Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:25 AM

1,011 posts, read 3,102,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromTN View Post
An African-American candidate will get my vote when there is at least, just one, successful, majority-Black nation in the world.
Why do you hate black people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 09:35 AM

919 posts, read 1,681,669 times
People like the GuyFromTN are exactly the reason why i did not attend University of Tennessee. My family is from that area but I hate to go back........

Back to the issue at hand, like a lot of people have stated, I think that we are ready for a president who can pull us ahead instead of leading us backward. There are countries that have surpassed us in universal health care. How does that happen when we are a "Super Power"? Since I am only 21, I want to see this nation become its best, so that my generation can have something when we get older. I personally do not want what is happening now to happen in the next 4 years when my life will actually start to blossom.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:38 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,705,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
People like the GuyFromTN are exactly the reason why i did not attend University of Tennessee. My family is from that area but I hate to go back........

Back to the issue at hand, like a lot of people have stated, I think that we are ready for a president who can pull us ahead instead of leading us backward. There are countries that have surpassed us in universal health care. How does that happen when we are a "Super Power"? Since I am only 21, I want to see this nation become its best, so that my generation can have something when we get older. I personally do not want what is happening now to happen in the next 4 years when my life will actually start to blossom.

I agree.......Must be that redneck mentality.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:39 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,705,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorless View Post
Anchorless...........he is from TN is my guess as to why

Old 09-27-2007, 02:49 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,842,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
JESSE JACKSON: OBAMA 'ACTING LIKE HE'S WHITE' (broken link)

Jackson sharply criticized presidential hopeful and Illinois Sen. Barack Obama for “acting like he’s white†(...)
As long as Black Americans continue to reply on racial accusations to gain status, favorable employment positions, and to file sham lawsuits against people and companies, Americans of all other races will NOT respect them enough to vote for them for President.

Respect is something you earn. Obama cannot earn it by having far left wing elements fund him, far left media supporting him 101%, and to have Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton using race cards every 5 minutes.

Intimidation, lawsuits, race cards.... that is NOT the way of Martin Luther King, who EARNED the respect of Americans of ALL races with his Christian attitude and intelligent remarks. But as long as we have Jackson and Sharpton and the far left making race an issue out of every danggoned little thing, blacks will never make it to the White House.

Again, respect is something you earn. And Jackson and Sharpton are a disgrace to black America and a step back from the days of MLK.

Last edited by Yac; 12-13-2007 at 04:44 AM..

Old 09-27-2007, 02:50 PM

I've never been to Tennessee, but I hardly think it's fair to say that because someone is from X, they must be racist (or anything else).

Old 09-27-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
As long as Black Americans continue to reply on racial accusations to gain status, favorable employment positions, and to file sham lawsuits against people and companies, Americans of all other races will NOT respect them enough to vote for them for President.

Respect is something you earn. Obama cannot earn it by having far left wing elements fund him, far left media supporting him 101%, and to have Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton using race cards every 5 minutes.

Intimidation, lawsuits, race cards.... that is NOT the way of Martin Luther King, who EARNED the respect of Americans of ALL races with his Christian attitude and intelligent remarks. But as long as we have Jackson and Sharpton and the far left making race an issue out of every danggoned little thing, blacks will never make it to the White House.

Again, respect is something you earn. And Jackson and Sharpton are a disgrace to black America and a step back from the days of MLK.
While I agree Jackson and Sharpton aren't even in the same league as MLK, I don't think that, judging from what you write above, you exhibit a fundamental understanding of MLK, his writings, works, ideas, and agenda, nor do I think you properly understand the issue of race in this country.

Look - it's not about black people fitting into your established status quo that is markedly white and Christian. I know the idea of diversity (especially cultural diversity) is disturbing to you - you've expressed as much, but blacks aren't so quick to forget their legacy, as much as some people may want them to.

To ignore the fact that race is an issue in this country is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:59 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,374,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
You know, it really makes me sick to think people are defined by the color of their skin.
Aren't we over this already???????????
Like it or not, it is Human Nature -

EVERYONE, and I bet including yourself, will "comment" (define) on someone "not like you" - be it they are fat or skinny, tall or short, the color of their hair, the clothes they wear etc

Human nature

Old 09-27-2007, 05:21 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,271,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorless View Post
For the love of God, just put that poster on your ignore list. Said poster is always going on race related threads spouting white supremacist rhetoric.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:27 PM

261 posts, read 623,052 times
I thnk the US is more ready for Hillary,Bill Richardson, or Obama than a Mormon. But then again, I never though Bush would be elected.

Please, can someone stop the FRAUD that is Rudy Guliani?! The FAKE hero of 9/11. I can't believe America has been duped by this guy. Does anyone remember how horrible he was before 9/11?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections