Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:49 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
If you're a straight white male......are you expected or supposed to vote Republican and strongly dislike Obama?
Idiotic question. We all have a brain and the whole theory behind democracy is that we all know how to use them.

I'm white, I'm hetero, I'm a political agnostic and I voted for Barack Obama last time. Astoundingly, I didn't suddenly turn black or gay after I voted for him.

Now I feel like an idiot for voting for Obama. George W had us running in the wrong direction and now Obama has us sprinting in that same wrong direction. Everything important he said he'd fix he didn't The economy, outsourcing, gas prices, the national debt, money wasted on wars overseas, Gitmo, gridlock in Washington, etc. If it didn't get worse under Obama, none of it got any better.

Obama only bothered to pull out of Iraq at the last minute, realizing that if he didn't he could kiss re-election goodbye. He did get bin Laden and I'm glad he did that much, but he failed to do all the important stuff.

Obama's first term has been political snobbery at it's finest. He likes to do things by executive order ... a lot. He likes to force-feed the American people programs they didn't want. Obamacare anyone? Obama has acted well beyond his authority as President too many times for me to be comfortable with. If he can't get his way via Congress, he does it his own way without their approval. Kinda like Julius Caesar or Adolf Hitler, he feels he knows what is best for for the USA and will act accordingly even if it is against the will of the majority of the American people.

But what do I know, I'm just a white heterosexual man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 12:48 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
This topic qualifies for Fail Of The Week.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:20 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Quote:
...are you expected or supposed to vote Republican and strongly dislike Obama?
You're expected to vote for whoever you want. The democraphics do say that you're more likely to vote Republican.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:24 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
No, but if you are an unemployed male, or female, of any color; you are expected to vote against Obama.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:29 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Please don't tell me you are a Michigan State University grad with logic like that.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:27 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Lightbulb If you're a straight white male...

Quote:
...are you expected or supposed to vote Republican and strongly dislike Obama?
No.

But if you strongly dislike Obama, you could be a redneck.

Obamaphobic redneck self-check frame.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:41 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Please don't tell me you are a Michigan State University grad with logic like that.
I kinda forgot that I posted this.

Anyway, it's a rhetorical question. Obviously, people can vote for anybody they want to, regardless of demographics. It's more to point out my frustration at some posters here who insinuate that minorities, gay people, and occasionally women (although not as much as the first two groups) are not real or second-rate Americans, and they're the ones supporting Obama (presumably these posters think that these groups are dumb.) I strongly disagree with that sentiment, regardless of whom I end up voting for.

Yes, I'm a Michigan State University grad; sometimes my posting style is a bit sarcastic like this.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:43 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
If you live in the south just vote like your preacher tells you to vote.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:42 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
I kinda forgot that I posted this.

Anyway, it's a rhetorical question. Obviously, people can vote for anybody they want to, regardless of demographics. It's more to point out my frustration at some posters here who insinuate that minorities, gay people, and occasionally women (although not as much as the first two groups) are not real or second-rate Americans, and they're the ones supporting Obama (presumably these posters think that these groups are dumb.) I strongly disagree with that sentiment, regardless of whom I end up voting for.

Yes, I'm a Michigan State University grad; sometimes my posting style is a bit sarcastic like this.
Try putting some context into your post. You posted one essentially cheap sentence.

Is it fair to ask the converse of your original post?

Old 06-18-2012, 10:22 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
A breif summary on the intelectual content of this thread
Brief and intellectual are misspelled btw. Did you go to MSU too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections