Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 10:08 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,995,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
Didn't his dad run for president as a Mexican citizen?...

George Romney who was indeed born in Mexico but to Mormons who fled to Mexico because of religious persecution and never renounced their US citizenship. Now his Romney ancesters adapted Mexican customs and bought Mexican property and even founded a Mormon Temple in Mexico. I find this interesting because today Americans can't buy property in Mexico and have to lease it. If you want to buy it you have to surrender your US citizenship and take Mexican citizenship and it is much harder to pass Mexico's citizenship tests! Yet the Romney's somehow go around this (You can do stuff in Mexico if you give the official a gift for his children or his mother). George Romney and his father fled back to the US during the Revolution in the 1920s that created the current Mexican state and the PRI.
I don't know if the Romney's bothered to get any documents when they came back to America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,995,865 times
Willard "Mitt" Romney is a YS citizen but he is a member of a class or Americans who get a lot of abuse. HE IS AN ANCHOR BABY!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Re: the paragraphs in bold:

You are misinterpreting the law that was in effect when Obama was born. It was changed a few years later. That law said that the US born parent had to have lived in the US for five years after age 14, something Obama's mother could not fulfil b/c she had not lived anywhere for five years after age 14. However, it could be a 40 yo father who was the American citizen, and the same criteria would have applied (five years after age 14).

This was not the law just prior to the 2008 election. The law was changed sometime in the 1960s, I believe. You can certainly do a search here on CD; it's been posted many times over.
Well, as far as Obama is concerned it does not apply anyway. I got off CD, turned on Fox news and they were reporting that the Arizona official has documentation of Obama's birth. Thank you Arizona. You are a good state. We need more states like you.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:42 AM

7 posts, read 5,756 times
Romney could run ads on Spanish language TV and radio touting his dual Mexican/American citizenship. It could bump his support among the demographic by a few points.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:44 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,667,164 times
"Very interesting"? I disagree. It's a simple question. Was he born in the United States? If so, and this is not in doubt, he is a natural born citizen.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:28 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,778,532 times
We really don't know about this Romney guy...he could have been born anywhere for all we know...

We need to see the original long form birth certificate or doubts will persist...

Old 05-24-2012, 07:34 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Well, as far as Obama is concerned it does not apply anyway. I got off CD, turned on Fox news and they were reporting that the Arizona official has documentation of Obama's birth. Thank you Arizona. You are a good state. We need more states like you.
Good Grief! Hawaii has had this documentation all along, Obama showed it several times over, and it takes some nutjob from AZ, who did not get any type of BC whatsoever, just a verification of Hawaiian birth, for you to believe it?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:37 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Willard "Mitt" Romney is a YS citizen but he is a member of a class or Americans who get a lot of abuse. HE IS AN ANCHOR BABY!
IS an anchor baby? Not anymore, George is dead. Mitt's mom was def US born and raised.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:00 PM

419 posts, read 466,277 times
"Also I heard on the news about a lawsuit about Obama's citizenship when the judge asked the lawyer for Obama if the online birth certificate was the proof of his citizenship. The lawyer said she did not want to put that certificate into evidence. Then something happend and the case was no more, AGAIN. You say the proof has been given and I am waiting. Where is it? I have neither seen or heard of anyone else seeing the long form. I am not saying it is not there, but I will not believe it without a court verifying it is valid."

It's totally ridiculous to make a blanket statement like this and not give us a link, a name or anything else that might validate such a foolish comment. "Yeah, I heard on Fox that Obama's not a U.S. citizen." Well, duh! It is Fox, what else are they going to say? The long form's been provided, gee, sorry no one showed it to you personally, but you'd just say it was forged. We all know it's not about the birth certificate anyway.

For the person impressed that Arizona demanded Obama's birth certificate, well, if baggers are truly "NOT RACIST," then Bennett should be asking for Romney's birth certificate as well, before putting Romney on the ballot --- agreed?

I think you birthers are selling your party short. If there had been ANYTHING to Obama's birth certificate, McCain's folks would have found it. Heck, Hillary's people would have turned over every rock to find something to knock Obama out of the race. The fact that they didn't, and couldn't, should get Oily Taint and every other birther looking for some other conspiracy to pursue.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:10 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
McCain Obama Rubio Jindal Romney: Who else are you NUTS going to go after. Are you going to require video tapes of the mom's entering the hospital and giving birth? No wait, I'm sure some would say the tapes were messed with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections