Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 11:55 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,979 times

Advertisements

Question for Progressives.

Why would it matter if Romney did do this, being that it was 47 years ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 11:55 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,233,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Challenging is providing proof that something didn't happen - twisting what someone said to meet one's agenda is not.

The family said they aren't aware of the incidents; that's a far cry from them "debunking" the story.
On the other hand, at that time no police reports were filed nor official reports of the incident at the school, so...

Old 05-12-2012, 12:03 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,206,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Kind of cuts both ways there, and since this whole thing started with the stupid story in the Washington Post, I see no reason why those who challenge it should be silenced.
See, that is where you guys are wrong. I bit like the bank robber blaming the cops when he gets caught and the judge when he goes to jail.

"IT" started when an idiot Mitt Romney thought it was cute to bash gay people. Five different people each INDEPENDENTLY telling the same story kinda says it happened.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
See, that is where you guys are wrong. I bit like the bank robber blaming the cops when he gets caught and the judge when he goes to jail.

"IT" started when an idiot Mitt Romney thought it was cute to bash gay people. Five different people each INDEPENDENTLY telling the same story kinda says it happened.
Why is it a big deal if it did happen?

Old 05-12-2012, 12:06 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Isn't the onus on the one who makes the claim something did happen?
The proof is the fact that there were five eyewitnesses. That is far more "proof" than family members saying they aren't aware of it happening.

And I can remember incidents in my life from 47 years ago quite clearly; there is no reason to not believe these men because it happened so long ago.

And if you all think that the fact that it happened so long ago is meaningless, think again. Apparently Romney thinks it was funny, even now. It's probably just more of the Mittens Family Lore - along with Seamus and that hysterically funny story about his father closing down the factory. He's still laughing about those incidents.

And, for the record, I can understand the family being unhappy about the story.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Isn't the onus on the one who makes the claim something did happen?
Charles Mason did his stuff a long time ago, too. You all for forgivong him, too?

Old 05-12-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
The proof is the fact that there were five eyewitnesses. That is far more "proof" than family members saying they aren't aware of it happening.

And I can remember incidents in my life from 47 years ago quite clearly; there is no reason to not believe these men because it happened so long ago.

And if you all think that the fact that it happened so long ago is meaningless, think again. Apparently Romney thinks it was funny, even now. It's probably just more of the Mittens Family Lore - along with Seamus and that hysterically funny story about his father closing down the factory. He's still laughing about those incidents.

I just don't get the outrage from Progressives here.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Why is it a big deal if it did happen?
Because character matters.

Quote:
I just don't get the outrage from Progressives here.
I'm sure you wouldn't, after watching you wingnuts swiftboat Kerry and the birfer nonsense with obama I guess you're numb to outrage.

Quote:

Funny how the poor kid's family might not want in the spotlight, with the world knowing about their gay son.

And it is funny how family, mothers, fathers, siblings, see their own thru a different set of lens. They don't see what those cruel classmates saw. They don't see their own as a victim.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:16 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think it is perfectly safe to say, whether this happened exactly like it was reported (doubtful) or not, Romney is now being bullied..Is that ok with everyone?
Yep, let's stop "bullying" Republicans and focus on Obama's childhood - the really important stuff.
Quote:
Question for Progressives.
Why would it matter if Romney did do this, being that it was 47 years ago?
Answer: maybe because of the incessant feeding frenzy by the Right on Obama's childhood and his parents before his birth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
On the other hand, at that time no police reports were filed nor official reports of the incident at the school, so...
So.....what?

Old 05-12-2012, 12:20 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,641,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Charles Mason did his stuff a long time ago, too. You all for forgivong him, too?
Well, since you brought it up, Obama's chum, Bernadine Dohrn Ayers did a long time ago. She apparently was fine with what Manson did back then. She thought it was "wild."

"Dohrn was criticized for comments she made about the murders of actress Sharon Tate and retail store owners Leno and Rosemary LaBianca by the Charles Manson clan. In a speech during the December 1969 "War Council" meeting organized by the Weathermen, attended by about 400 people in Flint, Michigan, Dohrn said, "First they killed those pigs, then they ate dinner in the same room with them, then they even shoved a fork into the pig Tate's stomach! Wild!"[14] In greeting each other, delegates to the war council often spread their fingers to signify the fork.[9]"

Bernardine Dohrn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These are the words of a person from whose home, our POTUS chose to launch his political career from. And yet, you are upset about some supposed highschool prank pulled 45 years ago. You people are unbelievable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections