Why the anger, the story does not even look like it's true...

Old 05-10-2012, 03:15 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Is this the best the dems can come up with? Something that happened when he was in high school in 1965.

What a freakin joke...
I got a feeling its not going to turn out to be as much of a joke as you guys think this assault will be.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
No, the point was we played pranks on each other. If I was scrutinized for everything I did in high school, I would be completely unelectable. So would nearly everyone. Once, some older guy shaved a chunk out of the back of my head at basketball camp with a pair of clippers. Did I cry about it and say it was an assault? No, I laughed it off and got him back. Ever seen the show Jackass? Either y'all were a bunch of seriously bullied nerds in school with trauma issues that can't take a joke, or you are exaggerating the extent of how offended you really are. And Romney cut the guy's hair because he thought he was a hippy, not because he thought he was gay.
Was the person who did this to you a friend, or did you have mutual friends? It sounds like it. That's not enough of a difference to justify violating someone's person, but it is a difference.

The fact that you are offering "Jackass" as a model of behavior suggests that this is probably a hopeless discussion...but I will continue.

What difference does it make why they cut that kid's hair? The bottom line is, did want it cut? No.

Freedom, right?

Old 05-10-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I got a feeling its not going to turn out to be as much of a joke as you guys think this assault will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
huh, what, where did all the lefites go?

What's wrong, jump to conclusions again. Man, I would be embarrassed....
Originally Posted by sanrene
Oh no...the guy that supplied the story to the WaPo was not even there.

Romney Friend Stu White Says Campaign Wants Him to Counter Prank Accusations - ABC News

Wooppppssssss

Old 05-10-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who pissed in you wheaties? Why the anger, the story does not even look like it's true...
If it's not true, I can and will accept that.

What I cannot and will not accept is the number of people who consider this purely a matter between two political candidates and have endorsed bullying as being perfectly goddamn fine, anytime, anywhere, for any reason.

CLEAR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections