Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 12:26 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,286,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Seems to sum it up for me too.
How many examples do you need before you'll admit there is problem? You have that recent case where that woman was sentenced to 5 years, what was not highlighted is the 5 other people either convicted or awaiting trial in the same county on the same charges. Thesea are just the people that got caught and this isn't a crime like murder where you have a dead body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 09:47 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,182,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
There is not a single state with voter ID that does not have provisions for obtaining a free one.

Complain all you want but both sides are guilty.
I guess you must have missed the email that was circulated at the DMV here in Wisconsin that told employee's not to let people know they could get their ID for free. That story was of course exposed. So you see, in fact, they were conveniently not providing the information to people that the ID for voting purposes was free.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I guess you must have missed the email that was circulated at the DMV here in Wisconsin that told employee's not to let people know they could get their ID for free. That story was of course exposed. So you see, in fact, they were conveniently not providing the information to people that the ID for voting purposes was free.
You specifically said they added a fee to the ID, now you're moving the goalposts. Here's that email:

Quote:
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...c66c3d.pdf.pdf

While you should certainly help customers who come in asking for a free ID to check the appropriate box, you should refrain from offering the free version to custome'rs who do not ask for it.
The option for the free version would be on the form they are filling out, yes? So in fact the option for the free version will be in black in white on the form in front of them.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:21 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,368,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Next would be addressing the second paragraph, which you missed for some odd reason
Did you write only one paragraph?
I responded to the bs of the first.

Why don't you accept that I responded to your first paragraph.
Oh, I didn't agree with you so my response isn't valid.

Older people don't always have the resources that young have.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:29 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,690,848 times
Media response: "Both sides do it."

Old 07-19-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
You specifically said they added a fee to the ID, now you're moving the goalposts. Here's that email:

The option for the free version would be on the form they are filling out, yes? So in fact the option for the free version will be in black in white on the form in front of them.
Huh? I don't recall saying they added a fee, I believe I said there was a fee. Unless people knew enough that the ID should be free. I don't know what you're arguing about.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Huh? I don't recall saying they added a fee, I believe I said there was a fee. Unless people knew enough that the ID should be free. I don't know what you're arguing about.
You said added a fee:

Quote:
& let's not forget voter ID, adding a fee onto that no less?
Here's the application, note the giant words at the top of the application:
Quote:
http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/forms/mv3004.pdf

All ID cards used for voting are FREE
Check the box ID for FREE on the back
This is not clear enough?

Old 07-19-2013, 12:49 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,864,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Did you write only one paragraph?
I responded to the bs of the first.

Why don't you accept that I responded to your first paragraph.
Oh, I didn't agree with you so my response isn't valid.

Older people don't always have the resources that young have.
So I guess you still don't have a response to the second paragraph.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
You said added a fee:

Here's the application, note the giant words at the top of the application:
This is not clear enough?
Oh, oh well. Same thing. There's a fee if you don't know enough to make sure you don't get charged.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Oh, oh well. Same thing. There's a fee if you don't know enough to make sure you don't get charged.
What would you suggest they do besides the big giant explanation at the top of the application that states it's free for voting purposes? LOL

In your opinion this is not enough?

Last edited by thecoalman; 08-01-2020 at 05:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections