Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 09:39 AM

15,537 posts, read 10,516,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Romney allegedly acted like the villain in one of those Frankie Avalon/Annette Funicello movies.
I'm sorry, but that made me LAUGH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 09:42 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Sorry lefties.

this didnt work. it if epic fail on a grand scale.

the story itself has factual errors, it addresses Mitt in HIGHSCHOOL.

and all this has done is make people more clearly understand that the left has nothing real to talk about because the last 3 years of leftist policy has left America on lifesupport.

Its the economy people and Barak Obama owns this pathetic economy!
Tis True.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:52 AM

20,467 posts, read 12,395,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I care about character. It speaks to how a person will govern in office and how they will make decisions at critical moments.

And such sweeping generalizations only serve to make you look unintelligent.

sorry. not buying it. we have a nice long 40+ year history to review. my statement is not based on personal feeling but on factual actions from democrats.

democrats only care about the character of conservatives when they can score political points. they VOTE in a way that tells us they do not care about character in democrat politicians.

you can call me unintelligent all day long. until you stop re-electing monsters/criminals/dirt bags/lawbreakers I can very intelligently state the FACT that democrats vote for people with zero character…ergo democrats do not care about character.

And seriously bringing up what someone did in high school is sooo stinking transparent. NO ONE is what they were in high school. This is just typical liberal mudslinging.

Proof? Liberals didn’t care that Obama did cocaine in high school/college.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
It's no surprise that many of the posters who are saying Mittens' bullying of a gay kid is "no big deal" are the same ones who get all bent out of shape about any kind of equal rights and treatment for gays.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that more than a couple of these posters maybe participated in a few "pranks" against kids who were "different" as well.

there is no evidence at all that Mitt knew/thought the kid was gay.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,262,505 times
Quote:
there is no evidence at all that Mitt knew/thought the kid was gay.
But there is plenty of evidence to show that Mittens knew/thought the boy was "different."

And for that, he was ATTACKED.

And don't forget - "different" to Mittens is also anyone not in the top 1%.

He shows no compassion or empathy, and I've said that many times, long before we learned he was a bully in high school.

The dog abuse, the abuse of this kid in school, Mittens' disconnect from those who are struggling - it's the whole package. And it's not a pretty package and I am appalled at the number of people who are dismissing the bullying of a boy (making sure he had the help of a "mob" - he apparently didn't have the balls to confront the kid one-on-one - no surprise) as just a "prank."

Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times
Quote:
sorry. not buying it. we have a nice long 40+ year history to review. my statement is not based on personal feeling but on factual actions from democrats. democrats only care about the character of conservatives when they can score political points. they VOTE in a way that tells us they do not care about character in democrat politicians.

you can call me unintelligent all day long. until you stop re-electing monsters/criminals/dirt bags/lawbreakers I can very intelligently state the FACT that democrats vote for people with zero character…ergo democrats do not care about character.
Monsters/criminals/dirt bags/lawbreakers--politicians who fit that description, in your view, are only on the Democratic side? Do you really want to go there? Seems to me your "FACTS" are just a tiny bit myopic.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
But there is plenty of evidence to show that Mittens knew/thought the boy was "different."

And for that, he was ATTACKED.

there is 100% conclusive evidence that Mitt was a kid when this happened and we all know we all did really dumb stuff when we were kids.

It aint like he was smoking crack in highschool you know...

Old 05-11-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Monsters/criminals/dirt bags/lawbreakers--politicians who fit that description, in your view, are only on the Democratic side? Do you really want to go there? Seems to me your "FACTS" are just a tiny bit myopic.

No.... in fact there is a long list of REPUBLICANS politicans who have been all those things.

The DIFFERENCE is when a republican is outted for these things, he fails to win re-election.

That is NOT the case with democrats. in fact democrats have a history of lionizing such men.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,562,839 times
Smile So, Romney was a sadistic little @$&@ in prep school...

The best part of this whole kerfuffle...

Romney claiming he "doesn't recall" the incident.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The best part of this whole kerfuffle...

Romney claiming he "doesn't recall" the incident.
hey, at least we know his short term memory is in tact.

cant say that about the current dopeheadinchief... can we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections