Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 04:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Thatwas not the question. They asked me why I thought he would get re-elected, I answered, do try keeping up with the discussion, once again it is YOU that FAILED.
So you dont think people want to vote for Obama based upon his accomplishments? Really?

Old 05-21-2012, 05:53 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,012,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
1-20-13 = bye, bye Barry and I can't wait.....

DECKER: Obama's inevitable shellacking - Washington Times
What else would you expect from this conservative rag?

Old 05-21-2012, 06:56 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,798,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
President Obama has restored relations with the middle East (Israel etc) that was at a all time low at the end of the Bush administration.
Romney actually lost jobs when he was Gov.
Bush again, Bush Bush Bush...just give him a kiss and tell him you love him. He's the only thing that can make Obama look even remotely good at this point. So you NEED Bush.

As for middle east relations?

Do yourself a favor and get educated about the real way Obama has treated Israel

Old 05-21-2012, 07:47 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,473,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
President Obama has restored relations with the middle East (Israel etc) that was at a all time low at the end of the Bush administration.
Romney actually lost jobs when he was Gov.
Massachusetts did not lose jobs when Romney was governor. The state gained over 50,000 jobs even though population grew by only about 25,000 (and the working age population grew by less). So two jobs were created for every resident gained. And more than two jobs were created for every working age resident gained. He got the state's unemployment rate down to 4.6%. That sounds pretty good compared to what unemployment is in the US right now, wouldn't you say?

The US has lost a net total of close to 600,000 jobs since Obama has been president while the population has grown by more than 8 million.

As far as this idea that Obama has "restored relations with Israel" and that the relations were at an all time low at the end of the Bush administration, that's laughable.

Take a look at this:

Barack Obama

And this:

Dan Senor: Why Israel Has Doubts About Obama - WSJ.com

As far as your idea that Clinton handed Bush a rosy economic situation, it is true that there were some budget surpluses under Clinton, but did you sleep through the early 2000's recession?

Also, I find it quite ironic that you complain about debt added during Bush Jr's presidency when you are an Obama lover. Yes, Bush amassed a lot of debt, but Obama actually amassed more debt in his first 3 years and 2 months in office (through this March) than Bush did in all 8 years he was in office.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-21-2012 at 09:14 PM..

Old 05-21-2012, 07:50 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,543,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is there any particular reason you don't believe Barack Obama will be a one term President?
I'm not guaranteeing an Obama victory in November, but when you consider that his opponent won't even win his two "home" states, it's not a great sign for the GOP.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:51 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,543,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you dont think people want to vote for Obama based upon his accomplishments? Really?
The reality is that we're often forced to vote for the perceived lesser of evils.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:54 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,473,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I'm not guaranteeing an Obama victory in November, but when you consider that his opponent won't even win his two "home" states, it's not a great sign for the GOP.
There's a slight chance (notice I said slight) Romney could win Michigan, but you are very correct that he won't win Massachusetts. That being said, I don't think the fact that Romney will lose MA and likely MI is relevant. There have been several presidents who have lost their home states.

Obama's job approval rating remains too low for him to be re-elected, unless third party candidates do very well this election, because incumbents typically have a ceiling in the percentage of the vote they receive of their approval rating among actual voters, or actually slightly less than their approval rating among actual voters. Some Obama supporters have said that people just won't vote for Romney because he is so "unlikeable," except some recent polling indicates that Romney's net likeability is now ahead of Obama's.

Of course Obama's approval could go up or he could outperform his approval rating (which is very unlikely based on historical precedence) or third parties could get a much larger share of the vote than usual. But some Obama supporters think he is a shoe-in and that is absolutely laughable.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-21-2012 at 08:07 PM..

Old 05-21-2012, 07:55 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,478,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroguydc View Post
look for the strikingly handsome tall guy waving an american flag in front of the white house on tv as news of barack obama's defeat is announced to the world on election night. That will be me.
lls

Old 05-21-2012, 09:10 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post

While it's doubtful any Republican will ever win the bluest state in the country (MA), it's quite possible that Mitt Romney could win MI and even NH. I wouldn't be so sure those are in the bag for Obama and neither are states we are counting on either.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:24 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
While it's doubtful any Republican will ever win the bluest state in the country (MA), it's quite possible that Mitt Romney could win MI and even NH. I wouldn't be so sure those are in the bag for Obama and neither are states we are counting on either.
Exactly right. The best thing about Romney is he should do well in the same states Hillary kicked the community organizer around in, and several of those were the main swing states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections