Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 08:18 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,990,328 times

Advertisements

Mitt Romney’s prep school classmates recall pranks, but also troubling incidents - The Washington Post

Quote:
The incident was recalled similarly by five students, who gave their accounts independently of one another. Four of them — Friedemann, now a dentist; Phillip Maxwell, a lawyer; Thomas Buford, a retired prosecutor; and David Seed, a retired principal — spoke on the record. Another former student who witnessed the incident asked not to be identified. The men have differing political affiliations, although they mostly lean Democratic. Buford volunteered for Barack Obama’s campaign in 2008. Seed, a registered independent, has served as a Republican county chairman in Michigan. All of them said that politics in no way colored their recollections.
Regardless of this Stuart White ... the fact still remains that FIVE students independently recalled the story ....

This event apparently was so tragic, that it was clearly remembered 47 years later by FIVE different people.

And the alleged PERPETRATOR of this tragic event, Mitt Romney (who was an ADULT 18 years of age at the time) PRETENDS to not remember it himself.

I believe Romney's inability to remember this event is total BS!

And now, we should ask ourselves ... CAN ROMNEY BE TRUSTED?

And what sort of man BULLIES weaker people? Is a man like this even FIT to be President of the United States?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 08:25 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Just another example of how, when the Dems have nothing to offer, they scrape together this kind of thing.
Frankly, I think Mitt could use a bit more sadistic dick-ness, not less.
Yep. Every stupid thing they throw at him, the more convinced I am that I will vote for him, in spite of the fact that I've said for years that he's one person I would never vote for.

This latest stupidity from the dems convinced me that I really must do my duty and vote for Mitt. I'll hold my nose.

Keep the trash journalism coming, dimocraps!

Old 05-12-2012, 08:32 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,860,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Mitt Romney’s prep school classmates recall pranks, but also troubling incidents - The Washington Post

Regardless of this Stuart White ... the fact still remains that FIVE students independently recalled the story ....

This event apparently was so tragic, that it was clearly remembered 47 years later by FIVE different people.

And the alleged PERPETRATOR of this tragic event, Mitt Romney (who was an ADULT 18 years of age at the time) PRETENDS to not remember it himself.

And what sort of man BULLIES weaker people? Is a man like this even FIT to be President of the United States?
So, somehow all "witnesses" were contacted, verified, and vetted within a 12-hour time frame?

We're supposed to believe this is an organic story.....

Sheep!

The Post can find all these "facts" but can't find the six "Wall Street Firms" that wanted to hire Obama or his college transcripts....

As long as the credit card works at Starbucks - who cares! Right????

Old 05-12-2012, 08:46 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,359,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you never did anything wrong while growning up? I certainly do not even want to think about some of the stuff I pulled or even my sweet little sissy husband did in elementary and Jr High. Oh and there was the time our son really did put a dead frog down a little girls dress in about the third grade..I could go on and on. Whether these stories you report are true or not I don't know, but kids will be kids...

Nita

My "sissy" husband went to a private co-ed boarding school. On the senior year trip, the principal forced the boys and girls to completely segregate (no sitting together on the bus, walking together, eating together, etc.) DH and his friends made a dummy of the principal, made a sign saying "******* Promotes Homosexuality", and either burned it at the stake or lynched it (I forget). The same year, they broke all the glass in the dormitory to rebel against mandatory hair cuts. These two episodes resulted in their dormitory monitor (or whatever the faculty member in charge was called) getting fired. I heard this story at the last reunion of his we attended (almost 20 years ago). They felt bad about it.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 05-12-2012 at 08:59 AM..

Old 05-12-2012, 08:51 AM

39,088 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
My "sissy" husband went to private boarding school. On the senior year trip, the principal forced the boys and girls to completely segregate (no sitting together on the bus, walking together, eating together, etc.) DH and his friends made a dummy of the principal, made a sign saying "******* Promotes Homosexuality", and burned it at the stake. This was one of the tamer escapades. Ex-Lax played a part in a lot of them. Let's just say, adolescent boys in boarding school are especially BRUTAL to each other, because they have to live with each other.

Speaking of Ex-lax, I once made some brownies laced with it, specifically for a lunch stealer...
None of that is assault and battery which is what Romney is guilty of committing on the other boy.

But, fair enough, we should avoid applying standards of today to behavior of 50 years ago. We've come a long way on bullying and treatment of gay people. The question is, has Romney? Have his values evolved to a more tolerant position or is he mired in the hate and intolerance that pervades so much of the Republican party? Romney is a hard guy to figure out as he speaks from both sides of his mouth on the issues of the day.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:12 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,359,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
None of that is assault and battery which is what Romney is guilty of committing on the other boy.

But, fair enough, we should avoid applying standards of today to behavior of 50 years ago. We've come a long way on bullying and treatment of gay people. The question is, has Romney? Have his values evolved to a more tolerant position or is he mired in the hate and intolerance that pervades so much of the Republican party? Romney is a hard guy to figure out as he speaks from both sides of his mouth on the issues of the day.

A faculty member (the one in charge of their dormitory) was fired because of this indirect attack on the principal (and the hair cut rebellion in which they broke every piece of glass in the dormitory). Causing someone to lose their employment, although not a direct physical assault, is pretty bad.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:42 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
They felt bad about it.
They felt bad about it. Good for them. It at least shows they have some remorse for what they did and some compassion for their victim.

Mittens apparently thinks the idea of him bullying a kid, whether he "remembers" the incident(s) or not, quite hilarious:

Quote:
ppearing today on Brian Kilmeade’s Fox Radio program, Romney pretended he did not recall the incident—not particularly believable considering that others who participated in the event remember it with great clarity. It’s also a bit ridiculous that he pretends to have been unaware of gay people in the 1960′s. I can certainly vividly remember one of my classmates whom we suspected to be gay in that era and the difficulties he was forced to endure.
Mitt Romney Laughs Off Teen Bullying - Forbes

Please listen to the audio of him.

Also, Rachel Maddow did a segment about Romney's response and also plays audio of him laughing about Seamus and laughing, almost hysterically, about how his father moved a factory, putting people out of work.

It's a 3 1/2 minute clip; please watch it:

Dogs Against Romney

Old 05-12-2012, 09:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

It occured to me last night while watching his "apology" that he probably doesn't remember because it was just one incident of many and they all ran together.
Either that or he had/has absolutely no guilt over the incident and so dismissed it completely from his consciousness.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:55 AM

46,319 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It occured to me last night while watching his "apology" that he probably doesn't remember because it was just one incident of many and they all ran together.
Either that or he had/has absolutely no guilt over the incident and so dismissed it completely from his consciousness.
Ohhhhh, now that's a good one.

I would rather have a one time bully than a one time coke head....

Old 05-12-2012, 10:00 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,442 times
God, you lefties are just sick in the mind. He's going to be your next president, like it or not. obama's done for.

Oh, try applying the same standards to your drugged, drunk, and dazed America hater to have at least a modicum of credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections