Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 08:18 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,219,612 times

Advertisements

Lol this is the best the silly left has
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 08:21 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Here, 1 questin at a time.

It was NOT off topic, I asked a question and pre-empted that question with something from obama that you apparently did not want to answer...maybe a little double standard, do as I say, not as I do situation?
Topic is 100% mittens and his gay bashing bullying, raising Obama is reflecting to worm your way out of an impossible situation.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:23 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,790 times
What Romney did would be considered gay bashing today and a criminal offense.

While most boys did so some mischief few organized a group as a hate mob and attacked an individual for the way he looked.

Romney, a mormon, and an outspoken anti-gay person may have a hidden agenda. Now that he's grown out of gay bashing he may concentrate his efforts on other groups like the poor, the working folks, and seniors.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:24 AM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Oh dear, now it turns out "the source" of the Washington Post story never witnessed the incident nor did it come to his attention until recently after the Washington Post contacted him.

"The Washington Post story reports: “I always enjoyed his pranks,” said Stu White, a popular friend of Romney’s who went on to a career as a public school teacher and has long been bothered by the Lauber incident.”

But ABC News, says: “White was not present for the prank, in which Romney is said to have forcefully cut a student’s long hair and was not aware of it until this year when he was contacted by the Washington Post.”

Cracks in the Washington Post story on Romney’s ‘pranks’ emerge | The Daily Caller

ABC News Finds Washington Post Romney Falsehood, Buries It

Old 05-11-2012, 08:27 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,373 times
Why wuld a kid bleach his hair and act like a swisher at a school like that? Not saying what happened was right.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:27 AM

756 posts, read 713,978 times
It's actually pretty funny that we can now call a preppy nerd like $Willard a "bully".

If he would've tried to pull his 'my sh*t doesn't stink' act at my high school, he'd probably still be taking all his nourishment thru a straw...

Old 05-11-2012, 08:29 AM

374 posts, read 812,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Right wingers are known for a general lack of reading ability and comprehension. I responded to one of your assertions, and you produce this? Must be those Arkansas public schools.....
This is wasted energy, but...You didn't respond to what I said. You didn't say anything, really. "Speak for yourself?" None of us are speaking for ourselves. We're arguing about the motives of a dumbass high school prank Mitt Romney pulled in the 60's. You just want to argue, and obviously you haven't actually been reading any of my posts, or maybe just selectively reading them. I have said like 8 times that I'm not a right winger or a Romney supporter. I'm just not so far to the left that I can't see the need for fairness when it comes to these exaggerated, bogus hit stories. I posted basically the same thing on the "Obama did drugs" counter thread. Real mature about the Arkansas public schools thing, by the way. These political threads always dissolve into 8th grade name calling...People, these days...

Old 05-11-2012, 08:47 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Oh dear, now it turns out "the source" of the Washington Post story never witnessed the incident nor did it come to his attention until recently after the Washington Post contacted him.

"The Washington Post story reports: “I always enjoyed his pranks,” said Stu White, a popular friend of Romney’s who went on to a career as a public school teacher and has long been bothered by the Lauber incident.”

But ABC News, says: “White was not present for the prank, in which Romney is said to have forcefully cut a student’s long hair and was not aware of it until this year when he was contacted by the Washington Post.”

Cracks in the Washington Post story on Romney’s ‘pranks’ emerge | The Daily Caller

ABC News Finds Washington Post Romney Falsehood, Buries It
And the family of the alleged "victim" has now come out and claimed this portrayal as incorrect:

"...now, the family of the purported victim is speaking up and slamming the story as a political ploy."

Family of Romney’s Alleged Bully Victim Speaks Out: ‘We Are Aggrieved That He Would Be Used to Further a Political Agenda’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Old 05-11-2012, 08:52 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,196 times
Ooops, the lefty brown shirts fail again.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:52 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
And the family of the alleged "victim" has now come out and claimed this portrayal as incorrect:

"...now, the family of the purported victim is speaking up and slamming the story as a political ploy."
And yet, they don't deny that the incident happened. They only say that their brother would be furious that the story came out. Understandable from the family's perspective, but it does nothing to change the original story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections