Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:07 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,580,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I went to a Romney event a couple of months ago in Maryland. I was very impressed by him. He has my support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Mark my words, Romney wins MI.
Are you whack and smoking crack? Michigan will take Obama back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 10:37 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,464,466 times
Quote:
Why would Romney pay back Olympic dollars granted by the federal government? Shouldn't you be asking the Olympic organization this question, or better yet the US Government? Yes you should.

Ignorant post.
Hmmm, Romney complaining about using taxpayer money to bail out one business, while using it himself to bail out another one.... seems like a pretty fair question, actually!

And BTW, IMHO, whites who troll Facebook, looking for black folks' comments to get upset about, definitely have no room to complain about "ignorant posts"...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...sgusts-me.html

Old 06-20-2012, 10:49 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,988,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
So the man would have let the auto industry fail and some in Michigan think that's ok? makes no sense to me.
That's what businesses do when they aren't turning a profit. Ask the thousands of small businesses that have shut down for that very reason. It's called free market and reality.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:52 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,592,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
That's what businesses do when they aren't turning a profit. Ask the thousands of small businesses that have shut down for that very reason. It's called free market and reality.

Very true! The lefties never want to face reality and they certainly can't stand the thought of free market. If the government doesn't control it and divide it up equally, they do not like it.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:19 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,868,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Arent you embarassed by not knowing the difference between bankruptcy, and failing?

Aren't you embarrassed for making erroneous assumptions?

BK or failing amount to the same, lost jobs. When GM did the BK they eliminated Saturn and others and cut their employment drastically as well as their benefits. That was not good for those that worked there.

Had the car companies not been propped up with aid and then incentives to buy not put in place they would have closed many doors and lost a great number of jobs directly as well as many peripheral positions. The net result is lost jobs and a demolished economy. So while you want to play with semantics, I'd rather deal with the impact and effect.

This time it wasn't just one company on the ropes as in the late 70's, but all of them. We had so much at stake and could not afford to let them fail. The physical cost was fairly minor but the benefit more than we can measure. Those in michigan have seen enough hard times, they could afford more.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:47 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Awww, a Romney onesie...I bet that was cute! I knew some people who were at that. Quite a few of the Romney's from the area were there. Glad to hear it was fun!

I wonder if they make Romney diapers, by the end of the day they are both full of crap.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:35 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,168,327 times
Quote:
Why would Romney pay back Olympic dollars granted by the federal government? Shouldn't you be asking the Olympic organization this question, or better yet the US Government? Yes you should.

Ignorant post.
Ignorant? Hmmm. I don't think so. Romney did head the organization if I am not mistaken. And it was scarred by corruption and scandal. Plus, they were given a 1.3 billion handout of our tax dollars. So, my question does have some merit. This seems like a social program. Oh, but it's ok because it's a republican taking the money for the greater good. God forbid that 1.3 billion goes to an after school program in a poverty stricken area or an employment program helping the disadvantage learn job skills, then we have an issue. It's so hard to believe or get behind anything republican. It's laughable.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:22 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,735,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Most of the auto industry, isnt in MI anymore. I'm in Ohio, very close to the GM Lordstown plant, and I can tell you first hand that the employees there are not very happy with Obama..
Good point. I wonder how the autoworkers at Ford and the plants in this country that make the foreign brands feel about Obama using their tax dollars to bailout their competitors--GM and Chrysler. Another example of Obama picking winners and losers. And the only winners in this boondoggle are the UAW unions-- the very ones whose greed pushed these two companies into near insolvency.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:40 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,505,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I wonder if they make Romney diapers, by the end of the day they are both full of crap.
Good one.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:12 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
This is a lie. I have read the article Mitt wrote on the subject and his suggestion was reasonable allowing for a bankruptcy that would HELP To restructure the auto industry as a real partnership between mgmt and labor while producing cars with cost structures akin to those of Japan and Germany.

The suggestion that "the man would have let the auto industry fail" is both insulting and false.

Yes, it is stupid of those who say it. It is an over simplification by very simple folks...lol. What Romney proposed is exactly what ended up happening and he would have done it without wasting billions of dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections