Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 10:02 PM

980 posts, read 1,151,204 times

Advertisements

I love how pissed off this guy is! Oh Yeah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 10:06 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,475,491 times
I liked McCain at one time. Not now.

Even so, if he loses this election, I hope he comes out on the other side okay. He served too long and too well to be chewed up and spit out by a failed nomination.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:06 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,595,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Boyardee View Post

I love how pissed off this guy is! Oh Yeah!
Nothing wrong with being an angry white man, just as long as your anger is against bad things and you use that anger in a positive manner.

I am angry over the lack of math skills in my communities school district. Instead of complaining and moaning and generally wasting good oxygen I started the process of going back to school to become a math teacher. I might only be able to effect 20 to 100 kids lives a year, but at least I am trying to fix a problem.

Americas largest problem now is whenever something goes wrong we spend more time, money, and effort trying to find who caused the problem than we do on trying to fix the problem. Fix the problem first, and then find out what happened to try and make sure it doesn't happen again!

Old 10-11-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Nothing wrong with being an angry white man, just as long as your anger is against bad things and you use that anger in a positive manner.

I am angry over the lack of math skills in my communities school district. Instead of complaining and moaning and generally wasting good oxygen I started the process of going back to school to become a math teacher. I might only be able to effect 20 to 100 kids lives a year, but at least I am trying to fix a problem.

Americas largest problem now is whenever something goes wrong we spend more time, money, and effort trying to find who caused the problem than we do on trying to fix the problem. Fix the problem first, and then find out what happened to try and make sure it doesn't happen again!
Fine. The Housing Crisis was caused by The Federal Government forcing Banks to make irresponsible loans to people. Under FDR they did it, because it was Christmas time and people "deserved" a chance. After WWII they did it because Veterans were "entitled" to loans, because they served their country. In the 1960's they did it, because Blacks had been "red-lined" out of the "good" neighborhoods. I guess under Clinton they did it, because we neeeded "low cost" housing. The next step appears to be actually paying for part of the house with tax payers money and forcing banks to charge risky borrowers, very good interest rates. Presumably, because banks are "greedy" and people "deserve" houses.

Remember, Blacks are SEVEN TIMES more likely to default on their mortgage than Whites are. So, these programs are currently directed at Blacks. An Obama presidency will see this increase in a big fat massive way. He's got plenty of history in that regard.

As a White Man, does that make me angry? Heck Yes!

Old 10-11-2008, 11:09 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,865,832 times
chefboyardee wrote; Remember,
Quote:
Blacks are SEVEN TIMES more likely to default on their mortgage than Whites are.
Do you have a source for that data? I've seen 4:1 (from HUD) but since Blacks are about 5 times likely to get crappy loans from the bankers I can understand some of that ratio.

I'm just wondering if you have a valid source, or is this something from Fox or Rush?

golfgod

Old 10-11-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
chefboyardee wrote; Remember,

Do you have a source for that data? I've seen 4:1 (from HUD) but since Blacks are about 5 times likely to get crappy loans from the bankers I can understand some of that ratio.

I'm just wondering if you have a valid source, or is this something from Fox or Rush?

golfgod
Yeah, it's from FHA. I'll find the link...

Old 10-12-2008, 12:50 AM

O.k., I found the link and remembered where this post was! lol

http://cbeweb-1.fullerton.edu/finance/journal/papers/pdf/past/vol18n02/v18p279.pdf (broken link)

Old 10-12-2008, 01:00 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,129,991 times
Quote:
O.k., I found the link and remembered where this post was! lol

http://cbeweb-1.fullerton.edu/finance/journal/papers/pdf/past/vol18n02/v18p279.pdf (broken link)
I see you live in Ohio as does another regular poster to this forum. Any relation to Sunshine by any chance?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:05 AM

11,448 posts, read 14,498,586 times
Quote:
Fine. The Housing Crisis was caused by The Federal Government forcing Banks to make irresponsible loans to people. Under FDR they did it, because it was Christmas time and people "deserved" a chance. After WWII they did it because Veterans were "entitled" to loans, because they served their country. In the 1960's they did it, because Blacks had been "red-lined" out of the "good" neighborhoods. I guess under Clinton they did it, because we neeeded "low cost" housing. The next step appears to be actually paying for part of the house with tax payers money and forcing banks to charge risky borrowers, very good interest rates. Presumably, because banks are "greedy" and people "deserve" houses.

Remember, Blacks are SEVEN TIMES more likely to default on their mortgage than Whites are. So, these programs are currently directed at Blacks. An Obama presidency will see this increase in a big fat massive way. He's got plenty of history in that regard.

As a White Man, does that make me angry? Heck Yes!
You're wrong all over the place. But before I waste my time with you I'll ask you kindly to show your sources (youtube vids don't count) or ****.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:12 AM

11,448 posts, read 14,498,586 times
Show me data that banks were "forced" to give risky loans.

Do you understand what the CRA really is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections