Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 12:12 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,375,333 times

Advertisements

According to a letter sent out to her supporters via email:
I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who has supported my campaign. Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been privileged and touched to witness the incredible dedication and sacrifice of so many people working for our campaign. Every minute you put into helping us win, every dollar you gave to keep up the fight meant more to me than I can ever possibly tell you.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.
I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting into this race: to work hard every day for the millions of Americans who need a voice in the White House.

I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep that promise today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise.
I know as I continue my lifelong work for a stronger America and a better world, I will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the commitment that you have shown me in the past 16 months. And I will always keep faith with the issues and causes that are important to you.

In the past few days, you have shown that support once again with hundreds of thousands of messages to the campaign, and again, I am touched by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, thank you.

Sincerely,
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 12:22 PM

430 posts, read 1,175,114 times
Thanks for the info. I have heard FRiday and then I heard Sat. I know she is doing something on FRiday and thought she would do it then.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:25 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,452,360 times
Is this just another email hoax, is there a link?

Edit: Never mind I found the link....{rolls eyes} it's about time!

Statement from Hillary Rodham Clinton - Just Hillary.com - The Hillary Clinton News Site (broken link)

Last edited by shipm8; 06-05-2008 at 12:47 PM..

Old 06-05-2008, 12:45 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,375,333 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/05/us...in&oref=slogin

Old 06-05-2008, 12:51 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default Hillary will concede on Saturday

The cable news channels last night had some interesting insider info on this. MSNBC was reporting that Hillary's campaign managers were contacting her supporters in the senate in order to enlist their support in forcing her to end her campaign. Apparently, she has stopped taking advice from her advisors and needed a frim "talking to" from senate allies she's known and trusted. They told her in no uncertain terms that she had to get out now and quickly endorse Obama.

This NY Times article makes brief mention of it.

The New York Times > Log In

Old 06-05-2008, 12:53 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,931,076 times
I support Hillary conceeding.

Woot

Old 06-05-2008, 12:57 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I support Hillary conceeding.

Woot

you're cruel...

Old 06-05-2008, 01:03 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The cable news channels last night had some interesting insider info on this. MSNBC was reporting that Hillary's campaign managers were contacting her supporters in the senate in order to enlist their support in forcing her to end her campaign. Apparently, she has stopped taking advice from her advisors and needed a frim "talking to" from senate allies she's known and trusted. They told her in no uncertain terms that she had to get out now and quickly endorse Obama.

This NY Times article makes brief mention of it.

The New York Times > Log In
Well, some of these high profile supporters of hers did not want to be held hostage. And clearly, that's what she was doing

Old 06-05-2008, 01:16 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,736,593 times
I've mixed feelings about Hillary. I understand that it's tough to admit defeat after such a long, costly, and very close primary election. But I also don't get why she chooses to end her campaign so ungraciously if VP is the ticket she wants right now. I mean, playing hard ball is not exactly the key to getting a VP offer from an opponent whom she already pretty much smeared all over every chance she got the last few months.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:18 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,045 times
I'll believe it when I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections