Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:09 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,328,256 times

Advertisements

Just call him Mitt pump and dump Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 06:37 AM

68,409 posts, read 54,706,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Tell me your opinion when you actually know who knows what..
My opinion is he headed a corporation, the sole purpose of which was generating a profit. My opinion is that doesn't mean Jack as far as him having the ability to head a government. My opinion is I will NEVER vote to put another ChickenS**T ChickenHawk in the White House and that alone excludes Romney. My opinion is Romney as CinC would be an unmitigated disaster.

Tell me your opinion when you know what.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:12 AM

45 posts, read 51,786 times
No matter what you Libs say about Romney, he will be a lot better then Obama who is such a disaster to this country. Obama's lack of experience is so obvious he is way over his head. I'd take a businessman running the country over a community organizer any day.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:30 AM

26,737 posts, read 15,295,867 times

It "Wouldn't Be Good For Our Economy" For Outsourced Jobs To Come Back - YouTube

Obama's job adviser, Jeff Immelt (of GE) is a major outsourcer....he even outsourced after being named to the position by Obama. Seriously, how can Obama have his top Jobs Adviser be the guy who officially made GE have more employees over seas than in the US?

AllGov - News - Why Did Obama Choose Outsourcing Champion Jeffrey Immelt as Jobs Advisor?

"And it probably wouldn't be good for our economy for a bunch of these jobs to come back because, frankly, there's no way that people could be getting paid a living wage on some of these jobs, at least in order to be competitive in an international setting." -President Obama

How can Obama have his top jobs adviser as the biggest outsourcer and say that it would be bad to get those jobs back and then criticize Romney?

Old 06-28-2012, 06:43 AM

17,415 posts, read 12,044,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Yes, Romney is the king of outsourcing... He doesn't need to be nowhere near the oval office...
Where's the proof of that? Or are you relying on the lying media for your information? The information that has been proved false?

So please, show me 5 examples of Romney outsourcing.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:46 AM

17,415 posts, read 12,044,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
My opinion is he headed a corporation, the sole purpose of which was generating a profit. My opinion is that doesn't mean Jack as far as him having the ability to head a government. My opinion is I will NEVER vote to put another ChickenS**T ChickenHawk in the White House and that alone excludes Romney. My opinion is Romney as CinC would be an unmitigated disaster.

Tell me your opinion when you know what.
So you're OK with a president sending in drones to kill people that have NOT been found to have committed any crime?

My opinion is Obama is ALREADY an unmitigated disaster.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:03 AM

26,737 posts, read 15,295,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So you're OK with a president sending in drones to kill people that have NOT been found to have committed any crime?

No doubt.

You want to talk about racial profiling. In Obama's presidency you are guilty if you are near a target and then you get droned.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:05 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,007,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Bain Capital (Romney's company) invested in companies that facilitated outsourcing jobs to cheaper labor markets overseas. Romney says, " I know why jobs come and why they go."
Yes, the Washington Post added that piece of information, that Bain invested in companies that specialized in helping other companies get rid of employees, either in the United States or overall, by outsourcing work to outside suppliers and offshoring work to other countries.

But this issue leads to questioning two assumptions by the Romney camp:

A) That Romney's record as a successful businessman means that he knows how to create jobs and be a good president.
B) That the type of businessman that Romney was supports assumption "A."

Now, the case for electing a businessman as president is very weak. A competitive success in business bears no particular relationship to the tasks of a president, which is forming fiscal and social policies that helps citizens and establishing foreign policy. So even if Romney were a true captain of industry, which he wasn't, this wouldn’t be a strong qualification. Otherwise, Warren G. Harding, Herbert Hoover, Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush would have been great presidents.

Which leads use to assumption "B." Romney wasn’t a captain of industry. He didn’t build businesses, he bought and sold them – sometimes restructuring them in ways that added jobs, often in ways that preserved profits but destroyed jobs, and fairly often in ways that extracted money for Bain but killed the business in the process.

Then getting to the new revelation, domestic outsourcing, which the Romney camp paints as just moving one job here to another job there as a zero job loss. It is not that innocuous. On the contrary, it’s often a way to replace well-paid employees who receive decent health and retirement benefits with low-wage, low-benefit employees at subcontracting firms. That is, it’s still about redistribution from middle-class Americans to a small minority at the top. And that's Romney's business record.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:11 AM

12,264 posts, read 6,519,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

Surely you remember the "Shock and Awe" delivered to Iraq for reasons yet unknown. They weren`t found guilty of anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections