Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 05:59 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If YOU left work today, and a gang of men grabbed you in the parking lot, pushed you to the ground and held you down while they cut your hair, I suspect you wouldn't consider that nothing.

Certainly, we all did things when we were teenagers that were cruel and thoughtless and that we look back on with shame. And we wouldn't want those events to be used to characterize our entire lives.

These "pranks" were shameful, but the real question is whether we can reasonably assert that the Romney of today would commit such acts. I seriously doubt it, and I think if his sons were to behave similarly, Romney would not stand for such behavior.

It tells us a little bit about Romney when he was young. But I don't know if this gives us much insight into Romney now.
The left keeps whining about how boring and stick-like he is. Now they whine because he wasn't always boring and stick-like.

It's clear they hate him, so why bother even reading what they type. It's the same old crap, over and over and over and over................on ad infinitum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 06:00 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times
The Washington Post has debased itself.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:04 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Of course the media would never find anything about Obama. We don't even know anything about his college days, his transcripts, writings, medical records...
You mean Fox "News" knows nothing about these things.
But what medical records does Fox want us to know about? Even though I'm aware of the talking points, I haven't heard anything about this.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:09 PM

46,322 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenncmom View Post
You guys are so transparent with your twisted logic. That poster said never said it was OK. If those guys were running for POTUS it would be relevant and discussed here. But they're not and it isn't. But you know that, don't you?

I honestly think there are hired Romney trolls all over this forum. It's disgusting. No one is as obtuse as you pretend to be. Honestly, why waste your time? It must be for the money because your hateful and insulting jabs are not going to sway anyone's opinion. Or maybe you just enjoy being nasty?
Read again,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
"These guys" aren't running for POTUS. Duh.

And, it seems, at least they remember it. Romney claims to not even remember it - you know, as in no big deal, no remorse, no compassion for the kid he attacked.

Weird that there are people actually defending this behavior.

Quote:
Please give us your definition of what this means then?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:15 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,672,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
I went to High School in rural Arkansas, in one of the poorest counties in the state. Want to make a snarky, condescending joke about that?
I could..........

Quote:
About how much better you are?
I'm not the one who's on here trying to excuse blatant assaults on weaker people.

Quote:
Hey, that'd kind of make you an elitist bully, too, wouldn't it?
See above.

Quote:
But it doesn't matter where I went; kids are kids wherever you go. I don't agree with Romney's politics probably anymore than you do, but you can't convince me that this would be considered an assault. And I will continue to say it is nothing, because I don't jump on the fake outrage band wagon no matter what party the candidate belongs to.
Explain it away any way you can............

Old 05-10-2012, 06:16 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

And, it seems, at least they remember it. Romney claims to not even remember it - you know, as in no big deal, no remorse, no compassion for the kid he attacked.

Weird that there are people actually defending this behavior.
"Well, I don't remember" is a popular excuse among the righties

Old 05-10-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
........... and Obama is a Kenyan born, far left wing radical, with a communist mother, association with known communists and felons, and a complete economic failure as a a president. Never mind that he took money from Chicago realestate developers, launched his political career with the help of an anarchist, and had known communists on his White House staff. That really does not matter. What REALLY MATTERS is how he behaved on the playground 40 years ago. That is all that is important.

The left is certainly desperate! I am sure they were hoping to find "dirt" on Romney. When they can't find anything, they look to playground antics as a kid. That is HILARIOUS!

When are we going to see Obama's college transcript and his actual birth record? How about his knowledge of fast and furious? How about his Resnik Chicago money? What about his communist friends? And most importantly, what about his dismal economic failures which have been disasterous for millions of Americans?

Get real!
Birfers, the inanity that keeps on giving

Old 05-10-2012, 06:18 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,672,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
Man, you missed my point. I wasn't suggesting Jackass as model behavior, obviously. I'm not an idiot. The main point I've been trying to make from the beginning is that EVERYONE does STUPID stuff in high school. Teenagers are idiots. Almost all of them. Including me, when I was a teenager. The fact that I'm still alive is mind numbing. What teenage Romney and Obama did in high school is totally irrelevant to this election, and this is just a partisan distraction. And it's really convenient that the guy who got his feelings hurt by Romney in the 60's waited until the 2012 election to make this public. If messing with your classmates was really an assault, half of us would still be in jail. Just trying to offer a slightly more balanced perspective on a sensationalized media article. The end.
Speak for yourself.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
And as an older person, obama was a drug addicted drunk.
Anything factual to support that allegation?

Or haven't you got to 'F' in the dictionary yet?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:35 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
........... and Obama is a Kenyan born, far left wing radical, with a communist mother, association with known communists and felons, and a complete economic failure as a a president. Never mind that he took money from Chicago realestate developers, launched his political career with the help of an anarchist, and had known communists on his White House staff. That really does not matter. What REALLY MATTERS is how he behaved on the playground 40 years ago. That is all that is important.

The left is certainly desperate! I am sure they were hoping to find "dirt" on Romney. When they can't find anything, they look to playground antics as a kid. That is HILARIOUS!
When are we going to see Obama's college transcript and his actual birth record? How about his knowledge of fast and furious? How about his Resnik Chicago money? What about his communist friends? And most importantly, what about his dismal economic failures which have been disasterous for millions of Americans?
Get real!
* How many Republicans' college transcripts have we seen?
* Who are these communist friends (not defined by Fox)?
* Nobody more desperate than the Right since its candidate is disliked by half of the Republican party and most Americans (with good reason). G.O.P. TV (Fox) piles it on daily, truth or otherwise (mostly the latter), for its cracker audience which can't get over 2008.
* And how about Congress and a filibustering Senate? Do they have anything to do with the economy?
McConnell has said that destroying the Obama presidency is his number one goal. How better to do this than tanking the country as much as possible before November !
And even though Romney despises their ilk, Cracker America will vote for him.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 05-10-2012 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: added
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections