Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 10:06 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,756,715 times

Advertisements

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Puts me to sleep and I guess it is open season now on Romney. He was a prankster.....lol, so was Keith Moon and I loved his pranks, even the ones that involved explosives. Rock stars, even dead ones, get a pass but heaven forbid that a republican gives a wedgie or some other prank. Back then we all played pranks on each other and it wasnt a bad thing.
I will ignore all the attacks coming soon to a news station near you on Romney and vote for him. Next up....Romney has seven wives....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 10:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
hey, at least we know his short term memory is in tact.
Like how he now claims that he bailed out the auto industry?

Quote:
cant say that about the current dopeheadinchief... can we?
Yes, we can.

Conservatards just won't.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,756,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The best part of this whole kerfuffle...

Romney claiming he "doesn't recall" the incident.
Takes ya back to old Bill Clinton and "I dont' recall ad nauseum. I don't recall, I dont recall on dirty deeds as short as a year ago....LOL. Just catch Obama on some dirty deed and you will get I don't recalllllllll all over again. LOL

Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,672,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
This is wasted energy, but...You didn't respond to what I said. You didn't say anything, really. "Speak for yourself?" None of us are speaking for ourselves. We're arguing about the motives of a dumbass high school prank Mitt Romney pulled in the 60's. You just want to argue, and obviously you haven't actually been reading any of my posts, or maybe just selectively reading them. I have said like 8 times that I'm not a right winger or a Romney supporter. I'm just not so far to the left that I can't see the need for fairness when it comes to these exaggerated, bogus hit stories. I posted basically the same thing on the "Obama did drugs" counter thread. Real mature about the Arkansas public schools thing, by the way. These political threads always dissolve into 8th grade name calling...People, these days...
You said:

Originally Posted by Ark90
Man, you missed my point. I wasn't suggesting Jackass as model behavior, obviously. I'm not an idiot. The main point I've been trying to make from the beginning is that EVERYONE does STUPID stuff in high school. Teenagers are idiots. Almost all of them. Including me, when I was a teenager. The fact that I'm still alive is mind numbing. What teenage Romney and Obama did in high school is totally irrelevant to this election, and this is just a partisan distraction. And it's really convenient that the guy who got his feelings hurt by Romney in the 60's waited until the 2012 election to make this public. If messing with your classmates was really an assault, half of us would still be in jail. Just trying to offer a slightly more balanced perspective on a sensationalized media article. The end.

And I said, "speak for yourself." My point is that EVERYONE does not necessarily do STUPID things in high school. Some people do their work, play sports, participate in extracurricular activities and graduate.

Period. That's it. The degeneration of the conversation to which you refer was initiated by you.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:13 AM

20,476 posts, read 12,398,694 times
Quote:
Like how he now claims that he bailed out the auto industry?

Yes, we can.

Conservatards just won't.

you can spin all day long Old Gringo, but the fact remains all you have is some dried up fake attack on Mitt because you CANNOT talk about democrat successes over the last 3 year because there have been none.

once more with feeling. It’s the economy that matters and Obama owns the economy and the economy stinks.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,882,143 times
Quote:
No.... in fact there is a long list of REPUBLICANS politicans who have been all those things.

The DIFFERENCE is when a republican is outted for these things, he fails to win re-election.

That is NOT the case with democrats. in fact democrats have a history of lionizing such men.
More sweeping generalizations. You're living in fantasy land if you believe this is all one-sided. FACT--it's a political reality on both sides, as uncomfortable as that may make you feel. I'm willing to admit it. Are you?

Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,995,865 times
The Duke of Wellington a British Military Leader and Prime Minister once said "The nation's battles are won on the playing fields of Eton". What he was saying is the character of Britain's elite was molded at its elite prep and secondary schools. I believe the intangables of a man or womwn are shaped at schools including ones reaction to challenges, ones empathy and many other character traits both good and bad. So if a person acted like a pyschpath in high school it may not be a good idea to let this guy anywhere near the red button, I think it is good these things come out in a campaign. Also if a camapaign always reaches for the cheap attack to suceed has this person really changed since the day he took a pair of scissors to someones scalp? Obviously not!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Sorry lefties.

this didnt work. it if epic fail on a grand scale.

the story itself has factual errors, it addresses Mitt in HIGHSCHOOL.

and all this has done is make people more clearly understand that the left has nothing real to talk about because the last 3 years of leftist policy has left America on lifesupport.

Its the economy people and Barak Obama owns this pathetic economy!

This pathetic economy was courtesy of the GOP, who has spent the past two years trying to block any attempt at recovery. Considering that. Obama's done a "heckuva job" to paraphrase one of your idols.

Post-Katrina, for those old enough to recall.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:42 AM

46,322 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
This pathetic economy was courtesy of the GOP, who has spent the past two years trying to block any attempt at recovery. Considering that. Obama's done a "heckuva job" to paraphrase one of your idols.

Post-Katrina, for those old enough to recall.

What about the 2 years obama had control of congress?

Why did he do?

Old 05-11-2012, 10:50 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
What Romney did would be considered gay bashing today and a criminal offense. ------
Legally an "assault with intent to do bodily harm".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
This is wasted energy, but...You didn't respond to what I said. You didn't say anything, really. "Speak for yourself?" None of us are speaking for ourselves. We're arguing about the motives of a dumbass high school prank Mitt Romney pulled in the 60's.------I posted basically the same thing on the "Obama did drugs" counter thread. Real mature about the Arkansas public schools thing, by the way. These political threads always dissolve into 8th grade name calling...People, these days...
It's called an "assault", not a prank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Read the story. They say it was INCORRECT!
Give it up guys. It is backfiring on you. Time to wave the white flag!
Family of Romney’s Alleged Bully Victim Speaks Out: ‘We Are Aggrieved That He Would Be Used to Further a Political Agenda’ | Video | TheBlaze.com
Do not quote the Blaze for anything, it has zero credibility. No rational person would ever raise the white flag to the Blaze.
Quote:
-------
and all this has done is make people more clearly understand that the left has nothing real to talk about because the last 3 years of leftist policy has left America on lifesupport.
Its the economy people and Barak Obama owns this pathetic economy!
Your Fox memory only goes back to 2008? Republican outsourcers (of Romney's ilk) own the negative economy. The economy tanked under Bush. Now you blame Obama for not cleaning it up fast enough. Right!
The economy is a result of republican trickle-down - a failure. It has taken 30 years to slide to where it is. Romney will continue the slide.
The bad part of the economy since 2008 belongs to a Wall Street Republican obstructionist congress. Remember what your boy Boehner said.
Quote:
there is no evidence at all that Mitt knew/thought the kid was gay.
Weak! So what - it's still an assault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections