Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 06:13 AM

26,736 posts, read 15,291,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The closest ID center to me is about 12 miles away.If I had to pay someone to take me(no bus service available )it would cost money to vote. Poll tax! It doesn`t matter what Wikileaks claims. Governor Corbett as AG prosecuted zero cases of voter fraud. Mike Turzai spilled the proverbial beans.
OMG! My polling Center is a long ways away. I can't walk there. I have to drive! Driving = Money....POLL TAX. POLL TAX POLL TAX!!!!!! AND you can't say get an absentee ballot -- because you have to go in for that -- gasoline $$$$ POLL TAX!!!

The government must drive me there!!!!! I also need the government to help me breathe, I am too lazy today.

You aren't allowed to check for voter ID Fraud, so when you don't find any it proves none exist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 06:29 AM

12,264 posts, read 6,519,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
OMG! My polling Center is a long ways away. I can't walk there. I have to drive! Driving = Money....POLL TAX. POLL TAX POLL TAX!!!!!! AND you can't say get an absentee ballot -- because you have to go in for that -- gasoline $$$$ POLL TAX!!!

The government must drive me there!!!!! I also need the government to help me breathe, I am too lazy today.

You aren't allowed to check for voter ID Fraud, so when you don't find any it proves none exist!
The Attorney General couldn`t find any vote fraud in 6 years. That`s a good indication that it doesn`t exist.Ya think?

Old 06-30-2012, 06:34 AM

In PA, you can actually still vote without ID and then: "This fall, voters who are unable to produce a photo ID when they show up at polling places will be given a provisional ballot that wont' be counted until the voter mails, faxes, or delivers a copy of their photo ID to county election offices." Simplified process created for some to get photo IDs for voting | PennLive.com

Old 06-30-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
The Attorney General couldn`t find any vote fraud in 6 years. That`s a good indication that it doesn`t exist.Ya think?
I won't let you look for ants. There are no ants in my front yard.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:47 AM

Mike Turzai spilled the beans regarding Pa. voter ID. You should quit while you`re behind.

Mike Turzai says Voter ID law will enable Mitt Romney to win in November. - Morning Call

Old 06-30-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Mike Turzai spilled the beans regarding Pa. voter ID. You should quit while you`re behind.

Mike Turzai says Voter ID law will enable Mitt Romney to win in November. - Morning Call
You should learn about context.

Turzai was trying to rile up an audience of Republicans. An audience, who like him, believe that Democrats use voter fraud to cheat. If they stop the voter fraud - through voter IDs - then Romney wins.

Hence, voter ID laws will help Romney win.

Turzai and many Republicans have been vocal about their belief in fraud. You are reading a quote out of context and projecting your own beliefs on it.

This has been shown on this thread before.

There is no difference between what you are doing and Glenn Beck taking an Obama quote out of context to claim that Obama wants to build a civilian force to rival the military.

What do you have against making proper voting rules?

Old 06-30-2012, 08:40 AM

I can believe in Bigfoot but that doesn`t make it real. We don`t need new laws to deal with a non existant problem. Again I`ll ask the question. When Tom Corbett the Pa. Attorney General why couldn`t he find one case of voter fraud to prosecute? History tells us that the vote suppressors have always claimed it was about protecting the integrity of the ballot.

Attack on voting rights has a deja vu vibe - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 06-30-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I can believe in Bigfoot but that doesn`t make it real. We don`t need new laws to deal with a non existant problem. Again I`ll ask the question. When Tom Corbett the Pa. Attorney General why couldn`t he find one case of voter fraud to prosecute? History tells us that the vote suppressors have always claimed it was about protecting the integrity of the ballot.

Attack on voting rights has a deja vu vibe - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

They can't ask to see ID. How are they suppose to catch people who may cheat?

Everyone can get a free ID. Why are you opposed to making the system more honest?

Old 06-30-2012, 10:15 AM

Pennsylvania Democrats Continue Smear Campaign Against Voter ID | | Republican Party of Pennsylvania | PAGOP.org

Over 99% of PA voters have ID. The rest can get free IDs. You can still vote on election day if you forgot or dont have one. You just have to bring in or fax your ID within 6 days.

75% of Americans want voter ID, 67% in PA.

The Cheeseboro voter fraud case in Philly, the WikiLeaks voter fraud claim, etc...

Seems like the Dems want to scam the system.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:26 AM

In September 2004, the Pennsylvania Republican Party sent a letter to 130,000 newly registered voters in Philadelphia urging them to vote Republican. However, about 10,000 of these cards came back as returned mail as the address did not exist and/or no one by the voter’s name lived at the address on the envelope. Republicans soon discovered that many of the addresses listed for new registrants were in fact vacant lots and boarded-up buildings. In one sample of 100 registrants, 15 turned out to be dead.

At least some of these faulty registrations may have come from voter registration drives, as some Pennsylvania residents complained that ACORN was deliberately putting inaccurate information on their registration forms.

Why shouldn't that be stopped by having voter ID? Why are you fine with this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections