Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 11:50 AM

40 posts, read 64,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
5% was the goal line for decades. Lowering expectations is not an acceptable solution.
Please define for us why 5% is still a realistic goal. Be sure to touch on manufacturing decline, the rise of automation, record corporate profits WITHOUT full employment, and the desirability of financial bubbles.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 11:53 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,968,251 times
Carville 'worried' Obama missing 'depth' of economy problems | The Daily Caller

Old 06-13-2012, 11:59 AM

26,544 posts, read 15,116,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimspy View Post
Please define for us why 5% is still a realistic goal. Be sure to touch on manufacturing decline, the rise of automation, record corporate profits WITHOUT full employment, and the desirability of financial bubbles.

So you are saying Obama is naive when he said he could prevent the unemployment rate from rising above 8% and that we should be at historic levels of unemployment?

Just how much more do you know about the economy than Obama? Or are you accusing Obama of lying?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:04 PM

40 posts, read 64,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So you are saying Obama is naive when he said he could prevent the unemployment rate from rising above 8% and that we should be at historic levels of unemployment?

Just how much more do you know about the economy than Obama? Or are you accusing Obama of lying?
I'm accusing Obama of lying.

I'm certain he has been briefed on what's really going on. And I don't think he has the political courage to come out and say it. That's right, a liberal dissing the Big O. He knows what needs to be done, but he's either been told not to rock the boat until after the election, or he's been told not to rock the boat PERIOD. I'm not sure to what degree he is a tool of the Corporatocracy, but that he is to one degree or another is obvious.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:09 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
I think we have seen that polls in relation to results at elections do are not very accurate in such times as these.As we get closer tot eh elction the economy and unemloyemnt rates will be more and more the determinig factors.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:45 PM

26,544 posts, read 15,116,847 times
Quote:
I'm accusing Obama of lying.

I'm certain he has been briefed on what's really going on. And I don't think he has the political courage to come out and say it. That's right, a liberal dissing the Big O. He knows what needs to be done, but he's either been told not to rock the boat until after the election, or he's been told not to rock the boat PERIOD. I'm not sure to what degree he is a tool of the Corporatocracy, but that he is to one degree or another is obvious.
So Obama was not telling the truth during the 2008 campaign or during his presidency on the unemployment rate and what it should/could be. Okay, fine.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:53 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Polls do not mean jack polls for walker barrett were neck & neck the out come was kinda one sided this shows how polls do mean anything. In real reality Obama is winning that is what matters people do not want to vote for someone is will only help the rich. Dixie I know your a big time Romney troll if you can prove me wrong post cold hard facts how Romney will help everyone. I want to see if you can be the first Romney troll to post facts. I am not talk about views from like Rush or Faux Snooze real solid facts. I am most certainly sure you can not

First of all, I do not take anyone seriously who calls someone a 'troll' simply because they are supporting a different candidate than them. That is juvenile and tells me you are not real bright...among other things.

We have posted plenty of 'facts' and objective reasons Romney will be a huge improvement over Obama. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The OP works for the Romney campaign.

LOL...whether that is true or not, and it's not. This is an article concerning polling data, not something I, myself or the Romney campaign came up with on our own...sheesh!

Old 06-13-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
That's because most Americans have not the slightest clue as to economics, and especially what's going on right now and what's in store. They are looking at one thing, and one thing only: The unemployment rate. Somehow we have become fixated on 5% as THE goal line. The concept that we may never reach that level ever again, and that 7-8% unemployment may actually be the new 5%, is never raised in the media. It should be. We may look back on this time and say, "Ya know, 8.2% wasn't so bad after all."

And then there is the complicity of the Republicans, especially in the House. Since when do you get to block everything a President does, and then decry that same President for not being able to get anything done? Isn't that kinda like killing your parents and then throwing yourself on the mercy of the court because you're an orphan?

No, what people are looking at right now is their own personal experiences and they way they or someone in their family is living. You can tell people over and over that everything is peachy and improving, but when it isn't happening in their own life, it doesn't matter. Most folks, that do not draw a goverment check of some sort or do not work for the government in some capapcity, do not feel real secure or good about things at the moment.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Polls look even worse if you only look at independents.
Obama Drops to 35% Approval Among Independents | TaylorMarsh.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections