Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:08 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,572,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No surprise here, eh. Rice is a traditional conservative who favors small government and fiscal discipline.
Then why did she work for the Bush admin. since he was the opposite of this?

Condi may have been a bright and intellegent women but she threw away all that by staying with Bush for both of his terms. Powell was smart and left, but he should have left sooner before the Bush admin. tainted him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 09:09 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,211,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Then why did she work for the Bush admin. since he was the opposite of this?

Condi may have been a bright and intellegent women but she threw away all that by staying with Bush for both of his terms. Powell was smart and left, but he should have left sooner before the Bush admin. tainted him.
Ms. Rice's loyalty is what impresses me about her. It's rare these days.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,083,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Condoleezza Rice Endorses Romney Citing His Leadership - Bloomberg

What an impressive woman she is. Her record of service to the country and her foreign affairs knowledge makes her a perfect VP candidate....but I don't think she is interested.

THIS woman should be the ultimate role model for the black community.....but as is usually the case, conservative, accomplished black women are shunned and mocked.
Wait, so she should be the black community's role model because she has endorsed one of the worst GOP presidential candidates ever, basically an empty suit surrounded by birthers? Say what you will about Obama, but this is not a respectable moved by Rice. Of course, she stuck by GWB too, so perhaps her judgement has never been all that great.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:47 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,243,287 times
That's really going out on a limb to endorse a candidate once they've sewn up the nomination...

Old 05-31-2012, 09:49 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,083,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Ms. Rice's loyalty is what impresses me about her. It's rare these days.
You're easily impressed.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:14 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,195,209 times
Quote:
What an impressive woman she is. Her record of service to the country and her foreign affairs knowledge makes her a perfect VP candidate....but I don't think she is interested.

THIS woman should be the ultimate role model for the black community.....but as is usually the case, conservative, accomplished black women are shunned and mocked.
Perfect? Far from it. She has 0 pull with social conservatives, doesn't have a family, hasn't held any elected office and won't be able to help with fundraising.

A strong civil servant she was, but anyone who thinks she's a great VP candidate is delusional. Just in terms of GOP women, there are better people out there.

In terms of role model for the black community, had she been part of a Democratic administration and done the very same things, you'd be calling her a devil. That part of your argument really means nothing and you're biased.

Her endorsement is great, but you have to ask yourself, why it's coming in the very last days of May.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:10 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,174,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Wait, so she should be the black community's role model because she has endorsed one of the worst GOP presidential candidates ever, basically an empty suit surrounded by birthers? Say what you will about Obama, but this is not a respectable moved by Rice. Of course, she stuck by GWB too, so perhaps her judgement has never been all that great.

You can't really be this uninformed and enlightened.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:25 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,670,442 times
Quote:

She should be Mitt's VP. I would actually take a closer look at Romney if she were. I have been an Obama guy since before the last election, but I always look at the other side. I liked McCain before he swung far right and picked Palin, but I know little about Mitt other than he's a really rich, corporatist type of person who seems out of touch with the average American. However, when he comes my way, I will come out to hear him.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:28 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,433 times
Quote:

I LOVE Condi Rice. Class....intelligence...common sense. I agree...a perfect VP candidate. Whith her knowledge ofd foreign affairs, she would be a true asset to a Romney administration...not a bumbling embarrassment like biden has been.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:29 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The content of your post shows that you really have no clue what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections