Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 01:48 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,902,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem125 View Post
Rev Al...now there's a cerebral giant!!!

Even the National Enquirer gets it right sometime... Or do you always attack the messenger?

I think anyone in office deciding on war needs to have their children/grandchildren enrolled first ....might make them think twice about their choices.

Seems MR isn't the only Repug that did all they could to avoid war....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 02:01 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,878,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Even the National Enquirer gets it right sometime... Or do you always attack the messenger?

I think anyone in office deciding on war needs to have their children/grandchildren enrolled first ....might make them think twice about their choices.

If I recall, Palin's son was in the military. Was it important to you then? She would be about the only one.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:46 PM

46,450 posts, read 27,325,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post

So, it's only repugs, it only has to do with the (R) or the (D) next to their name?

That is a shallow way of thinking, what about his thoughts, what about his actions.

Again, if this is the ONLY reason you are not voting for Romney, well, good luck in life.

BTW, obama is still sending people over, what do you think of him?

Old 06-10-2012, 06:48 AM

17,522 posts, read 24,784,151 times
Kerry got a Silver Star and Gore served as an enlisted man in the Army, but I'm not sure they would have been better than NO FLY Bush. I can't remember when I voted FOR someone rather than a choice between Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber

Old 06-10-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Usually liberals argue that religious rights can be protected against a draft or war -- starting with liberal Jeannette Rankin. I guess with Obama in the office, Democrats have been encouraged to flip on a lot of positions and values.
Usually Conservatives argue that religioous rights do not supercede wartime emergency and should not be protected against a draft or war--
I guess with Obama in Office, Republicans have been encouraged to flip a lot of positions and values.

Romney could have enlisted as a Concientious Objector and served as a medic

Old 06-10-2012, 05:51 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,968,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why are you thinking for yourself? Don't you know it does matter that millions of people did not go to Vietnam, at least that's what the left want you to think.....does not matter what they were doing...
See, this is the typical leftist thinking. They have NOTHING else to run on, so they have to find "Stuff" to try to slam Romney, even if they have to go back almost 50 years.....
Read the previous posts. Plenty of people didn't serve in Vietnam. The issue is hypocrisy.
It's the rightist chest-beaters who could have served but didn't. Always willing to send others off to die for their own security (or their portfolios). Why do conservatives embrace this attitude?
The left (and true Christians) hates hypocrisy in itself as a sin - but for conservatives it's just business and being pragmatic - "getting yours". The Ayn Rand philosophy - if you must serve, then that's your problem, so don't bother me with it.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:40 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,726,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
It's the rightist chest-beaters who could have served but didn't. Always willing to send others off to die for their own security (or their portfolios). .
You mean like that rightist chest beater Obam is doing now?

Gotcha!

Old 06-10-2012, 06:47 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,554,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Gotcha!
Thats false. Mitt is the one who plays to the chickenhawks like limbaugh.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Gotcha!
Bush invaded Afghanistan (and rightly so)
Bush invaded Iraq
How many have been killed in wars Obama launched?

Old 06-10-2012, 07:51 PM

26,737 posts, read 15,291,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Usually Conservatives argue that religioous rights do not supercede wartime emergency and should not be protected against a draft or war--
I guess with Obama in Office, Republicans have been encouraged to flip a lot of positions and values.

Romney could have enlisted as a Concientious Objector and served as a medic
No, you are making a fantasy example. I've never heard a Republican say that there should not be religious exemptions for a draft. I have heard Democrats talk of religious exemptions - including for Obamacare.

Democrats flip flopping for Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections