Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 03:53 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Bain is just the beginning, my friend. There is a whole wealth of things to use against Mitt.
When do they plan to start, December?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
In a way I hesitated to post--don't want to tip off the opposition--but then who am I kidding, this is not top secret stuff.

For a team that appeared to be masterful in the 2008 campaign, Team Obama has had one misstep after another in 2012. Here are a few I've noticed.

1) The 'life of Julia' ad. This was a terrible ad, IMO, that highlighted Obama's philosophy of ever-more, ever-bigger government, and of jacking up the dependency index. This is not, and never has been popular in America. FDR was smart enough to couch his New Deal programs in terms that downplayed dependency. That's why social security was packaged as 'insurance' rather than welfare.

2) The Osama ad. When I saw it, I thought it was so bad that I wondered whether it was not a deliberate try by Bill Clinton to undermine Obama. It takes the greatest acheivement of the admin and devalues it. Even Arianna Huffington termed the ad 'despicable.'

3)The mishandling of Rev. Wright. With the revelation of the attempted $150,000 bribe, it appears that Wright is getting his revenge for being thrown under the bus. Same thing with Van Jones, who recently reamed Eric Holder over Fast and Furious. A rookie mistake. The Clintons made that mistake once with Billy Dale, and never again.

4)The Rex Nutting piece on spending growth. It was cited by Jay Carney, and then by Pres. Obama himself on the campaign trail. Only one problem--the piece was thoroughly shredded by normally pro-admin outlets, the Washington Post and AP. It was so far off, even they couldn't swallow it. Now Team Obama has to figure out how to walk it back, but I don't see a way.

5)The Bain attacks. One of the ads featured a situation that occurred after Romney had been long gone from Bain. As poster Sanrene points out even rising Dem star Cory Booker said that he was 'nauseated' by these attacks from team Obama.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...useated-5.html

All this just in the last month. Do they want to lose? Feel free to add to the list.

team obama is really laughable
he has one tiny little problem this go around
his failed record!
He is so stupid, everything they have tried has back fired
and he has NO idea how bad he is going to lose!
hell, the justice department is meeting with black preachers to try and teach them how to not get their tax exempt yanked for them by preaching obama from the pulpits!
Now that's a first!!
I find all of this funny as hell at the idiot-n-chief!!
The military has dumped his ass as well
he will pull some stunt like haul us into war to try and distract us
or something
what a hack!!!!!

Old 05-30-2012, 06:10 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Bain is just the beginning, my friend. There is a whole wealth of things to use against Mitt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When do they plan to start, December?

Old 05-30-2012, 06:27 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Bain will be the show and everything else will be the episodes.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:51 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
I couldn't believe it when I saw this ad at the top of a page on realclearpolitics. Team Obama is now using the numbers from the Rex Nutting 'Marketwatch' piece that were shredded, beheaded, and left for dead. Team Obama picked up the dead body props it up, and uses in a campaign ad. Remarkable.

The real story of spending under President Obama — Barack Obama

Old 06-09-2012, 11:02 AM

371 posts, read 443,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
For a team that appeared to be masterful in the 2008 campaign, Team Obama has had one misstep after another in 2012. Here are a few I've noticed.
Kinda like the Romney team misspelling "Amercia" not once, but twice?

Old 06-09-2012, 12:14 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13JERM View Post
Kinda like the Romney team misspelling "Amercia" not once, but twice?

Kinda like Obama using forward when they really meant forwarned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections