Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times

Advertisements

if its all about business and profits, i could see him selling the US to the saudis at the right price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 11:23 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
if its all about business and profits, i could see him selling the US to the saudis at the right price.
That and he’d probably begin by outsourcing most of the federal guvmint, either to no-bid contracts with LDS folks in Utah or to calling centers in India!

"Hello, is this the IRS?"
"Good day sir, my name is Gupta, and I would be veddy hoppy to serve you today! Please to tell me, what is your social security number...?"

Old 07-18-2012, 06:55 AM

474 posts, read 601,573 times
Quote:
This blogger accuses Romeny regrding possible sellout of busines in America.to foreign business.......is the blogger thinking of the closure of the NASA shuttle program by the obama Administration and the sell out to Russia..where we hook on to space exploration for a $50 million dollar ride? Do we have to commute to Russia for the jobs that $50 million will create...or perhaps we should wonder what the Pesident meant by " doing more (for foreign countries) after the election? Come on...do you take us for stupid...didn't Forest Gump say "Stupid is as stupid does.?" We have seen a lot of "stupid" these past three years...apologies in over 20 countries...bowing to foreign powers, literally.....sanctioning of illegal aliens...usurping the power of Congress via forty czars and taking credit for our navy seals actions when just one year ago...they were villified by this administration....hey...Mr. President...didn't you say no one "does success" by themselves? When are you going to have Ralph lauren design your Superman uniform....?????

Old 07-18-2012, 07:05 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
He is trying. Does Adelson come to mind?

Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
A very legitimate concern! Romney is secretive about where he is getting his large campaign contributions from. Many believe these contributions are coming from outside the country.

I could see foreign companies coming into America and taking over our resources and privatizing necessaries of life such as water. We could become beholden to other countries all in the name of profit for private enterprise.

Last edited by jojajn; 07-18-2012 at 08:59 AM..

Old 07-18-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A very legitimate concern! Romney is secretive about where he is getting his large campaign contributions from. Many believe these contributions are coming from outside the company.

I could see foreign companies coming into America and taking over our resources and privatizing necessaries of life such as water. We could become beholden to other countries all in the name of profit for private enterprise.
Exactly... the US Chamber of Commerce receives tens of millions of foreign dollars in contributions and fees from around the world, and then donates those tens of millions of dollars to Republican candidates and causes in the USA.

Foreign-Funded ‘U.S.’ Chamber Of Commerce Running Partisan Attack Ads

Old 07-18-2012, 09:01 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,021 times
Quote:
Nonsense! We're his CLIENTS. He will simply collect a 2% fee from us quarterly, then 20% of our profits!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:04 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Exclamation how do we know?

Quote:
if romney is all about getting the best deal, how do we know he wouldnt sell the country to the highest bidder?

We can trust Romney.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:11 AM

Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
The current Governor of Florida - Rick Scott(R) - was a prior CEO. He touted his business experience.

He's been in office for 1.5 years and is the worst rated governor of all 50 states. He is so hated that no politician wants to be seen with him or associated with him. Even though FL is going to be where the Repub Natl Convention is held - you will not see Rick Scott anywhere. Romney periodically campaigns in FL(swing state), but Rick Scott is never asked to come along with Romney. No way. Not for a moment.

Rick's Scott business experience has caused him to have the "my way or the highway" attitude in politics. He passed many new laws that have been shot down in court as being unconstitutional. He figured he was the rule maker and heck with the constitution. He has wasted millions and millions of taxpaper money fighting these lawsuits and losing time after time.

He is pushing to increase the cost of homeowners insurance in the state, in a huge way. He's siding with the insurance companies and going against the homeowners in the State of Florida . He is hiding information the proves his theory wrong about the reason he says insurance rates need to be increased. A state agency did an independant insurance study that proved his theory(for raising insurance rates) wrong. This study magically disappeared from the state web site due to Rick Scott making them hide the information. He is all about fighting for the corporations to make more money. He's ok with our insurance premiums doubling or tripling because the insurance lobby wants to raise rates. He has sided with business (over people) and so will Romney.

Rick Scott was proud of his business experience and tried to run the State of Florida like a business. He is huge failure and even his own party sees this and doesnt want to be associated with him in any way.

Romney would be Rick Scott II. A business man that will fight for businesses and allow businesses to steamroll over the citizens of this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections