Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 12:30 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,984,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
So what's factually incorrect in what Smash said? Go back, do some digging, and try to back up your "BS" comment with facts. (Hint--you can't, because that's how it played out. The unions did agree to all the concessions before they went through with the budget reform bill anyway, and the R's did file recalls first). The exit polls were pretty clear that regardless, a big chunk of people didn't think the recall was the way to go on principle, but that doesn't mean that the labor groups who organized it didn't have a reason to be upset.

At the end of the day, Walker winning was a morale buster for labor (they won Ohio, they lost here) but it really doesn't change much. States that have a R governor, House and Senate are already pushing through anti labor legislation, and they're going really extreme on social issues. Walker winning or losing doesn't change that. If more states become entirely R controlled, the same thing will happen elsewhere after November. If R's lose control in one body or another in those states, it will stop. My biggest concern is that this is going to further radicalize the extreme end of the R base, and they're going to go off on a bat poop crazy limb--even further than things like the personhood amendments they've been pushing--and voters are going to backlash completely on the R party.
You keep calling conservatives the "extremists" even in the face of record high turnout in which people advocating cradle-to-grave government and unsustainable entitlement programs got crushed.

When will you realize that you are the extremist and not Scott Walker or any other fiscally sound conservative?

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-07-2012 at 04:54 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 12:39 PM

23,644 posts, read 17,337,431 times
Well in the fantasy world that the media has created for Obama, they will recall the recall as a win for Obama and the unions as they rewrite our history. Not a problem for the Dems at all.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:40 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,225,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You're such a hoot.

You keep calling conservatives the "extremists" even in the face of record high turnout in which people advocating cradle-to-grave government and unsustainable entitlement programs got crushed.

When will you realize that you are the extremist and not Scott Walker or any other fiscally sound conservative?
The exit polling doesn't back up your comments about the reason behind the vote. Seventy percent thought the recall was wrong on principle--that they shouldn't be held unless there's official misconduct. I tend to agree with that postion, but I get why labor was so upset, and why they did what they did. They took a risk and they failed. Eighty percent said their financial situation was worse or hadn't changed in the last two years--that doesn't sound like resounding support for Walker's reforms.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...xit-polls.html

Passing legislation that declares the beginning of a pregnancy two weeks before conception (Arizona) or that bans most forms of birth control (personhood amendments) is very extreme and radical by just about every measure. Many conservatives aren't extremists--they're pro small business development, pro smaller government, and full of common sense--that's the camp I fall into. The last round of elections pushed a whole bunch of bat poop crazy radical nuts into office that ARE extreme. Do you ever read the news (I take it that's a no) to watch the fighting between the extreme, big government end of the R party and the rest of the conservatives in Congress? It's not pretty. I'm great with real conservatives holding public office--I even have a few in my family. I'm very concerned about big, intrusive government republicans winning lots of seats and trying to take complete control of the party.

As far as Scott Walker goes, my biggest gripe with him is I'm betting they kept a criminal in office. That isn't going to be pretty for the party if the investigation not only includes indictments for Walker, but also for major R donors.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 PM

1,187 posts, read 997,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Place your bets, everybody.

Nah, they'll focus their attention on the "criminal case" they are trumping up. They started it before the recall happened just in case they lost. There's ALWAYS a plan B.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,225,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Nah, they'll focus their attention on the "criminal case" they are trumping up. They started it before the recall happened just in case they lost. There's ALWAYS a plan B.
You think installing a secret router to get around the county system so you can use county employees and equipment for campaign work is "trumped up?" Think again. Walker's chief of staff (already indicted for stealing from a veterans fund) is being granted immunity now to testify against him on the election fraud issues. It's serious stuff, and it says something about you that you don't think so as well.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:01 PM

226 posts, read 214,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
They will not it is done now republicans would crying voter fraud if Walker lost

So is this your "clever" way to imply voter fraud occured?

Old 06-07-2012, 12:14 PM

22,231 posts, read 19,540,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Most Wisconsin voters didn't buy the bullshlt you're peddling.
I wasn't discussing the results of the recall. I as simply pointing out how this whole process unfolded and got started.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,341,971 times
I can see it now.

Someone is working day and night thinking of what to do next.

They lost, they got hammered, they were totally defeated and its time for them to understand America is sick of the way they do things.

Each and every voter who voted for Barrett should be forced to pay for the money they wasted on this scam recall election.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:58 PM

29,230 posts, read 22,478,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Uh... The Wisconsin Attorney General started the criminal investigation. It was directed at Walker's top aide, and spread to Walker himself. The DOJ got involved when it was discovered to be a Federal crime in addition to a State crime.

Who's 'trumping up' here? The AG of Wisconsin? Or is it only in your mind? Either way, the case is well under way, and we'll all see what happens soon enough.
It would be very ironic if the only Governor to withstand a recall was to be impeached for breaking the law afterward. If convicted, he would not be the first Governor to go to jail, so that's one record that won't be broken. But he might own the record of being the only one to be both recalled and impeached and sent to jail after impeachment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections