Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 02:53 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times

Advertisements

In my experience with elective politics (for reference beginning in 1986) when one side calls for an early, before election day concession or advocating that a candidate drop out (not for any reason, just drop out) that's an indication of extreme concern that the side asking will lose.

Just my experience. Oh yeah, I won that election. As did the candidate the next election that was being urged to drop out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 02:57 PM

336 posts, read 450,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
When are you lefties going to stop blaming BUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

For as long as it takes for us to fix all of his screw up's.

If McConnell and Boner would get out of the way, we could have had this done a long time ago.

If my 5 year old child acted as immature and petulent as the Tea Baggers do, I'd put a dunce hat on them, and have them sit in the corner.

Hey. wait a minute, I think we might be on to something............

Old 06-13-2012, 03:01 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlueMan View Post

If McConnell and Boner would get out of the way, we could have had this done a long time ago.

If my 5 year old child acted as immature and petulent as the Tea Baggers do, I'd put a dunce hat on them, and have them sit in the corner.

Wasn't Boner a character in Animal House? Or is that a "mature" way to write Boehner?

Old 06-13-2012, 03:32 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
It's the way these lefties roll. And they have the gall to think they're the ones who are not ignorant dopes.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:50 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
Obama hasn't shown any interest in sincerely reaching across the aisle to Mr. Boeher without trying to doubel-cross him eventually, as he's done more than once, most notably in that episode where they had a deal done, only for Obama to try and squeeze another $400,000,000 out of the Speaker, for which he was deservingly and resoundlingly thrashed on national TV

LBJ & Mr. Dirksen had no problem working together in crafting extremely sensitive Civil Rights legislation during the turmoil of the 1960s, and Clinton & Gingrich certainly co-existed peacefully for the most part after the lefties were oblierated in the midterm elections in 1994.

Mr. 'It's Not My Fault' is a weak and pathetic leader whose arrogance and ignorance will lead to his demise come November, thank goodness.

This is HIS economy, and if he really wants to know who to blame for this nonexistent 'recovery', all he needs is a mirror.

Blaming a tsunami for contributing to a weak economy is asinine, but only a spineless crybaby such as himself would make such a ludicrous remark.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Obama hasn't shown any interest in sincerely reaching across the aisle to Mr. Boeher without trying to doubel-cross him eventually, as he's done more than once, most notably in that episode where they had a deal done, only for Obama to try and squeeze another $400,000,000 out of the Speaker, for which he was deservingly and resoundlingly thrashed on national TV

LBJ & Mr. Dirksen had no problem working together in crafting extremely sensitive Civil Rights legislation during the turmoil of the 1960s, and Clinton & Gingrich certainly co-existed peacefully for the most part after the lefties were oblierated in the midterm elections in 1994.

Mr. 'It's Not My Fault' is a weak and pathetic leader whose arrogance and ignorance will lead to his demise come November, thank goodness.

This is HIS economy, and if he really wants to know who to blame for this nonexistent 'recovery', all he needs is a mirror.

Blaming a tsunami for contributing to a weak economy is asinine, but only a spineless crybaby such as himself would make such a ludicrous remark.

Very well stated. At almost 4 years later, and the excuses seem to escalate it does become quite pathetic, that one would still play the BLAME GAME, which he is quite good at, i must say.

Does not play the blame game, when things seem to be going well, he is all in front of the cameras, at those times.

His arrogance stuborness, and ignorance, i think has led to this arrogant administration, such as Holder.

Simple as this, are most Americans better off then 4 years ago, as he promised we would be. Nope.

Most Americans working, Nope, for crying out loud, college grads and teens can't even find work. And many Americans are being laid off as i type.

Unity, Nope more Division in this Country then ever, why is that!

Housing the worse scneario ever, and going to continue to go down, and what ever value one has in their home, kiss it good by.

Businesses thriving, Nope, on the contrary, so many businessess as we know have closed their door, are going to close, or a good portion of their stores, they will close. No profits.

The President unlike what he said in tapes i have of him in 2008 can spend, unlike what he said, he can spend like there is no tomorrow. Which of course for him there will not be!

If most people are true unto themselves, look around, don't take no genius to figure this one out. The economy is in the toilet, and Obama don't know how, and can't fix it. He ought to stop playing games, and just reason with the people and tell us, no i could not live up to my promise to all of you of bringing to you Hope n' Change. Whatever he promsies us this time around, will be nothing more then garbage?

Old 06-13-2012, 05:38 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Still haven't conceded?

Old 06-13-2012, 05:51 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlueMan View Post

So, please tell us what you think about harry reid? You know the guy who will not even vote on a house passed bi-partisan bill.....

This should be good....

Old 06-13-2012, 05:52 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I think the op should concede and resign from c-d. He's been pwned over and over along with his lefty allies to the point where it serves no purpose to continue to read their drivel.
You think? Who's making you participate or read anything? Jeez, conservative tantrums...

Old 06-13-2012, 05:57 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, please tell us what you think about harry reid? You know the guy who will not even vote on a house passed bi-partisan bill.....

This should be good....
I agree. I don't like Reid either. A bloodless drone like McConnell. Neither has the leadership mojo of a blind, toothless beagle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections