Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 05:53 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,383,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Kind of an oxymoron when he supports gay marriage
Kind of an oxymoron for anyone who eats shellfish or mixes fabrics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 06:22 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,179,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
You either must be very young (like not even eligible to vote), or you must have been living on an island for the last 20 years.

Why is that and what on earth would give you that perception?

Old 05-22-2012, 06:36 PM

371 posts, read 445,294 times

Old 05-22-2012, 11:40 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,210,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
President Obama seems like an outstanding family man, a devout Christian, a leader who is not afraid to take a controversial stance in an election year if he believes it is the right thing to do, and overall just a nice and classy guy with nothing bad to say about anyone.

Mitt Romney was a schoolyard bully who harassed gay kids. In his adult life, he has laid off many hardworking people from his company. He somehow finagled his way into a lower tax bracket than mine, despite my salary of $45,000 a year.

I will probably still end up voting for Romney if i think he can do better on the economy than Obama. But believe me, i will be holding my nose in the voting booth.

Is this really a serious thread??? Why start a thread like this that offers no real information and is just your opinion based on distortions by the media? You have got to be kidding!

Old 05-23-2012, 01:27 AM

8,288 posts, read 13,610,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I do not have to like the president I just want one who cares about this country
obama does NOT like this country and has been working hard to make it in his image
which is for shi*
I think when he finally gets his ass beat in Nov, the whole country will breathe better
I do not agree with Romney on a lot of stuff, but he will be a hell of a lot better that that scum we have had in there!!
Really? You want a President who cares about this country?

How does bailing out Mitt Romney's "Wall Street" sound and the banks?
How about bailing out GM and the auto industry like Obama did whereas Romney would have let them failed ala his mindset via BAIN Capital?

How about a President who said he would kill "Bin Laden" if he had the chance instead of Dubya who mocked our troops like he did during a "press conference" looking under his podium in a sarcastic fashion as if he was looking for "Bin Laden" when his family has business connection with the House of Saud" and Saudi Arabia and where the only people who were able to fly out of the US when after 9/11 was the Bin Laden family?

How about passing a Healthcare law that allows Insurance companies NOT to exclude you from coverage for "PRE EXISTING" Medical conditions?

How About allowing your kids stay on their parent's Health Insurance policies until they are 26 & can get through College?

How About reducing the Interest rates for Student College loans whereas as the GOP Congress will let that expire this summer just to make Obama look bad!

What you fail to realize is that Obama unlike Romney or Dubya had no allegiance to "Corporate America" since he was never a "business man " like Romney or Dubya!
Did he take their money? Of course and why not but it seems Wall street isn't to happy with Obama now since he imposed all of these "regulations" on the them.
Romney works for the 1% whereas Obama works for the 99%!

Old 05-23-2012, 01:40 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,465,772 times
Default Romney counts on people like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
President Obama seems like an outstanding family man, a devout Christian, a leader who is not afraid to take a controversial stance in an election year if he believes it is the right thing to do, and overall just a nice and classy guy with nothing bad to say about anyone.

Mitt Romney was a schoolyard bully who harassed gay kids. In his adult life, he has laid off many hardworking people from his company. He somehow finagled his way into a lower tax bracket than mine, despite my salary of $45,000 a year.

I will probably still end up voting for Romney if i think he can do better on the economy than Obama. But believe me, i will be holding my nose in the voting booth.
You are the type of voter that Romney is praying for. Rational and enlightened for 2 of 3 sentences, before completely doing a free-fall and choosing unwisely without making any sense. Ignore the collosal role that a tea party-downgraded Congress played in hampering this great President's economic plans. Ignore the 8 horrific years of Bush before that and the Depression we were headed for. Ignore the fact that Republicans don't know how to run an economy, specializing in making the rich richer, and creating record deficits from surpluses. Wake up.

Romney is a goon. Working with Congress to bring back Bush and protect the rich is not the way to go.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,465,772 times
Default Excellent post and spot on

This post trumps anything Romney supporters have to counter with. It is entirely true. The man stinks pretty damn bad. Soundly rejected in '08 in favor of McCain, obviously the Republican party has REGRESSED tremendously with his presence here. Absolutely pathetic.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:52 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,601,214 times
Lightbulb The GOP is in punt formation...

By now it should be obvious even to the extremely naive that the GOP long ago decided that the 2012 presidential election was not going to go in their favor. Their line-up of back bench candidates made this clear months ago.

Their effort is going to go towards trying to get their freshmen teabagger congressmen re-elected so they can continue to keep the house locked in concrete and resistant to any progress.

"Just say no", remember?

Old 05-23-2012, 07:23 AM

1,332 posts, read 998,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
By now it should be obvious even to the extremely naive that the GOP long ago decided that the 2012 presidential election was not going to go in their favor. Their line-up of back bench candidates made this clear months ago.

Their effort is going to go towards trying to get their freshmen teabagger congressmen re-elected so they can continue to keep the house locked in concrete and resistant to any progress.

"Just say no", remember?
Uh....by 'progress'....do you mean continually raising the debt? Is that the 'progress' you mean?

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-24-2012 at 03:33 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 05-23-2012, 08:18 AM

371 posts, read 445,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Uh....by 'progress'....do you mean continually raising the debt? Is that the 'progress' you mean?
ORLY?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections