Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
No impact on the election, as I see it. Those who though they'd vote for the President before ... and those who want to see someone other than the President in that chair come next January ... aren't going to be swayed to change their votes because of this controversy.
Few would argue they would. It's the undecided middle that counts.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
And civilians in Mexico who died.

Juarez is horrible. The drug gang violence terrorizes innocent civilians. My family knows someone who lives there. They basically go home from work and lock the door - kids don't get to play outside. The murder rate is worse than war time Baghdad there. Is our government contributing to this horror? WHY?

This is awful - I can't believe so many people want to causally toss aside the death of Mexican civilians and a US border agent, simply because their guy wants to keep government documents on the matter covered up.

And if Obama were my guy, Thank God he is not. I would rather the truth come out, then hold onto the idea that don't know about it, dont' care about it.

That is not the way i operate. Just because of a guy with a polticial name, D after his name. If it were R i would still feel the same. This is not only about finding out the truth, but it is the principle of the matter, do peope not have principles anymore in this day and age.
People died because of this screw up, and those responsible, need to be held liable, and i don't give a damn who they are, if this were my son, i would be pissed to say the least. What a slap in the face, to the slain border patrol agents family. I would also be as they are, for my son if that were he, i would want the truth for the sake of his not dying in vain.

No party deserves protecting, in these ciricumstances, life is short, and his was cut very short, with the other people who also died.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:44 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
All this shows is the left is not really interested in TRUTH. This will trouble any decent person and there is no doubt it will affect their vote.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:18 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I think if the election were tomorrow, F&F would not matter much. The main problem I think is the lack of coherent messaging coming from the right. We spend a lot of time talking about the people who died but in truth, yeah, these drug gangs would have gotten their guns from some other source if not F&F, and most of those people would still be dead. The focus should be on why it takes the DOJ 18 months to determine which screw-up at BATF authorized this insane operation, and why. Why have they not been sent packing to a career selling real estate, copiers, or managing a McDonalds rather than overseeing heavily armed federal agents? Is it because the authorization was at a high level, higher than Holder would, er, care to admit? Higher than Pres. Obama would, er, care to admit? If not, then why? Why 18 months?

There are a bunch of little lies and discrepancies connected with this case but no one big thematic gotcha that can be encapsulated in the headline. R's need to keep hammering away at the 18 month question and gradually fill in the background of lies & discrepancies.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:22 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Default Predictions: Will Fast and Furious Influence the Election?

As much as the Obama-haters hope so, it won't. It'll give the haters the momentary hate-high they seek so desperately, but it won't sway very many votes at all. Long before the election, it will become a nonissue.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:28 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
At this point, whether Oblama wins re-election may not matter.

If he does win but the Democrats do not retake both Houses of Congress, the investigation will continue into his second term. It will be the end of him one way or the other.

If these documents were so innocuous and innocent, they would have been produced. Whatever is in them and whatever is being withheld is enough to bring down the presidency. There is no other rational explanation for the DOJ's stonewalling and now the assertion of executive privilege.

The longer this goes on, the more I become convinced that Obama and Eric Holder are responsible for the deaths of 200+ Mexican citizens and agent Terry. Not to mention all the deaths that will happen in the future because of this illegal and ill-conceived gunrunning operation.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
As much as the Obama-haters hope so, it won't. It'll give the haters the momentary hate-high they seek so desperately, but it won't sway very many votes at all. Long before the election, it will become a nonissue.
Let's face it. You're not interested in the truth. You would personally deliver automatic weapons to the cartels if you thought it would help Obama, wouldn't you?

Old 06-20-2012, 04:46 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Let's face it. You're not interested in the truth. You would personally deliver automatic weapons to the cartels if you thought it would help Obama, wouldn't you?

Deep the irony in this post is.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:48 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It may be a bit too early, but he may lose a few votes over this. We'll have to wait and see if more information comes out. Executive Privilege won't help with more information coming out, but it doesn't look good for him to do it.

Dead US agent, dead Mexican civilians and the US Government won't release documents discussing the possibility that we provided guns to violent drug gangs that have crippled and terrorized the good people in northern Mexico.

Here is another question, do you guys agree with Candidate Obama (2007) or President Obama on Executive Privilege and when it can be used?

Of course!

Executive priveledge being used in a criminal situation in which Obama claimed no knowledge? This is a crime that is close to Watergate in its scope, yet is being ignored by the liberal media, simply because the crime was committed by Obama and Holder.

The Obama administration, realizing that the documents would directly implicate HIM, made a political decision that use of "executive priveledge" to bail Holder out of going to jail would be better than the both of them in jail.

The Obama admin will definately go down in history as the most corrupt and inept presidency. How long before the election? Will Obama allow free elections?

Old 06-20-2012, 04:49 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Based on what? Your say so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections